Chapter 4: Orc Cave.
5k 10 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
In this Chapter will be our MC, only a side character.

Chapter 4/4

 

I closed my eyes, and soon after, I felt the headwind pull through my fur.

Crete, how can I use magic?

Magic? That’s simple to use your imagination. If your imagination is powerful, then you can create complex forms.

Just imagination!

It did not take that long until the cave.

--If we have to fight the orcs, be careful not to get hit. Whether these orcs are behind the attack or not, it can result in a fight, so be prepared for that.--

I'll do my best.

That would be my first fight against a superior opponent and my second fight ever. Should I be upset or worried now?

"We are here."

I opened my eyes, and we looked at a rock cave in the middle of the forest. She dropped me off, and we walked towards the entrance together.

--I feel no presence of horned rabbits!--

Crete had a grim expression in her eyes.

--We should ask one of these maggots, ah, of course I mean orcs nicely?.-- 

Crete's mood changed suddenly, which I couldn’t understand at all.

An orc approached us, but this time he didn’t attempt to seek the conversation. He ran toward us with his sword raised, swinging it wildly, grunting as he did so.

"Oink Oink Oink!"

Crete disappeared from my side, and in the next moment, she stood behind the orc, with her back towards me.

--Eris, I leave this B****** for you.--

Huh? How should I defeat a creature of rank D- !?

Without even answering, Cretes disappeared again, and I only saw a shadow going into the cave.

I looked at the orc, who stood there with an irritated look, rooted to the spot. Suddenly he began to grunt in pain.

"OINK OINK !!!!"

Both his arms fell on the ground. They were severed with a smooth cut on the shoulder.

An armless and wounded orc... that's why she left it to me.

A text appeared.

(Around 30% of the orcs HP remind, wounds critically.)

30%, I can do that!

The orc made it seem that he still didn’t understand what was going on.

Crete so weakened him that even I could kill him!

I sprinted to the orc and put (tackle), as well as (Body enhancement(light)). In a fraction of a second, my body accelerated. I rammed my horn into the chest of the orc, which was thrown back several meters.

(Orc defeated, 25 EP received and 10 EP bonus, multiple levels raised.)

I immediately opened my status.

 

<Status>

 

Name:    Eris

Title:    Cretes partner

race:    Horned rabbit

Sex:    ♀️

Age:    5 months

Rank:    F

 

HP:    27/27

MP:    16/18

 

Level:    9/10

EP:    0/10

 

ATK:    6 -> 11    (+4)

DEF:    5 -> 9    (+4)

MAG:    5 -> 9    (+4)

AGI:    9 -> 17    (+4)

INT:    7 -> 11    (+4)

 

<=====>

 

I don’t know how long Crete needs… I think I train using magic.

 

=== POV Crete ===

 

I let Eris so abruptly alone... I hope she's okay.

With the help of my ability (presence sense), I was able to identify every living being within a radius of 500m. What I found with the skill wasn’t high at all. In the cave hid a greater number of orcs with prisoners and captured monsters. In addition to simple forest dwellers, the prisoners were two people, an Alb, and a Dryad.

Dryads are regarded by many humans and orcs alike, as monsters and thus a source of rare material. I despise the mindset, that one.

Torches on the walls illuminated the cave, not that I had problems seeing in the dark.

A group of six orcs began to approach my position.

Perfect!

I hid in the shadow of one of the torches and waited.

Three of six wore leather armor, one plate, and the last two wore a robe.

Two wizards and four fighters, the one with plate armor, should be the leader.

I jumped out of the shadows and landed silently behind the wizards who formed the rearguard.

In my hands, I grew two leaves that were as sharp and robust as daggers.

Without further ado, I cut the throats of both. Everything went too fast for them so that they couldn’t even scream.

I raised their lifeless bodies and hid them in the shadow of a torch.

Without noticing what just happened behind their backs, the remaining orcs went on. Their leader was the vanguard, so I just did the same thing again, only this time with the other three.

I landed behind the three orcs and cut the throats with only one leaf in my right hand, with the left hand, I stopped the bodies from falling to the ground.

A moment later, her leader was walking alone.

I approached from behind and tapped him casually on the shoulder plate.

"Hey, Mister, where are your Ash Wolves?"

The orc turned around forwards me.

Instead of responding to my question, he reached for his sword, but with my ability (root grip), I let roots grow from the ground to tie him up.

"OINK OINK OINK !!!"

"I do not care who you are."

Tch! Arrogant pigs snout.

He didn’t want to answer, and I didn’t hesitate to cut his throat.

I turned away and continued to explore the cave.

The cave split in front of me in two directions. The right led to a larger number of orcs and the left to fewer orcs and the prisoners and creatures.

I decided to kill the remaining orcs first before saving the prisoners.

There were 15 orcs in a chamber at the end of the tunnel. Five orcs lay in beds of leather, five others sat around a campfire above a pot hung, and the last 5 carried boxes from one place to another.

First, I carefully cut through the throats of sleeping orcs. Above all, I was not discovered, which was particularly easy for me with this weak light. The next targets were the orcs sitting around the campfire.

I summoned five leaves and threw them, each sheet for another target.

The leaves hissed in flight and landed in one throat after the other. I felt that their hearts stopped, but their bodies were still sitting motionless around the campfire.

5 remaining.

I turned my eyes to the remaining 5.

This time I let a leaf grow, which corresponded to the length of a short sword. With fast movements, I approached her position.

Not hiding this time, the orcs responded by pulling their weapons, but I danced through their ranks, one limb after the other.

 

=== POV Eris

 

I had nothing to do after I had defeated the orc. Therefore I started to experiment with my (fire affinity).

A fireball...

I imagined a fireball the size of a football, but nothing happened.

I tried again, but again nothing.

Hmm... 

I imagined this time a single flame.

Oh!

A small flame appeared at the top of my horn.

The flame goes, then why not a fireball...

I changed my tactics and concentrated first to create a flame and then as it gradually replaces the form to a ball.

Yes!

The flame had taken on a round shape, but the ball was perhaps as big as a tennis ball.

A little puny...

I felt something approach me from the undergrowth. I turned around and looked into the direction from which I sensed the signal. 

 

=== POV Crete

 

Five guards guarding the humans, the Alb and the Dryad. Five more the 20 creatures they captured... 

Hmmm, oh, it doesn’t matter...

I was thinking about how to deal with the orcs. I had decided to end it immediately because Eris was waiting for me.

I used (Root Spear) 10 times and stabbed each of the ten orcs at the same time.

The roots went out of the ground and penetrated the lower jaw of my targets, and none of them had a chance to survive.

"Kyyyaaah!"

I heard a woman's scream. I approached the cell in which the two humans should be.

It was a boy and a girl, around the age of ten, both were dressed in rags, and they were dirty from bottom to top. They hugged each other and trembled in fear.

Next, my gaze wandered to the cell next to them. There was an Alb and the Dryad.

The dryad was still young, not 50 years old, and her looks would fit a 12 years old human girl.

The alb, on the other hand, was an adult, her dark skin already had some scars, and her bright yellow eyes betrayed that she had already seen a lot of cruel things. 

"You, Alb, how were you captured?"

"Ha? A dryad? No, you're something else... well, don’t matter. I don’t know why these human children are here, but this Dryad and I examined the tree population for pests and diseases around here."

"How long are you here now?"

"Hmm, what do you think?"

"T-three days, B-bi-big sister."

" She's your sister? Do dryads actually have siblings?"

"No, but we are a sisterhood, so every dryad is my little sister, aside from 7, these 7 are my older Sisters."

"Ha? Well, then."

"If you were captured three days ago, did you see the ash wolves?"

"You mean their pets? Yes, we saw them. Yesterday, they left in the early hours with them and didn’t return without them."

"T-t-t-they're from an O-o-o-organization."

The human girl raised her voice.

"What do you mean?"

"In the southwest of here, there is an orc city, a huge one. The city is vast and well protected, my sister and I were captured and taken there first before they exchanged us for the ash wolves." 

The boy answered my question.

"You two were traded for their animals?"

"Yes, we can not understand the orcs, but slave trading is prohibited in the elves country."

"Ha !? Good to know, then Kyoku and Kuro will be there. Thank you."

With two leaves, I cut the bars of both cells.

"I have to hurry up and save someone else's family. Alb, please escort the children to a nearby human settlement."

The Alb looked a bit grumpy but then nodded.

Well! Back to Eris.

 

=== POV Eris

 

--Are you done?--

HUA!? Crete?

--That's my name.--

Since when did you watching me?

--Since you fought with the Jabbano.--

So almost from the beginning!

--Then I watched your fight and found it interesting. That you could learn (Fireball) in such a short time, you are talented.--

Did you discover the whereabouts of my parents and the others?

--I have. The Ash Wolves were traded for two human children, and the settlement where the other orcs come from is southwest of here.--

I turned to the lizard-like creature. The breed of this lizard was called Jabbano, and they are of rank E. The scales of the Jabbano was green, and on it back grew leaves in a line, like a Stegosaurus.

Fatal for it was that I could use fire magic because it seemed like fire was its weak point. With my first (fireball), I had already set the Jabbano on fire, and my repeated (tackle) attacks always hit. At the end of several attacks, I finished it with another (fireball).

The motionless body was still burning when a window opened.

(Jabbano has been defeated, received 15 EP + 5 EP bonus, the maximum level reached, evolution available.)

What is evolution?

--How come?--

I reached level 10 out of 10, and my status tells me that I could evolve.

--Ah! The orc and the Jabbano were enough for you to reach level 10! Congratulations!--

My question has still not been answered…

--The evolution is relatively simple. In your evolution, you have several options to evolve, and you use in which subrace you want to evolve to. For example, your mother, Kyoku, is a "crooked-sword horned rabbit" and your father Kuro, an "alpha horned bull rabbit." Such similar evolutions are guaranteed to be offered as well.--

...ok, I'll see.

--The evolution is always done quickly if you want you can do it now before we leave.--

What if I can’t decide? And so waste unnecessary time.

--How about that, open the menu and look at the options, should there be an evolution you like, evolve, if not you can think until we arrive at the Orc City. Better?--

Yes, that sounds good!

 

Next week, get only two chapters released because I will work on a glossary about the different races, continents, and so on.

98