Chapter 21: Wizardguild
2.7k 12 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My shortest Chapter so far.

 

This is an official double release! *yay* Following this chapter, will be a chapter of an Anthology about Tareh released.

 

 

The person behind the desk was a young woman at the beginning of her twenties. She had shoulder-length red curls and orange-yellow eyes.

 

She straightened up and leaned over the desk. She looked down at me.

 

"How can I help you?"

 

I sighed in thought.

 

"I'm looking for information about the region and its creatures, a library or an archive would be very helpful."

 

"On the third floor is the Wizardguild, there you could ask once, some sections of their archives are blocked and only for members, but books and documents about the region and the creatures should be freely accessible on request."

 

"Wizardguild?"

 

"You're in a guild house for the first time?"

 

I nodded.

 

"Three guilds exist with a lot of branches scattered across the continents. The biggest and most common is the Hunting Guild."

 

She pointed with her hand at the door behind me.

 

"The other two guilds are the Mercenaryguild and Wizardguild."

 

"What about an Adventurerguild?"

 

"Uh? That was the original guild's name. All three guilds were the Adventureguild. They are separated now, but they still work together. If you're a member of one of these guilds, you can also accept requests from the others."

 

"T-Thank you, I'll ask at the Wizardguild."

 

"No problem! Good luck. "

 

With a friendly smile, she said goodbye to me.

 

I climbed the stairs up to the third floor.

 

First, I managed to get into a small vestibule, on the wall, was a bulletin board with searches for new team members. As I took a closer look, I realized that most groups were looking for a wizard or magician.

 

I walked through the door into the Wizardguild.

 

To the right and left were several tables, where some people were already sitting in robes and stuck their faces in various books.

 

Only a few of the approximately 20 people in the room raised their heads as I entered the room. Most of them lowered their heads immediately, but a single person continued to stare at me.

 

It was the girl behind the desk, behind her I could see a few more people who were engrossed in documents.

 

The girl had a dark brown dog tail and hanging dog ears. She was around 16 to 18 years old. Her hair was dark brown, and she had a bob cut. Her eyes were shining so much that I couldn't even see her eye color. 

 

Her dog tail wagged heavily, and I felt that the closer I got to the desk, the stronger it became.

 

"Hello, my cute rabbit."

 

Why do you greet someone like that, who you don't know!? Just ignore it, Eris!

 

I calmed myself a little and put on a false smile before I answered.

 

"Yes... Hello."

 

"How can I help you?"

 

"I'm looking for information. Information about the region and its creatures."

 

"Guess you're not a member of any of the guilds?"

 

I nodded.

 

"Hmm... Unfortunately, I can not grant you free access to Section 1... But I can get some books from Section 1 if you want, but the available books, for non-members, are strictly limited."

 

"And how can I join the guild? "

 

"If you pass the wizard or magician test."

 

A well-known voice intervened in my head.

 

(Eris, in your current form, it's impossible, you could use magic, but that would betray your disguise because Werebeasts don’t possess a core. You could cast a spell, but I’m sure that you don’t have a wand or wizard tattoos to cast it.)

 

And now?

 

(Let her bring the books. Even a tinny information could be enough.)

 

...ok.

 

"I need to decline. Can you bring me a dictionary about the creatures living here and maybe a map? "

 

Her tail sank.

 

"What a pity..."

 

She turned to an older woman behind her.

 

"Doloris, can you go to the reception for me as a substitute, I'm looking for a few books for a guest?"

 

"Hmm? Yes, no problem."

 

The woman got up, put the document in her hand down, and moved to the reception.

 

"Sooo Rabby, you can pick a table, searching the right books could take some time."

 

"Okay."

 

She left the room through a side door, and I sat down at the next available table.

 

===

 

I was in thought when someone patted my shoulder.

 

"Hey!"

 

"W-wah!"

 

The voice startled me, and I turned around.

 

In front of me was a wall of several thick books.

 

"Uh?”

 

"Will you make room for me? I want to drop off the books.”

 

“Y-yes, of course."

 

I slipped sideways, and the receptionist put the stack of books in front of me.

 

"These books are all that I could find."

 

She put down one by one and named their names, summing up her contents briefly.

 

The first book had a green cover and was, in my estimation, the second thickest book in the pile.

 

"Theophrast's encyclopedia includes knowledge of tree species and their characteristics."

 

The second book was thinner and had a brown cover.

 

"Togen's collection of dangerous predators."

 

The thickest book was the third book. The cover was white, and an "A" was big written on the cover.

 

"Collection and documentation of mammals. Issue of Kerge and Syrras."

 

The fourth book was as thick as the second one. It had a black cover.

 

"Maybe this doesn't fit into your area of search, but I brought it anyway. Mysterious or mythical? - Legends and stories about strange sightings."

 

The last one I couldn't call it a book anymore, it was more like a notebook.

 

"This document is from my private collection. I document sightings. I pinned a detailed map in the end. If it's not enough, I can find you another one."

 

"T-thanks, but "Theophrast's Encyclopedia" and "Togen's collection" are not needed. The other three will be enough. "

 

" Hmm. All right. "

 

She took the two books back and disappeared through the same door as before.

 

First, I took the book about mammals and opened it.

 

Guildhouse design:

55