Chapter 11: (Unleashed Abyss)
3.5k 6 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next Chapter? Tomorrow!

 

=== POV Crete

 

"Fuck off!"

 

One of the two Kanaris showed an opening in its defends and I took advantage and kicked its chest. It flew a few meters through the air until it smashed on the ground.

 

A scream of a Kanaris reached me from the direction of Eris and the other horned rabbits.

 

There must be a fourth member in their pack, dammit!

 

I glanced at Kyoku, she had a hard time to fight against the Kanaris.

 

The last standing Kanaris started a desperate attack. It jumped with its leg first at me. I dodged its leg and grabbed the leg with both hands. I spun the Kanaris with a full 180 degrees from my right side to my left side.

 

After a few spins could I hear the bones of the Kanaris breaking. I spun the Kanaris a while longer until its neck broke.

 

I left the motionless Kanaris behind and turned to the other one. This Kanaris probably had some broken ribs because of my kick against its chest. It was still lying on the ground, gasping for air.

 

I had in each hand grow a leaf dagger and with a short swing, throw I the daggers through the air.

 

The gasping Kanaris was hit with my dagger just between its eyes. Its snapping sounds fell silent. Its body remained motionless and the eyes turned colorless.

 

I'm out of time! I have to help Eris and others.

 

The dagger of my other hand flew towards the Kanaris, who fought against Kyoku.

 

The leaf hit the throat of the Kanari, which immediately killed it.

 

Kyoku turned to me and her face said something like "Was that necessary?".

 

"Yes, it was necessary! Your daughter is in danger!"

 

"Qeek!?" (Where!?)

 

I turned away from the defeated Kanaris and ran into the direction where the scream came from.

 

After some small groups of trees, I could see a small group of horned rabbits. When they realized Kyoku and I were approaching them, they began to jump and squeak. 

 

The others fight there.

 

Go there!

 

Please, help them.

 

Each of them said something else, but they were all worried about the same thing.

 

"Leave it to me!"

 

I waved my hand and ran into the direction they had shown to me.  

 

The unconscious horned rabbits laid in circles around Eris and her opponent. It looked like Eris and the Kanaris were in the eye of a storm. Her body trembled and her ears clapped wildly up and down.

 

I was still too far away when the Kanaris launched its attack towards Eris.

 

Shit! I'm too slow.

 

I activated my ability (Enhance Body(strong)) and began to run as fast as I could.

 

Eris was almost in my reach, but the Kanaris reached Eris first and carried out the attack towards her. I had stretched out my right hand to grab Eris and to pull her away. 

 

"Eris!"

 

I screamed, but it was too late.

 

Suddenly an explosion occurred and I used my left hand to protect my face from the blast. When I lowered my hand, my gaze fell on a black sphere at the spot where Eris and the Kanaris used to be.

 

What's this?

 

I raised my right arm only to realize that my hand and a part of my forearm had disappeared.

 

Such a thing ... so powerful ...

 

I let my hand grow back and returned my interest towards the sphere. I touched the sphere carefully with the newly regrow fingertips. The spheres shell was harmless and her consistency was rubber-like, I could push the shell, but when I took the pressure off it, it jumped back to its original shape.

 

I pressed my hand harder against the shell, but that didn't change anything. I summoned a leaf and tried to stab into the sphere.

 

Physical damage will be nullified! What about magic?

 

I summon an electric spark on the tip of my index and middle finger. I let the spark jump onto the sphere, but the sphere devoured the spark and left no residue behind.

 

Magic nullifying and physical nullifying! Damn it!

 

The sphere began to deform and move until it suddenly dissolves from top to bottom into small particles, which subsequently dissolved into thin air.

 

Eris stood in the center, where the sphere was before.

 

"Eris!?"

 

I approached Eris slowly as she suddenly turned her gaze towards me.

 

"Queek!" (Child)

 

Kyoku ran past me to her daughter.

 

--Cret ... e? Mo ... ther? -

 

I could hear her exhausted voice in my head, but she collapsed and lost her consciousness.

=== POV Eris

My body just didn't want to move, no matter what I tried.

 

It felt as if everything were moving in slow motion as the Kanaris ran up to me. Step by step, it came closer and my body didn't want to move an inch.

 

My thoughts were all focused on the Kanaris. It was like I was trapped in a tunnel. A cold feeling was growing in my chest with every single step the Kanaris took towards me.

 

A single text window opened.

 

(Warning!)

 

Thanks for the message, but I already knew that!

 

After the first one opened, a second one followed, then a third. There were more and more windows popping up and my actual fear of the attack became less and less, I became even more and more angry with the text windows, which almost ridiculed my death.

 

Suddenly the windows stopped to pop up and all open messages closed at the same time and a single-window with red letters remained.

 

((Unleashed Abyss) has been activated.)

 

Please, what?

 

Everything turned black around me before I realized it.

 

What is (Unleashed Abyss)?

 

A text window appeared.

 

((Unleashed Abyss) burns all the MP of the user, unlike traditional magic, it does not scale with MAG but burns with the amount of MP, that was burned. The larger the MP pool is, the wider the radius of (Unleashed Abyss). The ability is part of the darkness affinity.)

 

The ability dissipated after a few seconds and the first thing I heard was Crete's and mother's voices.

 

"Eris!"

 

"Queek!" (Child!)

 

I turned my gaze in their direction.

 

Cret ... e? Mo ... ther?

 

Even before, I could think another thought, my strength left me and I lost consciousness.

 

===

 

--Wake up Sleepyhead!--

 

Nngggghh?

 

I opened my eyes, only to find myself in Cretes embrace.

 

What's up?

 

Crete made a confused expression.

 

--Did you forget what happened?--

 

What are you talking about?

 

--Na, this black sphere. The sphere you created!?--

 

Sphere?

 

--What is the last thing you can remember?--

 

I fought against the Kanaris and I was in a life-threatening situation when suddenly an ability called (Unleashed Abyss) activated itself. Everything went black and a few seconds after activation was everything over again. This ability burned my whole mana, and that was the cause that let me faint.

 

--(Unleashed Abyss)? This name doesn't tell me anything. Must be a newborn ability.--

 

Newborn ability? What should that be?

 

--Magic is alive and changes itself and so emerge new abilities sometimes. Abilities that are no longer used, for example, because their race has become extinct, simply disappear from the Abilities Encyclopedia and leave room for new abilities.--

 

I hope you know that I have no idea what the Abilities Encyclopedia is. I can imagine what it is, but that's all.

 

--The Guild HQ has an artifact created by Uranus and Gaia themselves that carries every ability. Every "lost" ability fades and after a while, a "newborn" ability set itself on the vacant spaces. It consists of 6 books each with different application areas. The encyclopedia is therefore monitored around the clock from 20 to 30 people. But! There is exactly one kind of abilities, that isn't listed in one of these books. These are unique abilities.--

 

So (Overdevelopment)?

 

Crete just nodded.

 

Should we continue searching?

 

--And what?--

 

Well, the Sanctum?

 

--Then take a look at this tree.--

 

She pointed with her Hand towards a single tree.

 

This ... this tree!

 

--Oh! Thanks for this reaction! So it’s the right one!?--

 

YES! That's the tree! How?

 

--You were fainted for several hours and through your information, was it possible for Kyoku to find this strange tree.--

 

Strange?

 

--He doesn’t talk to me. Every other tree talks to me, but he doesn’t.--

 

Ah, right! You can talk to plants!

 

--Still sleepy, right. Shall we?--

 

I'm right behind you, but what about the others? I think they should go back because it could get too dangerous and I don't want them to take unnecessary risks.

 

--A good idea. I will be waiting for you because they won't listen to me anyway.--

 

Crete set me down and went to the tree first.

 

A debate with the other horned rabbits started, they didn't want to leave me, especially my mother, but I came up with a few arguments to convince the others.

 

Crete was my first argument and most important argument, which worked surprisingly well, even my mother couldn't say anything, so I convinced her to go back home and wait for me.

 

I instructed my mother to lead the others back home.

 

I went to Crete, who was waiting alone in front of the tree.

 

"Ready?"

 

Yes!

69