Chapter 56: A hurtful escape (Tyche’s Adventure 1 – Last Part)
488 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Say? How do you want to end this illusion?”

Yes... How... How...

“I have an idea that could still work now.”

Siva got me out of my thoughts.

How?

“What do you plan to do?”

“Ah, something simple! I reactivate the time particles that still surround these two. So they should get the memories back from several cycles...”

She didn’t finish her sentence.

“And?”

Vivien asked visibly nervously.

“I don’t know how many cycles return… Reliving the memories alone can be dangerous and maybe hundreds of times! It’s easy, but ... maybe too painful.”

“Can’t you activate so much that we only get the memories from the last cycle?”

Siva shook her head.

“This world doesn’t allow for more precise magic use. What about you, goddess of luck, you keep silent?”

She looked over at me, straight into my eyes.

“I don’t know.”

I turned my eyes away from her.

“What is it?”

She spoke in an irritated tone.

“I can’t.”

What I saw in this chamber... No... to let others relive it on purpose...

I had pangs of conscience with the plan. After all, what I saw was just too cruel. Even the cruelty towards slaves in Leirust and Thane was not that bad.

“Please do it!”

Surprised by what Vivien said, I turned around.

“How do you think the cycle ends!? Why do you want to experience it again!?”

*clap*

“I know that death awaits us every time, why else would the illusion work like a time loop!? I’m not stupid!”

Vivien slapped me, and I looked bewildered in her face. Tears started to flow down her face.

“...Ok, Siva, it’s in your hands.”

“YES!”

She turned to the two.

“Who should I start with?”

...

“With me, please.”

Vivien answered. There was some confidence in her eyes, but I didn’t want to. I went to Elise and sat beside her.

“You should take your eyes off because when your mother receives the memories, it can be harrowing, maybe you should also cover your ears.”

Elise looked at me and nodded. She slid over to me and rested her forehead on my shoulder, covering her ears with both hands.

At that moment, Siva and Vivien glanced at us. I nodded to them that they could start, and that’s what they did.

Siva’s left index finger began to glow in green light. She moved around Vivien as if touching something in the air. When the light on her index finger stopped, small green lights around Vivien began to appear in the air.

“It begins.”

With a weak voice, Sivas opened the beginning.

The green light grew stronger until it flashed like a flash of light for a moment and then left us back in the dark.

Is it over?

“Ah!...”

Vivien groaned in a weak voice.

“Ah!...”

Again…

“Wa-...what is that!?”

It looked like something was wrong because her voice sounded shocked.

“Impossible!? No, that’s impossible!?”

I didn’t know what was going on, but... blood started running from her ears.

Shit, that’s not good at all!

“Siva!”

Through my tone, she looked hastily at me.

“Yes?”

“This is a damn bad sign!? Do something.”

“Yes!”

Siva placed all ten fingers on Vivien’s head, and they began to shine in faint white light.

“What is this thing!? Why is it doing this!? Who are you!?...”

After Vivien screamed a few questions into the room, she fell silent. She didn’t pass out, and neither died. Her breathing became shallow, and her knees weak. Siva slowly sank with her until she sat on her knees.

“Vivien?”

I called her name in a calm voice and tipped on her shoulder. She turned to me, and bloody tears ran down her face.

*Crack* *crack*

“What!?”

It happened just like in these worlds before. The illusion collapsed and shattered.

Elise, who sat next to the walls before, was gone, which meant that Vivien was Eris’s earlier self.

“Tyche!”

“Mi, greet-ings.”

Emilia and Mi came to us. Emilia had a worried face when she called my name. Mi, on the other hand, was formal and greeted us with a slight bow.

“Hey, guys. It’s nice to see you again.”

I spread my arms and hugged both one after the other.

“You both are fine! Emilia, I’m glad you didn’t come with me! Say, how long have I been away?”

Emilia put on a slight smile and let her eyes wander.

“I don’t know… I just don’t have a sense of time in this emptiness. I would estimate my sensation to be a week or three, but we don’t have to sleep or eat in this world, so it’s hard to judge.”

“Siva!”

Without turning to face her, I called her name.

“Yes?”

A nervous answer came from her. I turned and looked into her eyes.

“You have done enough. You should get out of here. It should work from here!”

“S-sure!”

She understood my message and let go of Vivien. She took a few steps away and made a slight bow.

“Then... goodbye... goddess of luck.”

A white and yellow light surrounded Siva, and a moment later, it flashed.

Now she’s gone... finally!

“Huh!? It still doesn’t work!”

Siva’s voice came out of the mist that remained after her flash of light.

“How so?”

With a slightly annoyed tone, I let my thoughts run free.

...!

“Nobody can get out of here as long as I don’t allow it!”

The bars appeared behind us, and the shadowy figure with red eyes was behind it. I looked around immediately, but aside from Siva and I, Vivien, Emilia, and Mi had lost consciousness.

...You again.

“Where are we!? How can something like that still exist! This presence!”

Siva immediately let everything that came to her head out, but even she had to try very hard not to fell on her knees.

“Do you want to imprison her here?”

Please don’t!

“Incorrect! I don’t want lowly beings around me!?”

“What! What about these humans or this, this one... wait!? A Duch Gór!? What is this being doing here!?”

A large hand slid between the bars and gripped Siva in its entirety, and only her head still looked out.

“HEY!”

Siva was startled and tried in vain to free herself.

“Monstrosity of Kronos, be warned if one of you appears, here again, none of you will be able to watch the time, ever again.”

Whether what she said was true or not was in the stars, but I believed that she was able to do it.

“Now get out of here.”

A huge white hole appeared in the air, and she threw Siva with all her strength through the portal.

“Tyche, next time, kill it!”

It wasn’t a joke. She was bitterly serious.

“I’m leaving, but I don’t think Eris is ready, so you have to wait. I will leave you a present for your fast work.”

She snapped her fingers and disappeared.

Is she good or bad now? Well... maybe just something in between.

I turned around and saw a house in the middle of nowhere.

The gift? ...Is a house?

I just shook my head.

Eris... I hope you’re okay...

 

=== POV Eris

 

Ouch! What was that!?

A Shock ran through my body. I scratched with my right hind paw behind my ear and looked at my opponent.

What? Are you giving up?

“Gwah!”

The bird of prey flew down to attack me.

Whatever you do, you’ve lost.

I accelerated my body using (Enhance body (medium)) and jumped to the side. The Flashbird was wide open, and I summoned three (Phoenixfire) simultaneously using (Multicast (weak)).

The first flame struck the left-wing and tore it to pieces. The second, however, missed the head and only brushed the comb of the bird. The last fire was a little too deep and only hit the legs of the flashbird.

The bird could no longer keep its balance without its wing and fell to the ground. Even on the ground, a flashbird was dangerous because of its magic. Though not as hazardous as its evolutionary form, the Thunderbird.

Bye Bye! (Phoenix strike)

My horn was covered in flames, and I sprinted onto the flashbird using (Enhance body (medium)). I rammed my horn into the Flashbird’s chest.

(Flashbird was defeated. 25 EP earned)

Open status.

 

<Status>

 

Name: Eris

Title: Hecate’s Blessing, Unique Subrace, Robust Mind, Magical mediator

Race: Horned rabbit (One-horn Wolpertinger) (Deity Form)

Sex: ♀️

Age: 12 years

Rank: D-

Job: Magical scout, Fire Mage (Apprentice)(blocked)

 

HP: 148/148

MP: 180/180

 

Level: 4  /25

EP: 35  /75

 

ATK: 114 -> 124 (x1.2)

DEF: 88 -> 98 (x1.2)

MAG: 302 (+151) -> 318 (+159) (x1.2)

AGI: 312 -> 332 (x1.2)

INT: 132 -> 147 (x1.2)

 

<=====>

 

Oh! A rank C+ monster gives still enough EP!

I cut open the Flashbird’s chest and took out the magical core with my paw. Before I could react, a window opened.

(Should the Flashbird Core be absorbed? Y/N)

No, not yet!

The window disappeared. I touched the red amulet that I was wearing around my neck, it started to shimmer, and the core was pulled into the pendant.

The sun is going down, and I should go back to my hiding place.

 

With this ends, Tyche’s adventure, and Eris makes her come back.

15