Chapter 1: Cracks in the sky.
7k 8 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With this chapter, we start with the first part of the first Arc

Spoiler

and our MC's first fight.

[collapse]

Chapter: 1/4 this week.

It's been almost half a year since I was born. The time, as a youth, flew by, and I am now a full-grown horned rabbit.

Through a nearby water source, I could see my reflection, and my coat was almost completely black. The only exceptions were my ears and a small part of my forehead, which were golden-reddish.

Together with my siblings, I played and trained almost every day. I got new abilities, and my status rose.

If an enemy had appeared, our parents had taken care of it so far. But once a small group of people appeared, they made an impression as if they were researchers. To my surprise, they left us alone.

It has been some time since my last status check, so I opened it to see the changes.

 

<Status>

 

Name:  n/A.

Race:    Horned rabbit

Sex:       ♀️

Age:       5 months

Rank:    F

 

HP:    9/9

MP:    6/6

 

Level:    3/10

EP:        5/10

 

ATK:    1 -> 3

DEF:    1 -> 3

MAG:   1 -> 3

AGI:     1 -> 5

INT:     3 -> 5

 

<=====>

 

In the four months, I have managed a proud 2 ½ level. At my last status check, I had just reached level 3, which means I got a new ability again, or an old ability leveled up. As a result of my train of thought, I opened the ability list.

 

<Ability list>

 

ATK:

(Tackle Lv.2)

(Paw strike Lv.1)

 

DEF:

(Dodge jump Lv.1)

 

MAG:

(Body enhancement(light) Lv.1)

 

AGI:

n/A.

 

Without Attribute:

(Snoop Lv.1)

 

Title Capabilities:

n/A.

 

Unique:

(Overdevelopment)

 

<==========>

 

(Paw strike) is not necessary to explain, but why is (Dodge jump) a DEF ability?

((Dodge jump) activate itself passively when the user jumps left, right, or back. As long the user is in the Air the DEF will be multiplied with x1.2.)

(Body enhancement(light)) was the only new ability. After a DEF ability, I now had a MAG ability, and only one AGI ability was missing.

(Body enhancement(light)) is a magical ability, how well their scaling is?

((Body enhancement(light)) increases ATK, DEF, and AGI attributes by 33% of total MAG, cost: 2 MP/s)

What the f*ck !? I only have 6 MP, which means I can strengthen my body for 3 seconds. Besides, I lose consciousness at 0 MP! If I convert my 3 points, it is also only +1 point in ATK, DEF, and AGI, so useless for the moment ...!

"Eeq"

My eldest brother was standing next to me and squealing at me. It took some time, but after a while, I could understand the facial expressions, the movements, and the squeak.

I realized that we were two brothers and two sisters. And in the order in which we lay in the burrow, descending from the oldest to the youngest. The oldest brother has yellow-golden fur, my older sister reddish-brown coat with white spots, and my next older brother white coat with black dots.

If I had to describe the character of my siblings, it would be as follows.

My first brother is a typical boy, and he always needs action. He can't relax and continually challenges me to a duel, which he only won in a ratio of 3:20.

My older sister loves to run not to beat and not to power up, but she loves to explore new things.

My second brother is the inertia in person. He plays only rarely and usually only briefly. Most of the time, he lies somewhere on the field and bathes in the sun.

My brother's squeak meant something like, "It's time." Once a day, he called me to a duel, and right now is the time.

"Qeek"

I squeaked back to symbolize that I was ready.

We faced each other and started. My brother had a nasty habit because every time he tried to hit me with a tackle first.

This time it was no different. He rushed straight forward, but I dodged with my (Dodge jump) ability and let him run into a clear direction.

As he stood with his back to me, I used my paw and thumped his tail.

"QUEEK"

He shrieked a loud squeak and turned to me. His eyes were more determined than ever.

"Eeq!"

He squealed something like, "Come here."

I responded to his provocation and jumped up to him. I planned to land in front of him to rush me with impetus and ram with my horn.

But before I landed, my brother reacted and jumped. He was leaping into the air and stepping on my hopping body with his hind paws. I couldn't dodge at this moment, and so one of his paws landed on my chest and the other one on my stomach.

It threw me back a few meters. I also landed on my back and was initially disoriented.

That must be a new ability? But that doesn't stop me!

I rolled onto my stomach to work out a new plan. I was still dizzy from the flight through the air.

"""Queek!"""

Several loud squeaks were heard at once. Somewhat disoriented, I looked around and saw how many horned rabbits ran across the field.

Cracks appeared in the sky, and they got bigger and bigger in a flash. The sky was shattering.

What was that? A barrier? Oh, that's not important now, more important, where is my family!?

I couldn't see anyone from my family.

Was I left behind?

I did not understand the whole situation until I saw several shadows appearing between a group of trees. I couldn't see exactly what kind of creatures there were.

Then I noticed that a larger group of horned rabbits gathered in front of the shadows, among them, I could recognize my father, as he stood out with his size and the black fur.

They want to protect us.

"Quek"

A squeaking, hysterical sound not so far from me echoed in my ear. I hopped through the grasses to find the source of the squeak.

A monstrous wolf with ash-colored fur and bright red eyes could I see through the grasses. In its mouth, it held a lifeless body of a horned rabbit.

Oh, God!

It was clear to me that the life of a prey animal was transient, especially when a predator had targeted it, but to be there and watch it was something completely different.

The sight stunned me, and my legs did not want to move a millimeter. My knees were shaking what causing my whole body to shake.

The wolf threw the horned rabbit in the air, and with one bite, the entire body of the horned rabbit disappeared in the mouth of the wolf.

Legs start moving! COME ON! COME ON!

No matter how much I begged and begged, my body didn't move.

It was already too late because the look of the wolf had already fallen onto me. When I returned his gaze, my body began to tremble even more violently.

It bared its teeth and walked slowly towards me. In the bright red eyes of the creature, I could see nothing but pure bloodlust.

When it stood in front of me, it slowly opened its mouth to snap shut.

Please, body move! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

My body did not move. I closed my eyes in fear and waited for my end.

...

...

*BAAM*1Here could be a good cliffhanger

Something clashed in each other. I immediately opened my eyes and could see my mother ramming her curved horn into the wolf's right shoulder.

"Kyrr!"

The wolf let out a whimper in pain.

"Queek!"

My mother squealed to me and said something like "run away!".

My previously trembling knees began to move. They were still weak, but I was able to walk again. The squealing of my mother bought life into my stiff body.

My body started running at full speed. I passed other horned rabbits and other wolves. Now that my body was running, he did not want to stop.

I passed the first trees of the forest as I left our field. I noticed that something was haunting me. In the corner of my eyes, could I see a shadow, it had a much smaller silhouette than the big wolves, but I couldn't see exactly what it was? The size was the same as my mother's size.

I changed my running direction to get an easier look at my pursuer. My pursuer was a wolf cub.

I have to think twice about daring to fight or trying to escape? ... but I'm sure that both choices will not be simple to fulfill...

I sprinted to a bigger tree and changed my direction, the moment the cub couldn't see me anymore and circled the tree.

I was standing to its side, and its entire side was unprotected in front of me. I used it's carelessness and ran in a full sprint into its side with (tackle).

I rammed my horn into its right thigh. The cub was thrown back a bit, and I could see blood spurting out at the spot my horn hit.

"Jaaauuu"

It howled in pain.

Now it would be good to know how much HP it has left.

(The ash wolf cub bore a medium wound.)

A window appeared in front of my inner eye, at the edge of my field of vision.

A moment! These text fields can tell me something else!? Is not it like "Appraisal"? Please, all the information about the ash wolf cub!

(Inquiry not available. The user doesn't possess the ability (Appraisal). The ash wolf cub still has about 75% of its total HP)

...that is weak! Shame on you, system.

(...request could not be processed.)

With slight hopes that the system could have an (Appraisal) mode, I was a little disappointed, but knowing the HP of the opponent, was a great help.

This attack already took him around 25% of its HP, so I'll try it once more!

I started running again, and as expected, the ash wolf cub followed me. It had slowed somewhat due to the injury, but it still could easily keep up with me.

I used the same tactic again. I ran behind a big tree, turned the direction at the right moment, to get into its blind spot. I ran this time counterclockwise around the tree and pushed my horn with (tackle) into his left shoulder.

And how much percentage reminds?

(Ash wolf cub - HP reminds around 45%)

That will work!

And once again, I wanted to use the same tactic. The cub was much more restricted this time, his left shoulder was bleeding, and he was limping.

I ran behind a nearby tree to disappear out of his sight, but this time he did not run after me. It waited for my next action because it realized what I was planning. He lunged forward with his right forepaw and hit me by the side, flinging me against the tree that I just circled.

(Own HP is by 33%)

S**t! I already lost 6 HP out of my 9 HP. Another hit and my life would find an early end.

The cub wanted to bite me, but I blocked it with a well-aimed (paw strike) on his left side. I had an exciting idea that I wanted to try at the same time.

Please, works!

I begged in my mind that everything worked out well and put it into action. I jumped in the air and kicked my back legs into the face of the ash wolf cub, throwing us away from each other.

The idea of my older brother was excellent. I hope he and the others are fine ... How much HP has the cub left, system?

(Ash wolf cub - about 40% HP reminds, the cub is confused.)

The cub was disoriented, and I took this chance. I sprinted and aimed, with my horn, at the neck of the wolf cub. It still wanted to avoid my attack, but my horn hit it on the neck. Bloodshot out of the wound.

HP?

(Ash Wolf Cub - around 5% HP remaining, wounds are critical! Own HP by 33%)

That means I won or not!?

(...question could not be processed.)

That was not a question! But a statement!

The cub tried to get back on its feet, but its legs gave way, and it fell to the ground again.

It howled and whimpered in pain. I could not take it anymore, I wanted to finish his agony fast, and thus I cut its throat with my claws.

(Ash wolf cub was killed, 10 EP and 5 bonus EP earned.)

Bonus EP?

(An effect of (Overdevelopment) has been found, giving between 0% - 50% bonus EP and an additional attribute point on the primary attribute of the defeated enemy.)

Another message appeared.

(Level 5/10 has been reached.)

 

When everything is going smoothly, Chapter 2 will be released in 3-4 hours.

When you find some wrong parts, please let me know.

46