Chapter 59: Return to Fanhai
659 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The twentieth day dawned. I spent the last night in a small cave where normal mice lived. They were very peace-loving, which is why we didn't bother each other, but I had the feeling that it was more because they were afraid of me.

*Yawn*

I got up and hopped into the morning light of the sun.

In the past days, I only encountered creatures from lower ranks, which meant that I only got something between 1 to 3 EP per opponent.

Hmmm... Master should be awake since sunrise. Maybe I should just fly back, but...

There was something else I wanted to try.

(Core eater)

<Core Eater>

 

Active cores

 

Main Horned Rabbit(locked)

Body n/a.

Abdomen Phoenix(locked)

Arm(left) n/a.

Arm(right) n/a.

 

Archive Can be used in

 

Deity(splinter core) body

Psychic shapeshifter body(main); Main, arm(l. or r.)(Alternative)

 

Saved shapes:

Origin form (head: horned rabbit; abdomen: phoenix)

Deity form (head: horned rabbit; body: deity; abdomen: phoenix)

 

<=====>

Oh! I can use the Shapeshifter Core! But why Main and Alternative?

The system couldn't help answering my question.

(A complete core can be placed on different positions of (Core Eater). On the main position the death rate is at 0%, on alternative positions between 5 ~ 15%)

Wait a minute, why did I have a chance to die when I changed into the (Deity form) for the first time?

(Splinter cores are incomplete and can, therefore, lead to death despite the use of the main position. Due to the first transformation, the splinter core stabilized for reuse.)

Ah! That makes sense. Then I just have to do one thing.

I wiped my paw over the window surface and positioned the Psychic shapeshifter Core on the main position.

(Should the body be transformed into the new shape? Y/N)

Yes, please.

That was what I wanted to try. I've had it since battling the shapeshifters, but hadn't thought about it because of my training.

(Transformation begins in 5… 4… 3… 2… 1…)

Hey, wait! What if I am in the middle of...!

I couldn't complete the sentence because my body started to light up white. The light faded my vision for a moment, but also as quickly as it came.

A window opened.

((Body Modifier) no longer consumes mana when used.)

I looked around to see if anything had changed.

!

What!

My paws were as white as snow.

Crazy!

I jumped to a nearby stream and stared at my reflection in the water. My fur, which was previously black, was now white, and my red ears and wings were gold-colored.

Status.

<Status>

 

Name: Eris

Title: Hecate's Blessing, Unique Subrace, Robust Mind, Magical Mediator

Race: Horned Rabbit (One-horned Wolpertinger)(Psychic manipulation form)

Sex: ♀️

Age: 12 years

Rank: D-

Job: Magical Scout, Fire Mage (Apprentice)(blocked)

 

HP: 160/160

MP: 192/192

 

Level: 5/25

EP: 7/75

 

ATK: 134 (x1.2)

DEF: 108 (x1.2)

MAG: 334 (+167) (x1.2)

AGI: 352 (x1.2)

INT: 162 (x1.2)

 

<=====>

What kind of name is that (Psychic manipulation form)!?

A window opened upon my question.

(Should the name of this form be individualized?)

Yes, please. Please name it (Psychic Form).

(The Name was changed.)

So! With that done, let's try (Psychic).

I was looking for some small objects that I could move with level 1. By looking around, I found different objects I could use. They included two fist-sized stones, a branch about half a meter long, and a mushroom that I still hadn't torn out of the ground.

After the explanation (Psychic) ​​only worked on objects, I wanted to test with the mushroom, whether it would count as an object or not.

I started with one of the stones first. I imagined the stone would begin to float, and no sooner had I thought it would happen. The stone began to hover a few centimeters above the ground.

Perfect, now a circular motion.

The stone slowly began to rotate in a circle, but it didn't move very quickly, maybe just as fast as the second hand1Is second hand really the right word? Who don't know what I mean... I mean the clock hands for seconds. .

Something more difficult. Shoot up.

The stone jerked upward, but after a meter, it lost speed and flew down again. He landed on the ground next to the other stone.

Hmm, maybe a little too heavy... Now the branch.

The branch was much easier to move, and even skidding was easier.

Hmmm... The weight of the object also plays a role.

Now it was time for both stones. I wanted to try to float both stones together. I tried it several times but to no avail. Every time I tried to make the other stone float, the stone that was already floating fell to the ground.

Fuck! That means I can only move one object at a time.

Last but not least, it was the mushroom's turn. I tried to move the fungus still anchored in the ground, but no success, it didn't move a millimeter.

I tried a second time, but this time I separated the mushroom from its root-like things. It worked immediately! The detached mushroom turned from a living being into an object the moment I detached it from its organism.

This completes my test. Maybe I should check my abilities list before I go.

I opened it.

<Ability List>

 

ATK:

(Ram attack Lv. 2)

(Fistfight Lv. 2)

(Shoulder throw Lv.3)

(Phoenix Strike Lv.7)

 

DEF:

(Dodge jump Lv.5)

(Counter kick Lv.2)

(Fire eater)

(Block Lv.5)

 

MAG:

(Enhance body(medium) Lv.2)

(Fire affinity)

(Dark affinity)(blocked)

(Phoenix Fire Lv.5)

(Phoenix Inferno Lv.4)

(Finster strike Lv.4) (blocked)

(Psychic Lv.1)

(Hellfire Lv.2) (blocked)

 

AGI:

(Sprint Lv.4)

(Dark World Lv.1) (blocked)

(Flying Lv.5)

 

Non-attribute:

(Presence sense Lv.1)

(Appraisal Lv.5)

(Core-eater)

(Spirit Language)

(Operation)

(Body modifier)

(Blood volume)

 

Title Skills:

Hecate's Blessing - (+ 50% MAG)

Magical Mediator - (Multicast(weak))

 

Unique:

(Overdevelopment x0)

 

<==========>

...

I was a little disappointed because (dark affinity) was blocked, and so were all the skills associated with it.

Well... it was a short experience.

I changed my appearance back to the Origin form.

Let's go back.

I flew up towards Fanhai.

 

===

 

Fanhai's Twilight Citadel appeared on the horizon.

Fanhai… The vampire city-state on Tes was home of my teacher Ishina. The city was divided into three zones, the suburb, the town of light, and the city of night. The city of light and night lay one above the other right in the center of the town around the twilight citadel. In the city of light, only the citadel tower soared into the sky. A light shone from the tower of the citadel in the city of light, illuminating the district. In the night city below, there was a crystal in the citadel which absorbed light rays.

On one of my free evenings, I asked Ishina to accompany me through the city and to serve as a tour guide. Ishina’s residence was on the edge of the city of light. She explained that the light that was absorbed in the city of night was released in the city of light.

Ishina was another special case because my relationship got more than a simple relationship between student and teacher. During my training, she was the typical teacher, demanding and supportive at the same time. As soon as the training was over, this changed, then she was more like a mother or a big sister.

I flew over the city wall and felt a slight resistance from the city's barrier. The amulet lit up at the same moment and went out. The pendant had a glyph on the back, which allowed to flew past the magic wall.

The figure of a person emerged from the shadow of a building. She waved to me to come down. I lowered and landed in front of the person.

“Ishina is waiting for you at the citadel. She said something about a meeting. You may want to change clothes beforehand to avoid attracting attention.”

This person was Varien, Ishina's husband. Varien was a human and not a vampire. He was in his fifties, his hair was gray, and his eyes were too. When I saw him and Ishina together for the first time, I thought that Varien had such a fetish, but I was wrong because Ishina was not only older than him, they both married when he was of age. And in those two months of watching them, I believed that there was only one thing that both of them always regretted, and that was that they never had and will have children. Vampires couldn't have children with other races. Only a few exceptions were known.

I tapped my paw on the floor to signal that I understood. I disappeared into the house, into the room that was given to me. I changed to the (Deity Form) and started searching for the clothes.

Maybe I should change the name of the shape too. But... it doesn't matter for now.

I looked for the clothing set Ishina gave me when I arrived in Fanhai, saying, "This is traditional clothing in Fanhai." It was a white tunic with red flower patterns.

I turned to the mirror and looked at my image. The little girl had grown, unlike two months ago, I no longer looked like ten, but more like my twelve years. I grew significantly, as did my hair, which was previously shoulder-length, was now longer and hung down to the level of the shoulder blades. But not only that grew because the place I lacked the most grew as well.

With (Body manipulation), I let my wings and horn shrink to a minimum, and changed into the tunic.

"And let's go."

I stormed out of the house after putting on my shoes and passed Varien, who called out to me.

"Take care of yourself!?"

13