Chapter 35: “Where is my little Ang-. Where’s Eris!?”
1.6k 4 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Chapter is a bit early, but yeah... here it is.

You ask why this name for a chapter? Because it's time for Daria to shine. :D

 

I glided over the treetops when the shapeshifter in the shape of a bird passed me and flew down. I followed him as best I could, but I still had some problems keeping up.

 

He started to land in front of me. He landed in a small clearing and changed his appearance. To my surprise, he didn't transform into the guard's figure, but that of a boy of 16 or 17 years.

 

I landed next to him.

 

"And?"

 

He presented himself to me.

 

"What do you mean by "and?"."

 

"Well, I wanted to know how you like the shape."

 

He had brown eyes and dark blonde hair. His face was handsome, but I didn't like this display.

 

"Well, there are better ones."

 

“What about you? Why do you have the shape of a little girl? ”

 

"Hu? That's because I'm only twelve.”

 

“You are twelve !? As you speak, I never would have guessed. ”

 

"What do we do now?"

 

“We go to others. Follow me."

 

He walked through the trees, and I carefully followed him.

=== POV Daria

When we entered the tower with the entire crew, the same guards were still in the living rooms.

 

Sarna started discussing everything with them, and the three guards we had to knock out before helped us convince the others of the urgency.

 

We had agreed that nobody but Sarna, Viktor, and I should leave the room. The three of us were the chosen ones to face the shift manager.

 

We approached the door on the third floor.

 

Sarna went to knock on the door, while Viktor got ready and drew his sword. I chose my one-handed axes this time.

 

"Yes?"

 

A grumbling old gentlemen's voice came from behind the door.

 

Sarna stepped aside and gestured to Viktor with her fingers.

 

3 ...

 

2 ...

 

1…

 

Viktor jumped with his shoulder against the reinforced door, which despite everything, opened.

 

"So, yes."

 

The man behind the table rose. Eris and the guard were no longer here.

 

“Where's my little Ang-. Where's Eris!?”

 

“Daria, concentration!”

 

Sarna measured me.

 

"Yes... Yes...!"

 

"I thought you were coming as if the little one was right."

 

My little angel warned him? No way!

 

The older man changed, and a shorthand later, his shape had given way to that of a vampire. Pale skin, red eyes, and white hair, as well as sharp canines, so he showed us the usual look of a vampire.

 

"I'm not that easy to beat."

 

A scratchy voice came from the shapeshifter. It swung itself into the air and glided like a shadow in the room.

 

"Viktor down!"

 

Sarna warned Viktor, who jumped to the ground as fast as he could. Something whizzed past him, and if he had only hesitated for a second, it would have caught him.

 

Vampires thrive on their high AGI, but why can a shapeshifter use them? Could it be that he can use other vampire skills?

 

"Sarna"

 

I saw the shadow approach Sarna and pushed her aside. At the same moment, I tried to hit the shadow with my left ax.

 

"We could have used a magician."

 

"Yes, but unfortunately, we don't have that."

 

I have something !?

 

"When I call, throw yourself on the floor!"

 

Dario had given me an amulet when I started the job in the Admeras embassy. I took it out from between my clothes.

 

The amulet was optically nothing special, but the magic he had incorporated was no easy one. The spell was a modified version of (Sea of ​​Flames), for 60 seconds my weapon attacks would also cause a shock wave of flames. Unfortunately, the spell has a 30 minute cooldown, so everything had to work the first time.

 

I touched the amulet, and it started to flicker reddish.

 

"Now, on the floor!"

 

I turned in a circle and twirled the axes around me.

 

Shock waves of flame streamed from my axes, leaving traces of soot on the walls.

 

I let my arms go higher and higher so that the funnel made of flames got smaller and smaller, and there was less space for the shapeshifter to avoid the fire.

 

The fire was the weak point of vampires, and I hope for shapeshifters in vampire shape as well.

 

"Cow!"

 

I stopped when a noise came from the ceiling. I looked up, and a fire lizard was sitting right above me.

 

Shit!

 

"Watch out!"

 

Viktor pushed me aside as the shapeshifter, now in the shape of a fire iguana, jumped down on me.

 

I fell to the side on the floor and could only see the shapeshifter landing on Viktor.

 

"Victor!"

 

Sarna's voice came from my left.

 

She stormed past me and attacked the shapeshifter.

 

The shapeshifter wanted to grab her with his right claw, but his grip went nowhere, the Sarna dodged to the side and landed a hit with a dagger in her left hand. Her prick hit the shapeshifter's eye exactly.

 

Yellow blood gushed out of the eye. He changed shape again, this time turning into a giant bird of ice. I didn't know this breed.

 

Maybe that was a mistake on his part.

 

I prepared an ax and threw it at the kingfisher. The ax whirled through the air, and the spell was still active, turning the ax into a wheel of flames.

 

The ax surfed through the air and landed in the right-wing, leaving a deep wound. At the same moment, a blade pierced the left-wing.

 

Viktor, who was lying under the left claw, pierced his wing with his sword.

 

The shapeshifter backed away and changed again. This time he turned back into a human-like figure.

 

Its shape was not precisely defined, and it was as if a layer of fog surrounded the body. His right arm hung motionless, and the left arm was bleeding heavily.

 

"Victor!"

 

Sarna ran to Viktor, who was now freed after the shapeshifter transformed. She grabbed him under the arms and dragged him to the edge of the room and leaned him against the wall.

 

"Daria, can you do this alone?"

 

"I give my best."

 

I sprinted onto the shadowy figure. This grasp with the left hand for the sword of Viktor, which lay at his feet.

 

My axes crashed into the sword, and the room rattled and echoed again and again.

 

The shapeshifter's movements became more and more cumbersome, and the continuous movement made more and more blood flow out of his open wounds.

 

His strength left him, and after a quick blow from me, the sword flew out of his hand.

 

"Kuh!"

 

He dropped to his knees and was finally on the floor.

 

“Before we end your suffering, you could answer a few questions. Where's Eris? ”

 

"Eris? Do you mean this little one? Surely over all mountains, hahaha...”

=== POV Eris

"Erika, this is our home."

 

We hiked for quite a while until we reached a cave entrance.

 

"A cave?"

 

"Well, don't worry, it's just a tunnel that leads to our village."

 

"Wait! Before we go in there, I wanted to ask you something. ”

 

"And what?"

 

“What if your boss was exposed? Wouldn't that be bad? ”

 

"Hmm ... yes, maybe, but he's just my boss and not our sole leader."

 

"Uhm ... ok."

 

He doesn't sound happy, maybe not all of the shapeshifters from the village are involved in the kidnapping.

 

We stepped into the cave as several torches lit up.

 

"Stop! Who are you?"

 

"It's me, Sim. The girl next to me is called Erika, and she is one of us."

 

"Good, come on."

 

When we passed the guards, one of the guards grabbed his arm.

 

"Our elder is not pleased with your actions."

 

The guard tried to whisper to him that I shouldn't hear anything, but he didn't know that I could listen to everything correctly.

 

"The old cracker doesn't last long anyway."

 

Condescending and arrogant.

 

He pulled his arm free and ignored the guard and just kept walking.

 

"Come on, Erika. I don't have the time to hear this nonsense."

35