Chapter 18: Changes
3k 19 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc 2 starts!

Arc 2 is much longer and not finished written by me, obviously.

 

This is me?

 

(That's you!)

 

My appearance was reflected in the mirrors on the wall. I was a bit bigger than before. My antlers became turned back to a simple horn again, the only difference was that the horn was twice as big as before, with a slight curvature. My ears were no longer simply red, but flickering in different colors of red, orange and yellow, and resemble me of flames.

 

Probably the biggest change took place on my lower back because there were two wings, with dark red feathers. When I opened them wide, the wings began to flicker like my hair in the same colors.

 

(Should I open your status?)

 

Please.

 

<Status>

 

Name: Eris

Title: Crete's Partner, Rabbit Princess, Hecate's Blessing, Unique Subrace

Race: Horned Rabbit (One-horn Wolpertinger)(Archetype)

Sex: ♀️

Age: 12 years

Rank: D-

Job: (Locked)

 

HP: 142/142

MP: 172/172

 

Level: 1/25

EP: 0/75

 

ATK: 94

DEF: 68

MAG: 272 (+136)

AGI: 288

INT: 108

 

<=====>

 

...

 

I couldn't find the right words.

 

(Your old titles are gone, but you have won new ones.)

 

...

 

(For the first time, I see this with your race.)

 

12…

 

(What do you mean?)

 

How many days were we in the intermediate world? 10 Days? More? Fewer?

 

(10 Days passed, why?)

 

That was 12 years on Tareh! 12 years have passed!

 

(Oh, that were just 12 Years this is almost nothing. )

 

Maybe for you, but I'm mortal! In fact, I don’t even know how old horned rabbits will become.

 

(17 to 22 years.)

 

...then my heyday is almost over and become an old grandma!

 

(That's not quite right, you're not a horned rabbit anymore.)

 

Like now? My status still says I am a horned rabbit.

 

(But (archetype) is abnormal, but I also have to say that your ability (Overdevelopment) had something to do with it, so anything is possible.)

 

And fittingly she gave me a unique subrace.

 

(Want to see your new skills?)

 

Then show me the shocking truth.

 

Tyche chuckled and a moment later my Ability List appeared.

 

<Ability List>

 

ATK:

(Tackle Lv.3)

(Horn Throw Lv.3)

(Fireshock Lv.1) -> (Phoenix Shock Lv.1)(Evolved)

 

Defense:

(Dodge jump Lv.3)

(Counter kick Lv.1)

(Fire Resistance Lv.2) -> (Fire Immunity)(Evolved)

 

MAG:

(Enhance Body (light) Lv.2)

(Fire Affinity)

(Dark Affinity)

(Fireball (Small) Lv.1) -> (Phoenix Fire Lv.1)(Evolved)

(Phoenix Inferno Lv.1)(NEW)

(Finster strike Lv.1)

 

AGI:

(Charge Lv.1)

(Dark Voyage Lv.1)

(Flying Lv.1)(NEW)

 

Without Attribute:

(Snoop Lv.2) -> (Presence sense Lv.1)(Evolved)

(Appraisal Lv.3)

(Unleashed Abyss Lv.1)

(Core Eater)(NEW)

 

Title Abilities:

Hecate's Blessing - (+ 50% MAG)(NEW)

Unique Subrace - Disguise(Perfect)( NEW)

 

Unique:

(Overdevelopment x2)

 

<==========>

 

Woah! That's a lot! Hecate's blessing is great for mages. 

 

(Shall I explain any abilities?)

 

Then... please, start with the difference between fire abilities and phoenix abilities. Afterward, an explanation of what (Phoenix inferno) can do.

 

(Phoenix abilities and fire abilities use different amounts of MP. Fire abilities are sluggish and consume a lot of MP, but Phoenix abilities are quite different, they are more powerful and consume less MP at the same time. Phoenix abilities can only be used by a phoenix or somebody who possesses a Phoenix core.

Let's continue with (Phoenix Inferno). It's like a tidal wave of flames with you as the epicenter. The range of the inferno depends on the level. On Lv. 1 is the area range by 15 meters.)

 

So AOE, not bad! Can I already fly with (Flying) on ​​Lv.1?

 

(It is laborious, I would recommend you to train to glide first.)

 

Good. The last thing is with (Core Eater).

 

(Very good! Finally the most important ability. (Core Eater) has three important functions:

The first one is "Eating" if you eat a magic core, your HP and MP will be restored instantly to a certain amount, but that's not all, because your abilities will be synchronized with the abilities of the Core you are eating. Like what happened with your fire abilities.

The second is "archiving", of each creature, a core can be stored in your archive. Here you have to be extra careful because only the first core can be archived, so if you eat the core of a weaker individual, it may be that you later regret it when you hit a stronger one.

The last one is most important to you. You can open (core eater) like (status) or (skill list). If you do, you can activate or deactivate cores. I have never seen the body look like this by others but having wings you may mean that the Phoenix Core may already be active.)

 

Then let's try it out! (Core Eater)

 

<Core Eater>

 

Active Cores

 

Main Horned Rabbit(locked)

Body n / A.

Abdomen Phoenix(locked)

Arm (left) n / A.

Arm (right) n / A.

Archive Usable in

Deity(splinter core) Body

 

<=====>

 

In front of me was a transparent image of my body with 5 circles. One circle was on the head, the second on the chest, the third on the abdomen, and the last two on my right and left arms.

 

On the side, there was a chart named archive and underneath stood Deity(splinter core).

 

(Seriously, your body is already influenced by the cores!)

 

Maybe, that's the reason why my body's form is called (archetype)?

 

(Quite possible.)

 

What do you think, what would happen if I use your splinter core?

 

(I don't know. Try it if you want.)

 

I pulled with my paw "deity (splinter core)" onto the circle on my chest.

 

Immediately a window opened.

 

(Should Deity (Shard Core) be placed on the body? Y / N WARNING! Body adaptation may cause pain to the user, chance to die at the process is by 0.5%)

 

Ehhh, alright!

 

No further thought I pressed Y.

 

All windows closed on their own.

 

My entire body started to glow white. The whole thing went so far that I couldn't see anything except white light.

 

AHH!

 

My bones and joints hurt, it was even so bad, that I bit my teeth together, and screamed inside of me.

 

I even heard Tyche's Voice, but I couldn't understand her.

 

I couldn't think clearly. My body twitched and cramped on the ground.

 

My mind switched itself off because of the pain, and I lost my consciousness once again.

 

Who likes cliff hanger?

Sorry, but Eris's big adventure starts with the next chapter. And a lot of new people already waiting for us.

60