Chapter 53.2: Under the regime (Tyche’s Adventure 1 – Fifth Part)
803 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* Tick ** tick ** tack *

In a blink of an eye, everything around me changed, and I was squeezed between other people in a moving space.

*Schacka* *Schacka*

Repeating noises could be heard from outside until an incredibly loud squeak was heard, and the room came to a standstill.

*WOOM*

A sidewall opened, and I could see a man in uniform. It was the same uniform the guards wore.

“So you maggots! Get out of the train and be checked in turn!”

The room was slowly emptying, and only small groups could leave the room. There were fewer and fewer until there were only four other people with me.

“Get out!”

A soldier ordered us to leave the train. The other four went ahead because I stayed behind.

Each of the people was roughly packed by other guards and checked on their right hands.

“Hey, you!”

A soldier wanted to grab my arm, but before he could, I grabbed his forearm and twisted his arm around.

“Don’t touch me!”

I hissed at him and pushed him to the ground.

“Hey! You!”

Two guards pointed at me with their weapons. I responded immediately and showed them my right forearm.

“Satisfied?”

“Stand still!”

One guard continued to point the gun at me as the other turned to the soldier I had thrown to the ground and helped him up. After getting up, they both pointed at me with their weapons.

“Show us your number!”

I reached out to my forearm again.

“What kind of number?”

The guards looked irritated at the forearm and then at me.

“She has no number, sir.”

“Hmmm… what are you? Jewess? Gypsy?”

I looked back at the soldier who asked me, irritated.

“And what is that supposed to be?”

The guards were as irritated as I was, and it took a moment for either of them to respond.

“You two, take her to the NCO!”

“Miss? Can you please follow us?”

The character towards me had loosened up a bit, but they weren’t delighted. They kept a little distance from me and led me to a tower near the gate through which the others had to walk.

“In here.”

One of the two guards opened the door and sent me inside. Behind me, the guards followed into the small room where two men in uniform were sitting at desks and preparing documents.

“What’s happening?”

One of the men asked without taking his eyes off the documents.

“We have someone without a number. It was between the others.”

Both soldiers looked up from the desk and looked at us. They inspected me for a moment, then one dropped his head and went back to the documents, but the other said his word.

“Leave her here, and you can go.”

“Yes, sir!”

The two guards left the room, and the man who gave them the command pointed to an empty chair opposite him.

“Come sit down. I have a few questions for you.”

I sat a little stubbornly opposite him.

“Can we?”

He asked, pulling a small stack of sheets toward him.

“Yes.”

I answered him in an emotionless tone.

 “Who are you? Surname? Date and place of birth? Nationality? Believe?”

He started asking several questions.

Judging by the missing question, I should be on Earth again. Emilia knew the symbol, so there is no magic in this era and, therefore, no people. So the question of the breed was missing... Well, I know some countries from before, but...

I thought about answering honestly as soon as possible.

“My name is Tyche, I don’t know exactly what year is in your calendar, so I’ll just say I’m old! Very old! I was born in the greater Greece area. And belief? I don’t know if you could say that I have a belief… It’s more the people believe in me.”

The man frowned.

“Do you believe in God?”

Do I believe in myself? Or grandfather, Zeus? Ah, whatever.

“Sure, why shouldn’t I?”

The man’s look grew darker.

“Are you a Jew?”

Again that word “Jewess.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Hmmm…”

He looked at me skeptically for a moment, but then looked at the leaves.

“Hmm ...”

It took a few minutes before he looked up and turned back to me.

“We don’t have any missing prisoners, so... Who are you?”

14