Chapter 48: Departure in more than one way.
1.3k 10 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A new release! Tara!! Well, while it’s a new release, I am still not back with a guaranteed release rate.

 

We had already reached Astel and separated. I returned to the house with Dario and Daria. Daria decided to write a report about the mission because there were some interesting facts she wanted to bring to Vilavil. Dario, on the other hand, was unloading his backpack and cleaning the dirty objects.

I haven’t shown my eye that hides under the eye patch to anybody.

I lay on the bed and stared at the ceiling, my eye patch lying next to me on the bedside table. There was still something different with the eye, but I couldn’t correctly describe what it was. I decided to get to the bottom of my changes. First, I opened my status.

Status!

 

<Status>

 

Name: Eris

Title: Hecate’s Blessing, Unique Subrace, Robust Mind

Race: Horned rabbit (One-horn Wolpertinger) (Deity Form)

Sex: ♀️

Age: 12 years

Rank: D-

Job: Magical scout

 

HP: 142/142

MP: 172/172

 

Level: 3/25

EP: 10/75

 

ATK: 94 -> 114 (x1.2)

DEF: 68 -> 88 (x1.2)

MAG: 272 (+151) -> 302 (x1.2)

AGI: 288 -> 312 (x1.2)

INT: 108 -> 132 (x1.2)

 

<=====>

 

Two levels raised, but despite this, my values ​​have significantly increased. And this multiplier, what is the cause!? While I’m at it I should check my skills, the system told me of a few, but maybe there are more new ones. Ability List!

 

<Skills list>

 

ATK:

(Tackle Lv.3) -> (Ram attack Lv. 1)(evolved)

(Fistfight Lv. 2)

(Shoulder throw Lv.3)

(Phoenix Strike Lv.6)

 

DEF:

(Dodge jump Lv.5)

(Counter kick Lv.2)

(Fire Immunity) -> (Fire Eater)(evolved)

 

LIKE:

(Enhance body(light) Lv.3)

(Fire affinity)

(Dark affinity)

(Phoenix Fire Lv.4)

(Phoenix Inferno Lv.3)

(Finster strike Lv.3)

(Psychic Lv.1)(blocked)(new)

(Hellfire Lv.1)(new)

 

AGI:

(Sprint Lv.4)

(Dark Voyage Lv.1)(blocked)

(Flying Lv.5)

 

Without attribute:

(Presence sense Lv.4)

(Appraisal Lv.3)

(Core-eater)

(Spirit Language)

(Operation)(unstable)(new)

Unique subrace - camouflage(perfect) -> body modifier(evolved)

(Blood volume)(new)

 

Title abilities:

Hecate's Blessing - (+ 50% MAG)

Unique subrace - disguise(perfect) -> (evolved)

 

Unique:

(Overdevelopment x2)

 

<==========>

 

Wow... Not many new skills, but some have risen significantly in level.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

I was ripped out of my thoughts when someone knocked on the door.

“Yes?”

“Eris, someone is in the dining room for you.”

Dario’s voice came from the other side of the door.

Uh? Who wants to see me now?

I left my room and went to the dining room. The door to the room was wide open, and I could hear two voices coming from inside.

“You know I’m busy, why are you asking me of all people?”

The unknown voice spoke to a voice I knew too well. The second voice belonged to Vilavil.

I’m walked under the door frame when the eyes of the two people wandered to me.

“That’s her?”

The unknown person was a woman of inhuman beauty. Her appearance was like a magnet, and I couldn’t look away from her. She looked young, maybe seventeen or eighteen years old, azure eyes and golden hair. Her skin had a light tan. Her ears were pointy but had a slightly different shape than that of elves or albae.

“That is her! Eris come sit down. I will introduce you.”

Vilavil smiled at me and put her left hand on the back of the chair next to her.

“Uhu... Ok.”

I carefully went to the square next to Vilavil and sat down.

“Well, now I’ll introduce you both. Eris, this is your new teacher, Ishina Dvan. Ishina, this is your new student, Eris. Perfect! With this, I’m done here!”

Vilavil got up abruptly and was about to leave the room.

“You owe me something!”

Ishina said that in Vilavil’s back and she answered without turning around.

“I know!”

Vilavil disappeared, and I was left alone with Ishina.

“A horned rabbit, uh?”

She looked at me, emotionless.

“How? How do you know?”

She pointed to her eyes.

“These old eyes never let me down.”

“Old?”

“She didn’t mention it, but I guess you noticed that I’m not human.”

She brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

“I am a vampire, to be a precise, albino vampire. My powers are almost the opposite of a normal vampire.”

An albino vampire? Does she die when she enters the moonlight?

“Judging from your face, you’re wondering what exactly a vampire’s powers are. The darker a place, the stronger a vampire gets, for me, it’s just upside down, the lighter, the better. Also, I can’t use light magic to manipulate shadows like other vampires, but I can create my light with fire magic.”

She paused before continuing.

“It’s not all that important. We should talk about you. How come you have a human form?”

Her face was still emotionless.

“An ability.”

“Unique?”

“No.”

“A pity.”

Her voice and face were still emotionless.

“Let’s talk about something else. Let’s talk about your training because Vil owes me now. You will receive intensive training. I’ll see what you’re good for, in the next six months.”

Moment? 6 months!?

“What do you mean? Six months?”

“6 months is six months! The winter months are coming, and I want to be home before the first snow, and you will be with me.”

“And where is your home?”

“In Tes in the city-state of Fanhai.”

“... Ah, Tes... Wait a minute! Isn’t Tes the continent far to the west!?”

“That’s right.”

A slight smile flashed at the corner of her mouth but disappeared in a split second.

“You have three days to clear everything up! If you are not finished, I will drag you along. Even if I need to bind you with a rope and drag you after the carriage!”

 

=== A few days ago. (POV Tyche)

 

I was inside my core splinter. From here, I could watch everything Eris experienced. It was like watching a play from the main character’s perspective.

Eris was preparing for the upcoming quest and was following the hunting guild leader. A moment earlier, she asked me to help her and calculate how much mana she was consuming and how much she would consume if she eradicated her mistakes.

When she asked me about it, I was taken aback. Eris’s mana regeneration was far higher than that of normal living beings without any additional skills. It was strange, and I tried to absorb some of the mana, but... it didn’t work, all I could consume was a maximum of 2%. With the 2%, it would take 100 years to regenerate 5% of my magical core.

What is this!? Part of your mana is used elsewhere!?

I started to follow the trail of her magic and noticed that more than half of her magic was not accumulating in her magical core. I followed the stream of magic, but suddenly something blocked me!

What’s this!?

I pounded on the invisible wall.

Get out of here! Show yourself!?

I didn’t count the number of times or how long I pounded the barrier when it dissolved into thin air. It did not disappear at my request or my ability. It disappeared because the creator wanted it that way.

I followed the stream until a door appeared in front of me. The door was in the middle of nowhere. Its decorations made me conclude that it was an ancient door.

These patterns...

I stroked the engraving, which looked like a flash. Next to it, there was a wave engraving. On the upper frame was an engraving that looked like a wind storm.

While I was looking at the door, it began to creak and slowly opened on its own. I could only see darkness on the other side of the doorframe. I was by no means afraid of the dark and walked through the door.

*BAM*

The door slammed behind me and disappeared.

“Welcome!”

A powerful and loud woman’s voice echoed in the darkness. I approached the source of the voice and looked at every detail.

“Wel... come... Tyche!”

The voice rang again and made the specific breaks while saying it.

“You know my name?”

Irritated by it, I asked into the darkness.

“Oh! ...Of course, how could I ever forget you.”

Does she know me?

“Come over! Let’s talk about why you’re here!”

A colossal grid appeared out of nowhere in front of me, and a black silhouette was faintly visible behind it.

“Long time ago!”

A pair of bright red eyes approached the grids.

“You are not-!”

“Anyway, you’re not here for me, but her or for them?”

The floor shook, and many different doors appeared around me. Each entry had its design. Some were only rustic and the simplest of the simplest, there were other, also elaborately created doors. Some doors had a strange layout and were created with an unknown material.

“Here a little help!”

*Schnips*

A number appeared above each door. A total of thirteen gates had appeared, but the number 1 door was missing.

“Where will these doors take me?”

I looked at the shadowy figure.

“Who knows? Wouldn’t that take all the fun away?”

After she said that, she laughed impishly and wrapped herself in the shadows and disappeared.

 

We finally have the cut between Eris's story and Tyche's adventure. Tyche's part will show up from time to time in the story, but it won't be finished in one go. If Tyche's adventure gets a chapter, a few lines at the end of each chapter will tell us what happens by Eris. I will write it like a diary.

24