Chapter 12: Glück and Unglück
3.4k 7 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The second day, the second chapter. Next? Tomorrow!

Some parts were hard for me to write if you find anything wrong just tell me.

 

In the last chapter did I choose the GoT-tactic, instead of a hard and long search, did I just let the MC faint and let her wake up when everything is already over.

 

How do we get down to the Sanctum? The tunnel was tight, even for me.

 

--I guess the tree is a door and you crawled through the keyhole. What I want to say is that we just have to push the door open, to go in.--

 

And how?

 

--Watch me.--

 

Crete touched the tree and let her Mana flow into it.

 

The ground began to quake and the tree tipped slowly backward and tore the earth under her up.

 

A broad path revealed itself to us.

 

--Ta da!--

 

Yes, you are great. You're unbelievable.

 

I sarcastically comment on herself showing.

 

Crete ignored my comment and went ahead, while I hopped right behind her.

 

It was not long before we reached the entrance of the chamber with the angelic statue.

 

Nothing had changed in the Room. On the ceiling of the room was the light source shines down, from the pitcher in the hand of the statue was water dripping into the pool to the ground, the flowers blooming in gold and silver. The only change was that the rock on which the narrow passage ended had disappeared and instead there was a tunnel through which Crete and I entered the chamber.

 

Crete looked around a bit and stopped in front of the pool and the stone statue.

 

--What is this statue doing here?--

 

Why?

 

--This isn't Tyche.--

 

And?

 

--I don't know what that means.--

 

Is this the wrong sanctum?

 

--I don't think so. I think it is the ri--.--

 

A bright beam of light fell from the ceiling onto the statue and interrupted our conversation.

 

The ray of light went out and a figure of light appeared on the shoulder of the statue.

 

"What do you want from goddess Tyche?"

 

Who?

 

"A Hesperide and, eh, Jackalope?"

 

"I'm Crete and this is Eris. Artemis sent me."

 

"Call me Glück. Artemis sent you to us? What does her aunt want from goddess Tyche, after all these centuries?"

 

Glück flew off the shoulder of the statue and landed, perhaps half a meter away from me.

 

Glück ceases to shine, she was around 30cm tall and statue was an image of her. The only things Glück didn't possess were the spear and the pitcher.

 

"Hmmm. Your color combination would certainly be to Unglücks liking."

 

Glück looked at me and made a comment towards my fur color.

 

Was that a compliment?

 

--I’m not sure.--

 

"Is it possible to see Tyche?"

 

"I'm sorry, but she receives no visitors anymore, the path to her throne room is sealed, with two seals, only Unglück and I are an exception."

 

"And if we have to? "

 

"There is a possibility, even before she... before she forbid visitors to enter, did she placed a loophole onto the seals."

 

"And that loophole? How do we use it?"

 

"Two riddles have to be solved. Riddles, that can only be solved by the person out of goddess Tyche's vision. Even Unglück and I don't know the answers. Our goddess has arranged it so that the thought "The answer is XXX" is already enough to remove the seals."

 

"And what is the first riddle?"

 

"Please, not so fast! I want to advise you not to use it! Our goddess said that many will come and try, but anyone who hears the second puzzle in the other chamber will automatically be imprisoned and can't come back to the first chamber and to the surface."

 

"I will try anyway! Eris, what about you?"

 

I'm in!

 

"She's also ready."

 

"Eh, yes, ok... I warned you!"

 

Glück flew back to the statue and sat on its shoulder.

 

"The puzzle is as follows. Our world is called Tareh or Herat, but what was the name of the world who was once connected with our world? "

 

"..."

 

--I had read about it in old books before, but a name was never mentioned ... It's just a pale mem--.--

 

... not true!

 

--Eris?--

 

Are you serious!?

 

--ERIS!? -

 

I lied.

 

--Please, what!? Explain it slowly?--

 

Well, actually I didn't lie, I just kept it a secret.

 

--And why now?--

 

Earth.

 

--What is Earth?--

 

The name. The world's name and also the answer is Earth.

 

The pool began to rumble. The statue turned the pitcher upright, and the bottom of the pool shifted away. Under the pool ground was a shaft that leads vertically down into the depths. On the wall were joints, which formed a ladder and allowed us to descent.

 

--The answer? -

 

...Yes...

 

--How?--

 

I don't want to.

 

--Please?--

 

I don't want to talk about it. Please, leave me this secret, even if only for the time being.

 

--...Ok.--

 

Crete was visibly disappointed, but this secret was something I didn’t want to relive, to no one.

 

"W-Wow! I don't know who gave the answer, but sooo fast. Maybe, one of you is actually the person from our goddess's vision."

 

"Haha, ye maybe."

 

Crete answered nervously, with a glance towards me.

 

"Well then! Unglück will be waiting in the next chamber for you. If you can answer her riddle, will we able to meet in front of our goddess throne room again."

 

Crete picked me up and put me on her head. She started to climb into the shaft and climbed down.

 

I opened my status.

 

<Status>

 

Name:    Eris

Title: Crete's partner, Rabbitprincess

Race:    Horned Rabbit (Jackalope)

Sex:    ♀️

Age:    5 months

Rank:    F

 

HP:    46/46

MP:    28/28

 

Level:    4/15

EP:    25/30

 

ATK :    30    (+4)

DEF:    16    (+4)

MAG:    16    (+4)

AGI:    42    (+4)

INT:    21    (+4)

 

<=====>

 

I only received 15 EP? What about the EP for “defeating” the Kanaris?

 

I opened my Ability List.

 

<Ability List>

 

ATK:

(Tackle Lv.3)

(Horn Throw Lv.2)

(Fireshock Lv.1)

 

DEF:

(Dodge jump Lv.3)

(Counter kick Lv.1)

(Fire Resistance Lv.2)

 

MAG:

(Enhance Body (light) Lv.2)

(Fire Affinity)

(Dark Affinity)

(Fireball (Small) Lv.1)

(Finster strike Lv.1)

 

AGI:

(Charge Lv.1)

(Dark Voyage Lv.1)

 

Without Attribute:

(Snoop Lv.2)

(Appraisal Lv.3)

(Unleashed Abyss)(NEW)

 

Title Abilities:

(Partnership - Telepathy)

(Leader    - Reign)

 

Unique:

(Overdevelopment x1)

 

<==========>

 

Huh? (Horn throw) is now Lv. 2 and (Unleashed Abyss) was added… It's more like I never defeated the Kanaris…

 

--Hey…--

 

Crete's voice echoed in my head.

 

Yes?

 

--If you really don’t want to say anything, I will not ask you in the future. No matter what it is, it doesn’t change who you are.--

 

Thank you... 

 

What she said made me feel guilty and it brought me to a point where I was about to give in, but a thought crossed my mind, "What if, that's exactly what her goal was with saying this sentence." I had the knowledge of another world, even if it's just some fragments.

 

I suppressed this thought and focused on what lay ahead.

 

The shaft ended and we reached the second chamber. Crete turned away from the wall and took a look into the chamber, at the same time did she took me from her head and put me onto the ground.

 

There was only a faint reddish light in the room. A statue was placed in the center of the chamber. The statue was the one out of my nightmare. She had 6 bat-like wings and was holding a sword in her right hand and a dagger in her left hand.

 

We approached the statue.

 

A shadow descended and sat on the shoulder of the statue.

 

"Tch! New "dead ones". I am Unglück and if you wish for death, just ask for the second riddle. "

 

"I am Crete, this is Eris. Can we wait with the second riddle? I'm tired and would like to take a rest."

 

"As you wish."

 

--I hope that was ok? It should be pretty late outside, and I would like to rest for a bit.--

 

Now that you say it... My body feels really heavy.

 

We moved away from the statue and Unglück. Crete sat down in a corner and lean onto the wall. She took me and placed me onto her lap.

 

Sleep well.

 

--Yes... you as well.--

 

Her voice sounded exhausted and before I knew it, she was already asleep. Shortly afterward did I fall asleep, as well.

 

Just a Sidenote:

Glück (german) = fortune or luck

Unglück(german) = misfortune or unluck

62