Chapter 15: Against Tyche (Part 2)
3.5k 6 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surprisingly two chapters, today.

 

"HAHAHA HIHIHIHIHI"

 

Tyche's laughter echoed through the hall once more.

 

A plan?

 

I turned to Crete, but she didn’t answer. I ran to her and looked into her face.

 

Her eyes were empty ...

 

There were no emotions in her eyes and her lips were pale.

 

Crete !?

 

I didn’t get an answer.

 

Crete !?

 

Again, none came.

 

I poked the tip of my antlers into her left leg.

 

"Ow!"

 

She looked down at me and saw my still trembling body.

 

Despairing doesn’t help us.

 

--I know... but that was my strongest magic. I've used many magical abilities with (multicast) to create this combination ability... my MP gone down to 60%...--

 

Tyche made her first move. She threw the floating bullets in our direction.

 

--(Plantshield)-

 

Crete reached out her arm and her hand turned into a huge shield.

 

The bullet shattered on the shield and became a cloud of dust that passed over Crete's shield and took our Sight away.

 

--Shit!--

 

We are blind!

 

I could see a large shadow approaching us, inside the cloud of dust. The shadow grew larger and larger until it slammed at the shield and shattered it. Crete was thrown back and disappeared into the cloud of dust, and I lost sight of her.

 

"H...e...l...p."

 

A feeble help pleading was heard. I tried to determine from which direction the voice came, to carefully approach the source, but due to the poor visibility, I couldn't see the distance. A flash of light flashed.

 

I ran in that direction and found that the light was surprisingly from the opposite corner of the room.

 

I came out of the cloud of dust. In front of me, Tyche stood next to her throne, holding Crete by the throat with her swollen hand.

 

Cretes and my eyes met. I could see the fear in her eyes.

 

--We could just have gone...--

 

--We should have visited Scylla...--

 

--Maybe, we would tame a wyvern and ride on it…--

 

P... Please.

 

Tears ran over Crete's cheeks.

 

--There are so many things I still wanted to do and haven't done with my over 700 years.--

 

…Please.

 

--And you, you could have been the queen of your almost extinct race.--

 

Please, it's not over yet!

 

Tyche put her "bird hand" on Crete's chest.

 

Please, use an ability to dazzle Tyche. PLEASE!

 

--... ok.--

 

Crete raised her right hand and a short flash of lightning flashed up and disappeared.

 

"GYAH!"

 

Tyche startled and stumbled back, unintentionally letting Crete go.

 

This shit works!

 

--What?--

 

Crete visibly irritated was puzzled by my thoughts.

 

Sorry, next time I'll tell you everything.

 

--How do you mean--.--

 

I disconnected my through from Crete and ran towards Tyche.

 

"What are you doing! ERIS! "

 

I heard Crete screaming furiously and anxiously, but I ignored her because there was only this one chance.

 

I jumped up to crash into Tyche, but something hit me from the side and my movement stopped.

 

"HIHIHI HAHAHA"

 

Tyche had pierced across my stomach with her "bird hand" and started to laugh at her victory with her ghastly laugh.

 

My body felt numb and I couldn't feel my lower body any longer.

 

You laugh too soon, Tyche…

 

Many text windows have been popping up since the beginning of my attack, but I ignored them all and waited for the one important one.

 

((Unleashed Abyss) has been activated.)

 

------ POV Crete ------

 

"What are you doing! ERIS!"

 

I shouted after Eris, but she ignored me and charged at Tyche.

 

How does she want to defeat her!?

 

I just watched and couldn't do anything when Tyche stabbed Eris with her hand of a griffin and laughed mischievously.

 

...No, why… why are you doing this…

 

I looked at Eris's motionless body as it hung on Tyche's forearm when thought from Eris reached me.

 

--You laugh too soon, Tyche…--

 

How? How was it possible for Eris, a Jackalope, a Rank F creature, to remain so calm against a ranked SS or ranked X monster?

 

Wah?

 

The black sphere appeared and devoured Eris along with Tyche.

 

Alike with this Kanaris...

 

A Wind blows through the room and blows the cloud of dust through the door. Glück and Unglück were the cause of the sudden wind.

 

Glück came flying to me and raise her word.

 

"I thank you, you have freed our goddess."

 

"How do you know that?"

 

"Our contract is fulfilled and the spirit world is calling for us."

 

"That means she did it?"

 

"Yes, she did."

 

Unglück came too and answered this question.

 

"But we must go now... through our goddess Tyche's demise, did we lost our anchor in this world."

 

"Unfortunately, we have no time to thank you both."

 

"That's why thank Eris from us, please."

 

Glück and Unglück became transparent in front of my eyes and slowly dissolved.

 

I stayed behind alone in the hall.

 

I sat down on the floor a short distance away from the sphere and keep watch.

 

===

 

Hours passed, but the sphere didn’t change.

 

===

 

One week passed, but nothing changed.

 

===

 

I heard strange noises coming from the throne room, I hurried back to the Sphere.

 

The sphere began to crack and break as the entire sphere suddenly dissolve and disappear in thin air. Nothing remained, no Tyche and no Eris.

 

I searched for signs and traces when I found something shiny and white on the floor.

 

I picked it up carefully and looked at it in the light.

 

A part of a horn?

 

I used (Appraisal).

 

(Horn of a ???)

 

Strange... How can that be? If this was Eris's horn, it would show that it came from a horned rabbit, and Tyche doesn't have horns.

 

I have to find out where this horn came from and why it was behind the barrier... maybe that's how I find a way to find and retrieve Eris.

 

------ POV Eris ------

 

"Eris, it's time to wake up."

 

My head was buzzing and it felt like I slept for weeks.

 

"Eris, all are just waiting for you!"

 

"Ngh... it's fine. Who is waiting for me? "

 

I answered the unknown female voice and tried to open my eyes.

 

"Tyche, that's no way to treat a guest!"

 

A second woman's voice disciplined the first voice.

 

Tyche? Had someone just said Tyche?

 

"Look, what you have done! You just made her awakening unnecessarily painful because you pushed her. "

 

I opened my eyes one more time, only this time much more cautious.

 

It took a moment for my vision to clear. I saw four people not far away from me, sitting and looking back at me.

 

The person on the right side was a woman with silver hair and green eyes, another woman sat next to her, she had the same green eyes, but her hair was golden.

 

The second one from the left was a man, looking a bit bored. His hair was black and his eyes were red.

 

The person on the left was a little girl with gray hair and gray eyes. She hugged a giant pillow with her hands. Her eyes were half-closed and made a tired impression.

 

I looked around the circle of invariably good-looking people and only one thought came to my mind.

 

"Who are you?"

 

Arc 1 end.

Announcement

The name of the first Arc is "Under the spell of the gods".

The main story will be on break until the first November days.

The Character page will be released next weekend.

62