Chapter 13: Second riddle.
3.2k 4 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The third day, third chapter.

 

------ POV Glück ------

 

"Do you think one of them is it, Glück?"

 

"Maybe, but maybe not, Unglück."

 

"But that rabbit... Eris, didn’t she seem familiar to you?"

 

"Hmmm...?"

 

I struck Unglück lightly on her shoulder.

 

"No matter what happens, I'm with you."

 

"...Yes, thank you. I don't want to go back... (sob) but goddess Tyche... (sob) she... "

 

"I know. I want to save her, too."

 

I leaned her head against my chest and gently stroked her head.

 

"Our last visitor was almost 80 years ago. I often think back to the time when our mistress traveled with us through the world. I miss her..."

 

 "Me too."

 

"I hope one of these two is the person out of the vision of our goddess. Then would her eternal suffering end and we would be set free."

 

"But... No, you are right. I'll go back to the chamber."

 

Unglück disappeared and I stayed alone behind.

 

She doesn't want to be free... She doesn't want to go back to the spirit world, I can understand her too well...

------ POV Eris ------

"Awake?"

 

Unglück fluttered a bit away from me in the air.

 

Now I wish I could talk to her... When I think about it, why would I even understand Glück and Unglück?

 

--You worry too much.--

 

Crete opened her eyes.

 

"Mm?"

 

!!?

 

"Eris had just wondered why she could understand you and Unglück."

 

"Ah! Eris, that's easy, I'm an Agathodaemon summoned by Tyche, our race is better known under the name high spirits. Every single spirit speaks the spirit language and the most unique thing about our language is the fact that everyone can understand us if we want it. For others, it is as if we spirits speak the language that they understand the best."

 

What a useful language.

 

"It's for my similar."

 

Crete put her hand on my back.

 

How?

 

She stroked my back and laughed.

 

"SECRET!"

 

...

 

"And? Do you want to continue with the second riddle? "

 

"I'm ready, what about you, Eris?"

 

Me too.

 

"We're ready."

 

Unglück flew to her statue and sat on the shoulder. Crete held me in her arms and followed Unglück.

 

"The second riddle is, "Earlier, Earth and Tareh were connected, but not anymore. What prevents creatures like minotaurs, cyclops, scyllas or dragons to live on Earth and why can humans live there?"

 

"How could we know something like this?"

 

A sound came from the shaft on the ceiling.

 

Looks like our way out has just closed.

 

--If I had been to Earth before…--

 

Crete ignored my comment and was focused to find an answer.

 

Maybe, it wouldn't be a good idea, it could be that you can't live on Earth for the same reason.

 

--What now? An idea?--

 

I have heard of Minotaurs, Cyclops and Dragons, but what are Scylla?

 

--Scylla? Scylla's are a hybrid race, their upper body looks like a human, but their pelvis downward have they only tentacles.--

 

Tentacles like an octopus?

 

--Yes, like them!--

 

Scylla's live underwater?

 

--They do. To be precise, they live together with the Mermans, the water lamias, and sea nymphs further west of this continent in their city Atlantis.--

 

We have Scylla living in the sea, dragons in the air and on Mountains, Minotaurs and Cyclopes on land. What about the food? What are they eating?

 

--Hm? Cyclopes and Minotaurs eating everything, Scylla eat mostly fish, but nutritious aquatic plants are also on their menu, dragons love to eat meat from magical creatures, but some of them eat magical minerals.--

 

So also uninteresting.

 

--Why?--

 

What do you think, what human on earth would eat?

 

--...The same as in this world?...--

 

Exactly, so let us think of other possibilities. From what do all these creatures live? Food, drinks, air, and sleep? Does anything miss?

 

--Yes.--

 

Yes?

 

--You forgot magic.--

 

Magic!? How do you mean?

 

--Each of them has a magic core and their core must be constantly surrounded by magic. That's why you always lose your consciousness with 0 MP.--

 

!!!

 

--What's happening? Did something happen? I'm just can't understand you!? -

 

That's it!

 

--What?--

 

Well, you've just said the answer, the answer is magic!

 

--Magic?--

 

You just said it yourself, you can't live without magic because of the core, but humans have no magic core. On Earth, humans are the only dominant race, because powerful creatures like dragons can't live there.

 

"That means magic is the answer?"

 

Crete spoke her thoughts out loud.

 

The walls began to move and behind the statue, the wall deformed and a huge stone gate emerged.

 

"You made it!"

 

Unglück flew behind us and followed us to the gate. The gate opened on its own and a faint light flew up to us, it was Glück.

 

"Welcome to our home, it's been more than 500 years since a visitor crossed these doors."

 

In front of us was a long corridor with many doors on each side. We moved forward, as we passed an unusual door with a sign. The sign said "Glück's room". The door was only 1m high and made it possible for me to open this door.

 

Crete and the others hadn't noticed that I stopped and I was about to open the door. When I was about to open the door, Glück flew in front of me with outstretched hands and feet to prevent me from opening the door.

 

"I haven't had a visitor for years! The room is... a bit messy, so please don't open the door!"

 

"What's up? Did you leave everything lying around again?"

 

Unglück joined in.

 

"Not like always! For once!"

 

"So, as always..."

 

"Not true!"

 

"Ye whatever, but tidying up every 10 years is not normal."

 

"Ahem! Can we go further?"

 

Crete made a false cough and drawing all the attention to her.

 

We continued until a large door at the end of the corridor. Glück and Unglück opened the double doors and we went into the throne room.

 

Immediately the throne caught my eye or rather what was sitting in it.

 

Announcement

After the release of chapter 15, the main story will take a break until the 1st to the 3rd of November.

65