Chapter 14: Against Tyche (Part 1)
3.2k 8 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The throne room itself was nothing special, except for the red carpet that ran from the entrance to the throne, and the throne itself, there were no other objects. The walls and the ceiling, however, were mirrored.

 

Something was sitting on the throne behind a barrier. I tried to find out more about the appearance, but apart from a human silhouette, couldn't I see any details.

 

"This barrier, did Tyche create it?"

 

"Jup, together with us, before the disease completely corrupted her mind."

 

"Do we have a way to remove the barrier?"

 

"There is. Glück and I can remove the barrier, but I advise against it."

 

"Artemis had sent me here, to renew the seal of her barrier."

 

" "Renew?" "

 

Glück and Unglück shook their heads in confusion. When Unglück said something unexpected to Crete.

 

"This barrier can't be broken by our goddess Tyche. She has synchronized this barrier to her Mana, to transform her own Mana into energy for the barrier. This barrier only loses its effect when the goddess Tyche is no longer."

 

"...that means everything was in vain? Why should Artemis send me here?"

 

"Well, according to goddess Tyche's vision, only her savior will reach the throne room and free her."

 

"And how? How could Eris or I be able to defeat a god?"

 

"Unfortunately I don't know, I'm sorry."

 

I listened to their conversation quietly and tried to use (Appraisal) on Tyche, but the barrier blocked me.

 

Defeat a goddess? We need a miracle weapon.

 

--A miracle weapon? Yes, maybe.--

 

Crete took out a few stones with strange symbols.

 

"Maybe…? Can you read these symbols? "

 

Crete held out her hands and showed Glück and Unglück the stones.

 

"This here... and this here..."

 

"Unglück here too ... and there ..."

 

Both were engrossed in the symbols and showed each other what they found.

 

"And?"

 

Crete asked these two, who went silent after a while.

 

"So... these are glyphs to seal something, but not someone living, but the power of a person. Then there are these glyphs, they allow the activation to begin automatically after completing this magic circle. Last but not least, these glyphs deactivate all magic in its circle."

 

"What Unglück wants to say is that you can liberate and instantly weaken our goddess with these 3 different glyphs. Maybe Artemis wanted you to save our goddess."

 

...

 

"I ..."

 

Crete couldn't bring out a word.

 

Crete, if Artemis wanted it and even Tyche saw it hundreds of years ago, don't you think we should try?

 

--What about the risks? It could be that we never return.--

 

I gladly accept it. The two have been watching over Tyche for so long, and I can't ignore their situation or do you think they don't deserve a break or Tyche the right to be freed?

 

--You... you're right.--

 

"We will do it!"

 

Unglück's facial features derailed and tears ran down her face.

 

"T... thank you."

 

A weak thank you could be heard.

 

"Can you make the magic circles with the glyphs?"

 

Crete gave the glyphs to Glück, who just comforted Unglück a second ago.

 

"No problem, just wait a moment."

 

I watched, how Glück calmed Unglück. It gave me the impression that she was in a routine.

 

That surprises me...

 

--Huh? What do you mean?--

 

Well, my first impression of Unglück was a calm and wisely acting character, and luck as a reckless and awkward character. But when I look at them now, they complement each other. Unglück's character is smart but emotional. Glück's character is reckless but reliable.

 

--HA? You're right these twin sisters suit each other.--

===

"Sooo, we're done."

 

"Be careful, we can't help you, because our powers have been getting weaker over the years."

 

Thanks.

 

"Alright, and thank you... from both of us."

 

"Here's the last glyph."

 

Glück handed Crete the last glyph.

 

"Where does this go?"

 

"Here!"

 

Unglück flew centrally in front of the throne and pointed in front of her on the ground.

 

Unglück and Glück both retreats to a corner of the throne room and sat down on the floor.

 

"Ready?"

 

Crete looked at me.

 

Yes.

 

The magic circle consisted of 3 circles, an interior, a middle and an exterior. The missing glyph was from the inner circle.

 

Crete put the glyph on the position and retreated next to me.

 

At first, the inner circle began to glow in a faint red, followed by the center circle glowing in a faint yellow.

 

Tyche's barrier began to break and burst as if it were made of glass.

 

*BAAM*

 

With a loud bang, the entire barrier broke and the pieces dissolved into thin air.

 

Tyche's form became visible and what I saw was... Her skin was pale green, on her back grows bat and angel wings wildly around and it didn't look like they were going to serve their purpose. Her left eye was red and larger than the right eye, which was normal size and green. She had only a few hairs on her head, and her head was full of scratch marks as if she had torn her hair out herself. Her left arm was covered with feathers and the hand was resembling a bird's feet. Her right arm looked normal, but her hand was swollen and had huge thorns grown. Her left leg was completely normal. The right leg was covered with scales, like a reptile.

 

The outer circle began to glow white and a thin network fell over Tyche.

 

"Gwwaaaahhhh!"

 

Tyche let out a scream like a monster.

 

I used (Appraisal) on her.

 

<Appraisal>

 

Name:    Tyche

Title:    ????

Race:    ????

Sex:    ♀️

Age:    ????? Years

Rank:  ?

 

HP:    ?????? / ??????

MP:    ?????? / ??????

 

<=====>

 

... Ok, that was to be expected. Crete, can you see some of Tyche's stats?

 

--No, only question marks. Either her (appraisal) is higher than mine or she has the ability (block).--

 

What are we doing?

 

--These net lower her stats, so I use my strongest attack and hope that it is enough.--

 

...Good luck!

 

--Thanks. Eris please go back a little.--

 

I hopped back a few feet and turned back to Crete.

 

Her hands began to shine.

 

I still heard Crete's voice softly whispering before her magic activated.

 

Huge roots shot out of the ground. The roots crept around Tyche and squeezing her. The roots grew to the full size of the room and formed a huge tree, which started to bloom. It became a Sakura tree in full bloom.

 

"Wow! Amazing!"

 

"How beautiful!"

 

I heard how Glück and Unglück admired Crete's magic.

 

The tree explodes and started to burn. Glück and Unglück were shocked but didn't comment any further.

 

Crete, was the tree starting to burn on purpose?

 

--Yes, it was. This ability is called (Deep Forest Emergence), it creates a tree that imprisoned the target and then burns the target with itself.--

 

The burning tree was enveloped in the smoke and it didn't stop at it, it went so far that the entire room was covered in smoke.

 

Glück and Unglück opened the double doors of the throne room.

 

Suddenly the smoke drew back together instead of flowing out through the door. The suction was so strong that I couldn't move and the doors of the throne room slammed with a loud bang.

 

When the suction stopped, did I looked up and saw how Crete had to fight against the suction as well, but my gaze didn't stop at her but continued to move towards the creature at the opposite side of the room.

 

Tyche stood there as if nothing happened and had many black balls floating next to her.

 

"HAHAHAHAHA"

 

A horrible laugh resounds in the room, which made my whole body freeze.

61