Prologue
8k 35 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear readers,

I need to explain a few things ahead.

First, my native language is not English, and I am sure you will find a lot of grammar fails. I hope you all will help me to correct them. ?

Second, the prologue is somehow different from the other chapters, in my opinion, but it could also be just my imagination, who knows.

I hope you enjoy to read this chapter.

===>Further note: I start re-editing the first chapters.

 

Where am I? Everything is pitch black!

I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn’t.

Why can't I open my eyes! My body generally feels so strange! What is going on here?

Wait! What's my name? Am I a human or not?

My... My memories are blurry. Everything is so vague...

Something like a piece of wet cloth stroked over my face. First over the right half and then over the left.

*lick* *lick*

Wait!? Is there something licking me!?

The licking sounds didn’t stop with me, but someone or something else next to me was licked as well.

It seems like something is next to me, but next to it are other beings.

After a while, the licking sounds stopped, and something warm approached my face.

What's this? It radiates a feeling of security.

Next to me came a scrum, where I was pushed away by the others. My body rolled sideways away, and I didn't know after a few turns where up and down was.

Something soft and fluffy pushed me, from the side, back to the others.

Was that just now a paw?

The others side by side were still jiggling. A little warm nudge against my nose. My instinct told me that it is something to suck on.

Milk!

Milk came into my mouth, and it tasted greasier than the milk out of my memories.

Milk is milk!

I pulled and drank as much as I could, and when my body told me it was enough, I stopped. My body felt suddenly heavy after being saturated with milk. I fell immediately into a deep sleep.

 

======

 

I wasn't sure how much time passed, and this process repeated. First, something cleaned us, then we were fed, and at last, I fell asleep after I ate.

I am now 100% sure that I am no longer human! The others besides me and my "mother" definitely have fur. I am sure that I am a mammal. My "mother" has paws and a coat, with that I could drop out primates and stuff like horses or cows. Luckily I'm not a naked mole-rat, fur I love you! If this World were something like a fantasy novel, I would need to think of the command Status! To che- WOAH!

In front of my mind's eye, a status window appeared.

 

<Status>

 

Name: n/A.

Race: Horned Rabbit (Newborn)

Sex: ♀️

Age 2 weeks

Rank: F-

 

HP: 3/3

MP: 2/2

 

Level: 1  /10

EP: 0  /10

 

ATK: 1

DEF: 1

MAG: 1

AGI: 1

INT: 3

 

<=====>

 

Seriously!? I'm a horned rabbit, and my rank is F- !!! How am I supposed to survive!? And I don't have any abilities either... * Sob *

When I was about to start to cry, a new text window appeared.

(Abilities will be available after completion of the (newborn) status under the command (ability list)!)

I needed a moment.

That means that abilities are generally only listed under the (ability list)!

Another text appeared.

(Ability list couldn’t be open! ERROR: (Newborn)status active.)

All right! What is the (newborn) status, and how will I get rid of it?

Another text.

(The (newborn) status has an individual duration for each race! It can’t be shortened or lengthened.)

How long is the duration of horned rabbits?

(The term for a horned rabbit is precisely four weeks.)

So two more weeks.

I was surprised by how easily I accepted it. Maybe it's because I had already spent two weeks like this and had no discomfort to continue it for another two weeks.

 

======

 

Now three weeks and six days have passed since my birth. I had not seen anything but these text messages and my status since then. But tomorrow everything should change!

In the past few days, I had my status explained by these text windows, because not all these shortcuts didn’t tell me something.

First I started with HP, and MP. HP meant as much as health points, should HP ever fall to 0, it's literally my end.

I have only 3 f*ck*** HP!

I complained. MP is magical energy or better known as mana. Some abilities cost a one-time MP amount, others have fixed MP costs, and other abilities don’t have MP costs.

The abbreviations ATK, DEF, MAG, AGI, and INT, were the next ones I let the system to explain to me.

ATK is the abbreviation attack power. Attack power is also factored into physical abilities, and the higher the ATK, the more damage a physical ability inflicts. For hybrid abilities, only part of the total ATK is used.

DEF stands for defensive power. Abilities to protect against physical and magical attacks become stronger through higher defensive power. For hybrid abilities, only part of the total DEF is used.

MAG is the magical power, the higher the power, the more damage magical attacks do, or the stronger the magical defensive abilities. Hybrid abilities receive only part of the MAG added.

AGI is agility. The higher the AGI value of a person, the faster is this person and possess a higher endurance. Abilities that use one more attribute besides AGI are not hybrid abilities!

INT stands for intelligence. The value of intelligence has nothing to do with the knowledge of the individual. The INT represents the knowledge of the body or muscle memory. The higher the INT value, the easier it is for the individual to learn new things. INT guarantees an EP bonus while learning new abilities. INT has no abilities, and therefore it doesn't have any hybrid abilities.

The last abbreviation explained is EP. EP stands for experience points, whether you train your abilities or kill other creatures, both bless you with EP and let you level up. Defeating beings gives a lot more and faster EP, but training your abilities is far safer.

 

======

 

It was finally time, and today I was officially four weeks old! Full of anticipation, I could only think of my status.

Status! Status! Status! Status! Status!

 

<Status>

 

Name: n/A.

Race: Horned Rabbit (youth)

Sex: ♀️

age: 4 weeks

Rank: F-

 

HP: 3/3

MP: 2/2

 

Level: 1  /10

EP: 0  /10

 

ATK: 1

DEF: 1

MAG: 1

AGI: 1

INT: 3

 

<=====>

 

Only the newborn is gone, and instead, there is a (youth)... Nevertheless, I am as weak as before... What does the (youth) stand for?

(The (youth) status symbolizes that the creature is not a newborn anymore, but neither an adult. For horned rabbits, the (youth) status is from the age of 4 weeks to the age of 3 to 4 months.)

That means another 2 to 3 months... 

This knowledge somewhat subdued the anticipation, but it did not change the fact that I could use abilities.

 

Ability List

 

<Ability list>

 

ATK:

(Tackle Lv.1)

 

DEF:

n/A.

 

MAG:

n/A.

 

AGI:

n/A.

 

Without Attribute:

(Snoop Lv.1)

 

Title Capabilities:

n / A.

 

Unique:

(Overdevelopment)

 

<==========>

 

OK! Two normal abilities and one unique ability... Sweet! Hahaha…

I was thrilled to have a unique ability that I chuckled in my mind.

What can my abilities do?

Three text window appeared.

((Tackle Lv.1): The name says everything.)

((Snoop Lv.1): Can accurately differentiate odors within 30m and locate the source.)

((Overdevelopment): ???)

What brings (Overdevelopment)?

I asked again.

((Overdevelopment): ???. Unknown ability. Unknown purpose. Unknown effect.)

How mysterious... It caught my interest.

It was about time that the most important thing about the day was that I finally opened my eyes.

As with normal rabbit eyes, it would be hard to see something three-dimensional, but with my previous knowledge, I have an easy time estimating the distances.

The first thing I could see was mine, still sleeping, siblings. We were a total of 4 siblings, and the other three I could find different fur patterns. My brother or sister, just to the left of me, had white fur with black dots. The one following had a reddish-brown coat with white spots, and the farthest sibling had yellow to golden hair.

I could only see a part of myself, but what I saw was black fur.

Our mother was not far from us, and her coat was golden. She noticed that I am awake and approached me.

Her nose nudged lightly against mine.

"Eeq"

A squeak came uncontrolled out of me. She ignored the squealing and nudged me with her paw toward the exit of the building.

Want to throw your daughter out of the house?

She nudges me gently with her nose again.

It's good! I go!

I jumped out of the burrow. An indescribable field full of different flowers stretched out in front of me.

Oh! What a mesmerizing field!

I was so fascinated by the field that I was startled when something touched me near my tail.

"Qeek"

I jumped forward and turned around. A big-horned rabbit, with black fur and brown spots on it, stood there.

It approached me. With its huge paw, it pushed me to it and began to lick my neck fur.

If the golden rabbit is my mother, then you must be my father. That would explain my black fur.

He was taller than Mother, but his horn was only half of the length than Mother's horn.

He stopped licking my neck fur and laid himself next to me on the grass. I looked at him first and then across the field. It was very idyllic and quiet, and you could hear the harmonious melodies of the birds softly.

My father and I took a nap together in the warm meadow, in the light of the morning sun. Time passed until my brothers and sisters gradually came out of the burrow.

"Eeq"

"Queek"

"Qeek"

My siblings came out of the building and romped in the meadow. When my father saw that, he turned to me and nudged me with his nose. From this, I interpreted as much as "Go and play with your siblings.".

I got up and ran to the others.

For four weeks, with my eyes closed, I was sitting in the burrow, and now that I am finally out and free to move... How should I put it... It feels as natural as if the memories where I was a human are just lies.

Even if the scraps of memories telling me the truth, I know nearly nothing of my old "me," and I'm not a human anymore. With that, I should use my new life and live it to the fullest.

 

That was the prologue.

When Chapter 1 and so forth to be published remains in the stars. But it is planned 1 chapter/week.

Impression of the chapter.
  • Interesting Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Can't wait Votes: 5 19.2%
  • It's okay Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Boring Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not my case Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 26 · This poll was closed on Sep 16, 2019 05:46 PM.
123