Fire Transforms us track 4: Solitary Confinement
558 8 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jose looked at Eve as she finished and looked back and forth and realized. “Oh, uhh I guess it’s my turn. Well my story is based on an MMO and it’s a bit scary.”

They all looked at him with a blank stare.

“Hey now, it’s not like before okay! It’s got some scary elements but it’s mostly about a summer romance. Sort of. Look, just trust me okay? I think you’ll like it.”

________________________________________________

Solitary Confinement by Cabbitgurl

Chapter 1: You gotta be kidding me

 

It was a scorching hot day in the summer and Alejandro Cortez was annoyed. He didn’t mean to bomb his test that hard… or to fail the eighth grade. Sure he probably could have worked a little harder, but why? It felt so much easier to just coast on by. Unfortunately he coasted a little too close to the cliff, and fell off. Which is what led to his current predicament.

He was grounded. Stuck here. Alone. While his parents went on a two week long summer vacation. The worst part is he was locked in his room. He couldn’t even go outside. There were no trees or anything to climb down. Not that he could, he wasn’t exactly athletic.

His room had a bathroom, and mercifully his parents decided on leaving his computer so he wouldn’t die of boredom. He had no contact with the outside world, however, as his only form of communication was a pager that he could use to call his Tia Valentina. Who was for all intents and purposes his prison warden. If he needed more food or toilet paper or anything, even laundry; he was supposed to page her so she could unlock his door and then get him the required items. She was in charge of cooking for him, cleaning for him, doing his laundry and restocking the bathroom with clean towels and other utilities. He’d already tried to appeal to her better nature, but she merely remarked this was his comeuppance for the destruction he’d caused her prized doll collection. Okay maybe it wasn’t the best idea for him to use her dolls as practice for his bb gun, but it was pretty funny right? I mean who knew they’d just explode like that?

It didn’t seem fair, his punishment felt too cruel.

His first task was to check his email, see if any of his friends had messaged him. There was nothing of note, at least at first, when suddenly he saw an email from a company he’d never heard of: Immersion Studios. Curious, he clicked on the email and it was an offer to play on an exclusive closed beta version of a game called Silver Bullet. It had a video embedded from an unknown source. He clicked on the video and it was some sort of gameplay. At first it appeared to be a typical MMORPG, but then it went into some seriously in depth character customization. Though what really sold him was the insane graphics. A game like this should surely have some kind of following. He looked it up on youtube, but found nothing. Not even a single mention of this game. When it said exclusive closed beta it apparently wasn’t kidding. The excitement of being one of the few chosen people on the planet overwhelmed him and he downloaded it immediately.

As soon as it loaded it asked him what class he wanted. DPS, Tank, or Support. He was a bit stumped about what kind of character to make. He thought long and hard. He didn’t want to play a technical heavy DPS class, or a Bruiser/Tank class. Tanks usually had to be a shotcaller or leader and he didn’t want to do that, that was far too much work. Nevermind his lazy attitude in the first place had been the cause of his current situation, he finally settled on Healer. Then he had to select an Aspect. There were ten aspects, ranging from full on Battle Healer to, on the other end of the spectrum, Full Support. He chose the Full Support Healer aspect. He’d just sit back and heal, while the tank protected him and the DPS did all the work. Naturally any top tier healer in an MMO would tell you otherwise, that healing was insanely technical and required a lot of work, but Alejandro was a simple child who had made up his mind.

His job was chosen, now he had to make his character. He stared at the character creation screen, and saw a single big word: Gender. He clicked on it and saw three options: Male, Female, Other. He didn’t have a clue what Other meant so he ruled that out. He was a boy, so obviously Female would be wrong. He hovered over Male and was about to click when suddenly he stopped. Wouldn’t Female be the better choice? What hot blooded young boy would want to stare at some guy's butt all day? Wouldn’t it be better to stare at the back side of a pretty girl? Not only that but he might get guys to give him things. He remembered plenty of girls in MMOs he had played in getting free stuff. He’d just act like those girls: cutesie, aloof, and helpless. Then people would be throwing money at him. He’d find a party in an instant and his position in the game would be secured. It was the perfect crime and the perfect choice. He clicked on Female.

Given his lazy nature he just found one of the character templates, and was about to click it when something inside him felt wrong. He felt compelled to do a more in depth customization. He wasn’t sure why but he made a cute young girl about his age, his same light tan skin color, with black long hair in twintails and big hazel eyes just like he had. She was essentially a fantasy version of himself that was also female. He shrugged at the coincidence, then saw he needed to click on the voice next. There were far more choices than he could have imagined. After a few minutes of searching, he finally found one that he was drawn to. It was melodious, sweet, and demure. It was perfect for his character. The last thing he needed to select was her name. He stared at the screen for a few minutes before he shrugged and named her Alejandra Cortez. It was one letter off his real name but what were the chances anyone he knew got into this exclusive beta anyway?

Excitedly he waited for the loading screen as his character loaded into the world. It started with a cutscene. There was a large gothic looking castle with gargoyles staring at the player. A feminine voice spoke about the dangerous Lycanthropes haunting the land. He quickly skipped it. Who cares about dumb lore anyway? It asked him if he’d like to do the tutorial, with a yawn he clicked no. It then fast forwarded to his character inside some kind of large log cabin. It was pretty nondescript, a bed, fireplace, a dining area in the back. What was interesting though was that there was someone laying on the bed, dying apparently. He wondered if he’d made the right choice to skip the tutorial and intro, then quickly shrugged away the thought. He’d just brute force it if necessary. If that didn’t work he could always beg some nice person to help. Might even get some free gear. Which would be a huge improvement from the very plain brown dress and shoes his character was wearing. They looked pretty weak, obviously newb equipment.

Immediately the game gave him a prompt to give the person some medicine. Oddly not even gendering the person in front of him. He tried to look and see if he could tell their gender, then decided it wasn’t worth the effort. If the game didn’t want to tell him, he couldn’t be bothered to figure it out. It told him to press the i key on his keyboard to access his inventory, then drag it over. He did so, at first annoyed that it was still giving him instructions after skipping the tutorial. Then happy for it to tell him so he didn’t have to go hunting on his keyboard for the proper keys.

The person awoke, and thanked him, then went into some long rant about the lycanthropes. That they were incredibly dangerous, to be careful not to be ensnared by their charm. All kinds of nonsense really.

It continued, this time giving him a prompt. The person asked if he understood. He clicked yes. They smiled, then suddenly frowned as a loud but nearby howl rippled through the cabin. They asked his character to investigate and to be careful. He rolled his eyes IRL, as it *finally* gave him control of his character. He left the cabin, ready to explore this world. It continued to astonish him with the graphics. The trees swayed in the wind, and he found out it was dark outside with a full moon overhead. He took a few steps outside, and headed onto a cobblestone road when suddenly the game seized control from him.

A cutscene played of a giant furry wolf like humanoid with large sharp teeth dripping with saliva leaped from a nearby branch in front of him. The furry humanoid, presumably one of the Lycanthropes, howled ferociously. He found himself feeling slightly afraid, so he tried to skip the cutscene. However, it was unskippable. He resigned himself to just watch the scene in front of him. Then it oddly stopped, giving him a prompt. He had several choices. A: Freeze and let whatever happens, happen. B: Attempt to fight the creature. C: Attempt to reason with the creature. For some reason, he actually was having a hard time considering this. Naturally the easy option would be to choose what he would, option A, but something inside him seemed to stir. He didn’t have to always choose the easy choice, He could be different, he could be his best self. He could fight the creature, maybe turn him away with some kind of holy banishment spell or something. Or he could choose option C and maybe persuade the creature to spare him. He considered his options and thought it’d be interesting to see what kind of speech she’d come up with to avoid her fate. He hovered over Option C, but then stopped. What about Option B? He could watch her fight and maybe banish it with some kind of cool holy spell! That excited him, so he hovered over Option B, and was about to click when he stopped. What if to do the spell he had to do some QTEs? That didn’t sound fun at all, he just wanted to have a relaxing time on this game and have everyone else do the hard work for him. He clicked Option A: Freeze and let whatever happens, happen.

The Lycanthrope approached his character, and sniffed her hair. She froze in fear, just like he had chosen. He expected her to be disemboweled, or torn apart. Instead the Lycanthrope nuzzled up to her like a puppy. It licked her cheek then he looked her directly in the eyes. As he did so, the game gave a large close up of the Lycanthrope’s eyes. They were golden, and seemed to entrance not just his character but also him. He almost felt himself falling into the Lycanthrope’s eyes. He wondered how they had done that? Was it some kind of special effect? His character promptly passed out, then the screen blacked out along with her. Oddly, he felt tired as well. He looked at the clock, it was Twelve o’ clock at night! Had he really been playing that long just making his character?! His Tia would be checking on him soon. He got up, shut off the monitor of the computer. Then settled himself under the sheet. A fan his Tia had brought him blew on him while he wondered had he really spent six hours in character customization? It didn’t feel that long, though grownups always say that time flies when you’re having fun. Was this what they meant? Those were his thoughts as he fell into blackness.

Chapter 2: Finding a group

 

The next day he felt refreshed, it was the most restful sleep he’d ever had. He couldn’t wait to get back to the game. First he had to take a shower, eat breakfast, brush his teeth, et cetera. None of that mattered though, he had a game to play!

He loaded up Silver Bullet, wondering where his character would be, given he had logged out while she was passed out. When it finally finished loading he found her wake up from what looked to be a simple but nice bed. It wasn’t anything like modern conveniences, this game was set in a medieval-ish setting after all. He was glad he didn’t have to sit through that cutscene and prompt again.

He walked out the inn, and set out for the next quest marker. There didn’t appear to be one, but there were quite a bit of townspeople, as well as other adventurers. This looked like the perfect place for conning dudes out of their money by making them think they’re talking to a girl. He grinned at the prospect and went about with his performance typing in all chat.

A>Alejandra: ”Ummm, hi, I’m a new girl to this game, can umm someone help me :(“
A>Warmonger: “Dude, we know you’re just a G.I.R.L. aka guy in real life.”
A>420slayer: “Iknorite? Like any real girl would just say she’s a girl, LMAO.”

He was flabbergasted, from one sentence they could tell? Maybe he should lay it on a little thicker, and see what happens.

A>Alejandra: “Why are you being so mean to me? T_T I just wanted help. I just started this game … I would have been here yesterday but umm I was trying to make my character look more like me.”
A>Warmonger: “Oh please, it probably took you like ten minutes to make that.”
A>420slayer: “Anymore and he was probably *********** while making it, lul.”

Alejandro yawned, and rolled his eyes at the language filter. He’d disable it later, probably, maybe, eventually. Then an idea struck and he went back to typing. He knew just how to throw them off.

A>Alejandra: “Actually it took almost six hours…”
A>420slayer: “SIX HOURS?! The **** were you even doing? What, didn’t get the right color of lipstick? God you really are a girl. My sister does that ****, it’s so pointless.”
A>Warmonger: “Really, wait you’re really a girl… well umm… are you hot?”

While he knew he could potentially get free stuff from this Warmonger, he figured it was best to find other venues. Guys like him were creepy as hell. Who knows what he’d do to him? Might even find his address or something? Maybe find a guy that was kinder, someone that’d protect him and make him feel safe.

A>Kronok: “Men, how about you just give her some time to breathe. She doesn’t need to deal with your constant assault of harassment.”

Jackpot.

A>Warmonger: “Get out of here white knight, she’s not going to **** you.”
A>420slayer: “Yea, iknorite? Dude’s a total simp.”
A>Alejandra: “Don’t be such jerks to him. He probably just wants to help. I just downloaded this game yesterday, so I’m still learning, sorry…”
A>Kronok: “I don’t need to ‘white knight’ anyone. I just don’t want to see such a sweet girl get corrupted by villains like you.”

Oh this was perfect. This Kronok guy had all the makings of the ideal mark. He called her sweet, awwww. Wait, what was he thinking? Maybe he was getting too into character. It wasn’t possible pretending to be a girl online could turn you gay? His father seemed to think so, but he knew that was silly. He continued his charade.

A>Alejandra: “Thank you so much mister Kronok.”
A>Warmonger: “Mister? The ****, are you like 8?”
A>420slayer: “Why would they let a kid play this? Mods?!”
A>Kronok: “No, I think she’s just that cutesy type of girl. There’s nothing wrong with it.”

His girl disguise was really working well, or at least he thought it was. Maybe another truth might help further cement his ‘gender.’

A>Alejandra: “I’m actually in the 8th grade, so you were partially right, hehe~”
A>Warmonger: “****... that’s kinda hot. You wanna show us your t1t5? I’m in tenth grade but I don’t mind.”
A>420slayer: “Yeah, well I’m seventh grade so I got a much better chance with her, Warloser!”
A>Warmonger: “Don’t make me beat your *** in pvp again.”
A>Kronok: “Oh really? I’m in 8th grade too. I wonder if we go to the same establishment?”

That made him break out of his character. What if he did go to the same school as him? Was he required to say his school now? This isn’t good, he might figure out who he is. He had to take a deep breath and formulate his next words carefully.

A>Alejandra: “Maybe but… isn’t it dangerous to say that online?”
A>Warmonger: “Yeah, creeper, lul.”
A>420slayer: “Yeah you some kind of stalker lmao?”
A>Kronok: “Oh, no no no absolutely not. I just was amused at the thought. I apologize.”

Wow, he was confused. This guy was so sincere. It was strange. Nobody was like this online, there was something weird about that.

A>Warmonger: “Dude, do you always talk like some kind of stuck up *******?”
A>420slayer: “Yeah, I noticed that too. What are you, some kind of British scholar?”
A>Kronok: “I wouldn’t worry about it, in fact, I think you’ve worn out your welcome. I am a player mod, get out of the chat, or I’ll ban you for vulgar behavior and harassment of this young damsel. If you think I’m joking, remember Marygeewanna? Ever wondered why he ‘disappeared’? You’re welcome.”
A>Warmonger: has logged out
A>420slayer has logged out
W>From Kronok: “Don’t worry, they’re gone. I got a small party I’ve formed from a group of friends, you game to play? If I may ask, where are you if you do accept my proposal?”

Kronok seemed to have some clout in this game. Not only that though but he gave him a direct whisper, and he was offering a party? This might just have been his lucky day. His dream of being a background healer protected by a big strong warrior might come true.

W>To Kronok: “I’m right outside the inn, sorry I just got started hehe :D”

He knew to lay on the sorry’s and the cutesy smiley faces and praise. No one would suspect him that way.

W>From Kronok: “Okay, my party and I will head there immediately. I think they’ll love you. What’s your job by the way?”

It’s now or never, hopefully he didn’t have too many other healers or this could all fall apart. If this was like any other MMOs, there usually were very few healers. Most everyone wanted to be DPS.

W>To Kronok: “I’m a Healer :D”
W>From Kronok: “Perfect! We’ve been looking for a Healer. If you were a DPS or Tank we’d have helped you level then set you on your way, but a Healer? We’ll train you up and help you get caught up and fully geared so you can join us in engaging in some raids. I’m the Tank by the way, and don’t worry I’m pretty seasoned, my two friends are really good at DPS too, so if you can keep us alive we’ll love you forever.”

It couldn’t get any better, he was going to be on the team of that really nice guy. Not only that but as the only healer? It really was like how he imagined!

W>To Kronok: “I promise to do my best to learn what I can!”

He sat and waited for about two minutes when he saw a group of three approaching. Two guys and one girl. The guy in front was wearing shining golden armor, with hazel eyes, brown hair, and similar skin to his own. The girl on his left was wearing a leaf green medieval dress with dark red accents and a quiver with a bow on her back. She had pale skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair. The guy on his right had the same skin color as Kronok, and the same eye color as him too. He was wearing what looked like a Rogue’s outfit of pants, top, and vest. The entire outfit was in dark reds and blacks. Alejandro thought it looked a little stereotypical but he wasn’t going to judge.

N>Kronok:  “There you are. Stay still, I’m going to send you a party invite.”

A party invite prompt appeared on his screen and he clicked accept.

P>Kronok: “Welcome to our team, Alejandra. I’m Kronok as you know.”
P>Tellera: “Yeah, Kronok the Meat shield.”
P>Mischievos: “LMAO, good one Tellera.”
P>Kronok: “Very funny. I prefer to be known as Kronok the Golden Knight.”
P>Mischievos: "More like self proclaimed, pffbt."
P>Tellera: "ROFL, oh Mischie you are too funny."

That was such a cringe inducing and stereotypical title, but, for some reason he found it charming.

P>Alejandra: ”Well I’m just Alejandra on here. I don’t really have any special titles or anything.”
P>Tellera: ”Don’t be sorry, missy. Titles don’t actually exist, he’s just a goober.”
P>Mischievos: ”Introductions, I’m Mischievos, I’m the resident Rogue Aspect.” Mischievos does an aristocratic bow
P>Tellera: “I’m Tellera, the best Archeress Aspect you've ever seen.”
P>Mischievos: “Tellera, Archer is gender neutral…”
P>Tellera: “Yeah well I’m female, not neutral.”
P>Mischievos: Mischievos facepalms.

Alejandro found himself facepalming along Mischievos. Though it was endearing in a way, she was really confident in her gender, she was kind of cool. He put his hands back on the keyboard.

P>Alejandra: “Thank you for being so welcoming to me. I think you’re both really cool, especially you miss Tellera.”
P>Tellera: “Haha,s he likes me better, suck on that Mischie~”
P>Mischievos: “That’s just because she doesn’t know what a pain you can be~”
P>Kronok: “Now, now, let’s not fight in front of the new girl. Alejandra, I know we’re kind of weird, but I do hope you’d stay. I promise you, you won’t regret it. You might find the experience changes you in more ways than one.”

Alejandro absolutely wanted to stay, this felt like a dream come true. Especially since he’d get to be closer with Kronny. Wait… where did that nickname come from? He shook his head, he was just staying in character. He didn’t want to use it right now, but maybe later when the time was right.


P>Alejandra: “I’d love to! Oh, but, I’m not really built for combat. I’m Full Support Aspect, sorry. I know that’s not very helpful in fights, I didn’t wanna hurt anyone… :(”

P>Tellera: “That’s awesome, you do the healing and buffing and I’ll kick their ***”
P>Mischievos: “That sounds like a good idea to me”
P>Kronok: “I concur, it definitely seems ideal. You just leave the damage and tanking to us, Alejandra. Don’t worry, we know what we’re doing. We’ll have you trained in no time.”

Alejandro was glad to finally get into a party. It was a little weird how he got here, but at least he’d found a nice group. He felt like things were looking up! Until his Tia called him for dinner and that made him realize he was playing with them a lot longer than he had thought. He told them goodbye, and logged off because she made him go to bed early for ignoring her. It was crazy how much this game just sucked you in. This party was going to take him far, he just knew it.

Chapter 3: Just so charming

 

After a week of being with them, Alejandro had greatly improved his skills as a Healer. He had intended to just be kind of lazy, but something inside him changed. He seemed to want to actually get good at Healer. He learned his buffs, and his rotations. He found the reason he did so was he didn’t want to disappoint the party. Especially Kronny. Not only that, but his disguise was becoming almost second nature at this point. He never figured he’d be able to make a convincing enough girl online. His teammates never questioned his gender once.

He didn’t even honestly think about it either. He was getting so good at his role, he was even fooling himself sometimes.

Though one time when they were questing late at night, he almost thought he saw a golden sheen to Kronok’s eyes. He didn’t see it again so he figured it was just a hallucination or something. He also found himself getting drawn to Kronok. Something about him was just so charming.

Taking himself out of his thoughts, he decided to do a full day of questing with them to help him catch up even more. He still was quite a ways behind. This game had a ridiculous amount of story, though he found himself actually caring about it. One thing that really stuck out at him was that there were more than just Wolf Lycanthropes. They could come in all kinds of forms. All of this, unfortunately, increased the time he needed. Tellera and Mischievos got a bit annoyed at that, but Kronok was all for it. And it was during one of the story dungeons that things started to change.

P>Kronok: “We are just about finished here. Anything you need Alejandra, quest wise?”
P>Alejandra: “Noooo, wait umm lemme check.”

He opened up his quest log. After perusing it he found the one he was looking for, closed it and went back to his keyboard.

P>Alejandra: “Oh, sorry I need a bit more goblin toes. My bad, Kronny.”
P>Kronok: Kronok blushes “That nickname is just too cute. Alejandra, I’m so glad I met you that one day on all chat. You’re turning into a fine Healer, and a wonderful party member.”
P>Mischievos: “I’ll say, she saved that Rando’s *** in Serpentine’s Castle.”
P>Tellera: “Yeah, she seems like that kind of girl that hates to hurt anyone and just wants to help. I can respect that.”

Alejandro blushed IRL at all the praise. He really worked hard so he was glad to see his efforts were paying off.

W>From Kronok: “Hey, after this quest, would it be okay if I talked with you? Just us two, not the others.”

That was out of the blue, what would he want to talk about? Did he do something wrong? He felt himself sweating IRL and getting nervous.

W>To Kronok: “Umm, okay? I umm don’t know what you want to talk about but I’d love to.”

He didn’t want him to know he was nervous, he hoped he wasn’t able to figure it out. Oh jeez, if he acted anymore like his girl character he’d start to think he was one. This was so weird, he wasn’t anything like this in real life. Was he?

P>Kronok: “Okay, let’s finish these off. Tellera, can you let loose an Arrow Vulcan on that group over there. The drop rate on that quest is annoying but it should be enough for her to finish it.”

P>Tellera: “You got it Kronny.” Tellera grins at Kronok

Alejandro still couldn’t believe he was using that nickname. Where had it even come from? It just… felt right to call him that. It was fine, he was just immersing himself in his character. There couldn’t possibly be another reason. Though he felt he should communicate how he felt about it.

P>Alejandra: Alejandra blushed and held her face in her hands in shame
P>Kronok: “Tellera, don’t tease the girl too much, you might break her.”
P>Tellera: “Fine, fine, but what’s a little joke between friends?”

Friends? They were his friends? He never really had friends before, most everyone just wanted to avoid him because he was such a lazy underachiever. Also his social skills were incredibly lacking. Though it seemed his character was better at it. She still was shy and aloof at times, but he could actually talk to people, even other girls. It astonished him a little. If only he could be like her IRL.

P>Tellera: Tellera casts Arrow Vulcan

Alejandro watched in awe as a swath of arrows swarmed around Tellera’s bow, and she fired each of them individually at lightning speeds. The Goblins dropped like flies, and he got that familiar ding of a quest complete.

 

P>Alejandra: “Okay, that’s enough Goblin toes. That was awesome! Thank you so much everyone!”
P>Mischievos: “Of course, my lady. I live to serve.” Mischievous does a theatrical bow
P>Kronok: “Mischievos, Tellera, great job. I need to have a word with Alejandra, however, so I’d like you two to leave the party temporarily.”
P>Tellera: “Seriously? Eh, fine, just you better invite us back or I’ll kick your *** when I next see you.”
P>Mischievos: “I will join her.”
P>Kronok: “Don’t worry, it won’t be long.”
Mischievos has left the party
Tellera has left the party

Alejandro swallowed a breath in his throat. Here it comes, he was going to talk to him. He steeled himself for whatever came. Had he figured him out? It wasn’t possible, right? Was he going to throw him out?

P>Kronok: “Now that they are gone, Alejandra. I wanted to tell you something special to me. I wanted to tell you my name.”

Alejandro blinked in confusion. It sounded so much more serious but he just wanted to tell him his real name? Why couldn’t he have just done that with the rest of them there? Maybe they didn’t know and he only told him? Awwwww, that made his tummy feel funny. Then again, what if this was some kind of test? What if he was testing her to see if she would respect his privacy?

P>Alejandra: “Eh? Your IRL name? Is that really okay?”
P>Kronok: “Yes, you don’t need to tell me yours, but I only ask you don’t laugh or make fun of mine.”

He really wanted to know his name now. He should have known Kronny would never test him like that, he was a genuinely good guy. Though, he wondered why he would laugh? What kind of name did he have that could be considered funny? Well no matter what Alejandro promised to not make fun of him.

P>Alejandra: “I wouldn’t dream of it.”
P>Kronok: “Oh, that’s good. I worry sometimes how people will view me when they know. Anyway, my name is Magnus.”

That took him off guard. Magnus? What kind of name was that? Still he had promised not to say anything mean.

P>Alejandra: “That’s an interesting name.”
P>Kronok: “Well, my parents were a bit eccentric. I rather like it, however. It fits my social status as well as my personality.”

Social status? Was he rich or something? Possibly some kind of royalty? He did talk in a very unusual way. Was it his upbringing? Alejandro was burning with questions.

P>Alejandra: “I see, wait social status? What do you mean?”
P>Kronok: “I’m… a bit well off we’ll say. Don’t worry I’m not trying to seduce you or anything with my wealth. I simply wanted to come clean.”
P>Alejandra: “That’s a lot to take in.”
P>Kronok: “I must ask something more of you too, I’m afraid. I told you I wouldn’t make you tell me your name or anything, but I find myself a bit of a liar. I wish to know your real name Alejandra.”
P>Alejandra: “Why?”
P>Kronok: “Because, I must admit. I’m falling for you.”

Those words set a strange cocktail of hormones, embarrassment, and butterflies in his stomach. Why was he telling him this? How could he deal with this? Kronny expects a girl and he’s… not one. He’s just pretending.

P>Alejandra: “I… I see.”
P>Kronok: “I know, I’m sorry, I don’t mean to make things awkward for you. I just… cannot help how I feel. The heart wants what it wants.”

The heart wants what it wants. That made him stop typing for a bit. What did Alejandro’s heart want? He didn’t know, so he went back to typing.

P>Alejandra: “I-I’ll think about it but umm my name is the same as my IGN. I know that’s kind of lame but I guess I was just kind of being uncreative. Sorry if that disappoints you. It’s nothing like a handsome and regal name like Magnus.”

He felt bad for lying, he couldn’t really tell him his name was Alejandro though. He’d break Magnus' heart.

P>Kronok: “Well, I think Alejandra is a beautiful name. It suits you.”

If only it was his real name, he wanted him to call his name beautiful too. He wasn’t sure why, but it was okay, he wasn’t gay or anything. It was just getting into character.

P>Kronok: “Would you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?”

There it was, he outright said it. There wasn’t much else to do other than to refusee, he had to refuse right? It was the right thing to do? Right?

P>Alejandra: Alejandra blushes “Th-Thank you. Though, I… I don’t know if I can accept anything like that.”

For a moment, Alejandro almost thought he saw Magnus, the real Magnus, shed a tear. Which was impossible because his real self was behind a computer screen. Not to mention he’d never seen what Magnus looked like. This role was really starting to do things to his head. Was it maybe time to stop doing it? Before he could answer himself, he got a hallucination of Magnus again. Short blonde hair, hazel eyes, beautiful tan skin. He also looked like he had quite the athletic physique, with muscles that made him feel protected for some reason. It was insane, he shouldn’t be pretending to imagine someone’s IRL self. Though thinking on it, it looked a lot like his character Kronok, just an awkward teenage boy version. Though he was kinda cute. There wasn’t anything wrong with thinking he was either. He wasn’t gay.

P>Kronok: “I… I see. That is okay, perhaps it hasn’t been long enough, or I had misread your signs. I apologize for making you uncomfortable. I never meant to do so.”
P>Alejandra: “I also am sorry. I uhh, should I stop calling you Kronny? I never meant to lead you on or anything, I just thought it was cute.”
P>Kronok: “NO!” 

His response he typed was incredibly fast after Alejandro’s own. It was okay, because he didn’t want to stop calling him Kronny either. But he couldn’t help but feel as if he might hurt him by doing so.

P>Kronok: “Sorry, no, it’s fine. Kronny is a wonderful nickname. I would like it if you’d keep calling me that.”
P>Alejandra: “Oh, okay, you sure it won’t cause you pain?”
P>Kronok: “Quite the opposite. I know now that you are not into me as I am into you, but that doesn’t mean we can’t be friends. At least… is that okay? To continue our friendship? I would be devastated if I caused you discomfort to the point of wanting to leave.”

He thought for a moment, could he be friends with him? Also … why did those words hurt? Did he not want to be his friend? Did he want to leave? No, quite the opposite, he wanted to stay and be with Kronok some more, to play with him some more. He wasn’t quite sure why, or what he was feeling, he just knew he didn’t want to leave. Friends felt… wrong, but how else could he do so? Teammate seemed too cold, too impersonal. No, friends would have to do.

P>Alejandra: “Of course, Kronny. I definitely consider us close, so friends makes a lot of sense.”
P>Kronok: “I see. Well then, let’s get back to the others. I am sure they are waiting.”

“Alejandro, it’s dinner time. You aren’t skipping this one.” His Tia yelled from the other side of the door. He nearly fell out of his chair.

P>Alejandra: “Oh, crud, sorry my Tia is calling me for dinner. I can’t get out of it this time.”
P>Kronok: “Get out of it? Alejandra have you been skipping meals for our time together? Don’t do that, you could hurt yourself!”
P>Alejandra: “I… well I really wanted to play with you all and get better and level up so I can join you in raids…”
P>Kronok: “I forbid it. From now on you must eat when you need to eat. I cannot have you ending up in the hospital just because you want to help us. What good would you be to anyone then? To yourself, to Tellera and Mischievos… and to me?”

At the mention of he wouldn’t be any good to Kronok, he felt a pang in his chest. He couldn’t let it end like that!

P>Alejandra: “... okay. I’ll go eat. I’m sorry.”
P>Kronok: “Good girl.” Kronok smiled at Alejandra.

Alejandro’s cheeks turned red as he logged off.

“Alejandro, get  down here this instant or I’m coming upstairs.”

“Coming Tia! I’ll be right there! Sorry!” He ran down stairs to get his food. He ate in silence, afraid to upset his Tia, when she broke the silence.

“Alejandro, you’re going to bed early tonight. I work hard to make food for you and you care more about your game.”

He wanted to ignore her but something... changed inside of him. Tears filled his eyes and he looked at her. “I’m so sorry Tia. I’ll be better, I know I’ve been a pain in the butt for you and been really lazy and stuff but you don’t deserve that and I’m so sorry!”

He saw the look in her eyes and could tell she was in shock and didn’t know how to handle this. “Alejandro, don’t cry. I accept your apology. It’s okay, tomorrow you can play your game again, okay?”

He sniffled and nodded, then ate the wonderful food she made. After eating he went to sleep with a smile. This time his dreams involved the Magnus from his imagination. He was with him, and they were at a night time ball. Oddly though Alejandro looked more like his character, and he was wearing a beautiful lime ball gown. Magnus was wearing a black tux that looked smart on him. Dream Magnus walked over to Alejandro, and as he got close he saw his eyes shiver with gold then Dream Magnus wrapped his arms around him, and whispered into his ear. “I’ll explain everything soon.” Then everything faded into blackness.

Chapter 4: The truth and the homecoming

 

This last week he’d been on much better behavior with his Tia, and their relationship seemed to improve. He found himself wanting to be sweeter with her, kinder with her. Calmer and more attentive. He also found himself more emotional around her. She also demanded he eat with her more, so every meal he had been forced to eat with her, though he found himself enjoying it. He wanted Kronny to call him a good girl again so he behaved very well with her. Everything was so he could be with Kronny. The best part was he’d finally caught up and was raid ready. In fact he’d already done a few raids with his group. They had to keep picking up random DPS for their fifth and final position for each raid, but luckily their four way teamwork usually was enough to beat anything, as long as the rando could at least do a little bit of DPS. They moved like a well oiled machine, and Alejandro was a master at keeping even Leeeeeeroy Jeeeeenkins type DPS up and kicking. It was the perfect match for him.

Unfortunately, however, when he woke up this morning everything was going to change. He headed to breakfast, his Tia made him pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausages. It looked delicious, he swept his hands under him as if he was wearing the dress his character wore and gingerly sat down. He extended his pinkie while drinking some nice raspberry tea.

“Alejandro, it’s been two weeks. Your parents informed me that they should be home tonight.”

“O-Oh.” His parents! He had been so focused on his games and making sure to be the good girl that Kronny could be proud of that he had completely forgotten about them, also about his punishment.

“You can keep playing your games but … you might want to work on your behaviors. You’ve been acting very femininely lately. I don’t care, but your father is very old fashioned and won’t tolerate you being gay..” She warned. He raised his own eyebrow. Gay? How was he gay? That accusation seemed a bit out there. What kind of girl did she think he was?

“Uhh, okay, sorry.”

“Good boy. I’ll see you in six more hours for dinner. Go have fun.”

He set to washing the dishes, despite not being asked to, just like he had the past week. He had to be a good girl, be responsible, otherwise Kronny wouldn’t praise him.

“You didn’t have to do that Alejandro, you’ve become quite the little homemaker lately. I don’t know what’s gotten into you but I like this new side of you. You seem a lot happier.”

He blushed by her statement, then set the washed dishes in the dish drainer. “Thank you Tia.”

“I’ll finish drying them, go play your games, I know you’ve been wanting to.”

He didn’t have to be told twice. He booked it to his room and logged in. As soon as he did he was greeted by his friends on guild chat. They had accepted him recently so he was really glad. The Midnight Menagerie, it was obviously named by Magnus. He was such a silly guy.

G>Tellera: “Hey girl, it’s good to see you back on. Me and Mischievos were just doing some duo questing.”
G>Mischievos: “We asked Kronok to come with us but he was waiting all day for you. He is afk right now, probably sulking and suffering from not having his daily dose of you.”
G>Tellera: “Mischie! Don’t be a **** or I’ll kick you in the **** when I come over tonight.”
G>Mischievos: “Eeep! Don’t do that Tellera, I’ll be good! I promise.”
G>Tellera: “You’d better.”
G>Mischievos: “I will, in fact I’ll call him right now. Give me a sec.”

That took Alejandro for a loop. We’re they both in the same school? Did they both go to his school? Tellera also seemed to be friends with them, did she also go to the same school? Had he just doomed his entire life? It didn’t feel that way, not in his heart, but still his brain made him a little afraid, so he had to make sure.

G>Alejandra: “He knows him IRL?”
G>Tellera: “Yeah, sorry we never told you that, Kronok is his younger brother.”

Alejandro was dumbfounded. Mischievos and Magnus were related? Though that was a better outcome than he was thinking, wait, he was the younger brother? Did he also have some kind of fancy name?

G>Tellera: “I bet you’re thinking of what his real name is. It’s Leonardo. Their family has weird rich people names for them. I don’t mind though, Lee Lee takes me to all kinds of nice places.”

All kinds of places… it finally clicked in Alejandro’s head.

G>Alejandra: “You’re dating?”
G>Tellera: “It wasn’t obvious? Yeah, and in case you are wondering, I’m not in school like you. I’m in my twenties, so is Lee Lee. Kronok really is your age though, so don’t worry he’s not like some creepy old guy or anything. I’ve met him, he’s very handsome for his age.”

Alejandro was relieved he wasn’t a creepy old guy. The idea of Kronny being some kind of predator made his heart hurt. Though it was interesting to learn that Mischievos and Tellera were dating, and adults. Though her last words definitely had the most impact on him.

G>Alejandra: “He’s really that handsome?”
G>Tellera: “Absolutely, he’s perfect for you. Just remember, this was for the best. Everything that’s happened has made your life better. It certainly was for me too. I used to be a real jerk, kinda a creeper too, but now look at me.”

Alejandro was a bit confused. Women could be creepers? He thought only men could be that? Her words though, they felt kinda ominous. What could she have meant by everything that has happened made his life better?

G>Kronok: “Alejandra! It’s so good to see you on. I’ve been waiting for you. I… have something to tell you. Something I need to confess.”
G>Mischievos: “Is it time to come clean? Are you sure she’s ready?”
G>Tellera: “She’s a tough girl, she can handle it.”

Alejandro was a bit stumped, why were they talking this way. Was there really that big of a secret?

G>Kronok: “First, I should explain my true nature. I’m a Lycanthrope.”
G>Mischievos: “As am I.”
G>Tellera: “Same, girl.”

His mind was aswirl with thoughts, wasn’t this entire game built on how Lycanthropes were evil, and that they’d try to charm you? That they could take on many forms, but also they were only NPCs. There wasn’t a way that these people could b e some kind of advanced robot, was there? No, that was just silly.

G>Alejandra: “Then… how are you playing this game? I thought players can’t be Lycanthropes?”
G>Kronok: “They… can when your father is the one who makes the game.”

Alejandro just kept getting reveal after reveal. Magnus was the son of the creator of Silver Bullet!? Was this all a trick just to get his hopes up? Did he enjoy making a girl think he loved him, only to crash his dreams against the rocks? What even was last week then?

G>Alejandra: “So, what, you’ve just all been tricking me, are you going to kick me out of your guild now? Abandon me?”
G>Kronok: “Of course not! I want you to join us!”
G>Alejandra: “Join you… how? I’m a player character, I can’t just become a Lycanthrope.”
G>Kronok: “What if you could? Would you want to?”

Was it really possible to just become a Lycanthrope? That didn’t even make sense, but…

G>Alejandra: “Even if it were possible, how would I?”
G>Kronok: “Become my girlfriend, I’d convert you.”
G>Tellera: “We all know you’re smitten with him, like if you say you’re not you’re a complete liar.”

Those words hit him like a freight train. Because it was true, he did like Kronok, a lot. The only problem was, he was lying too, he was keeping things from them too. He couldn’t possibly keep this ruse up any more. He realized it was time to come clean.

G>Alejandra: “What if I was lying, but not in that way… if I wasn’t who I said I was?”
G>Kronok: “What do you mean?”
G>Alejandra: “What if I had secrets too? Secrets I was afraid you’d all find out…”
G>Kronok: “Alejandra, I’m falling in love with you, there is nothing you could have hidden from me that I couldn’t accept. I think you’re a wonderful girl and I’d love to get to know you more.”

If only that were true, Kronny, Mischievos and Tellera were all going to hate him once he told the truth. His hands shook as he bit his lip and placed his hands back on the keyboard.

G>Alejandra: “I’m going to say some things, and I want you to listen, you can yell at me or hate me later but let me say all of them.”
G>Kronok: “Okay. I promise I’ll wait and keep my emotions in check.”
G>Alejandra: “My name isn’t Alejandra… it’s Alejandro. I … I’m not a girl, not really. I’m unfortunately a boy.”

Alejandro felt tears fall from his eyes as he typed each word. They only increased as he continued.

G>Alejandra: “I got in trouble with my parents, really bad trouble, and so they punished me by making me stuck in our house until they got home from their vacation. To kill my boredom I looked for something to do, then I got a special invite for this game from an email. I really did tell the truth though about the character customization when we first met Kronny. I don’t know how or why but I just lost so much time. I was so invested.”
G>Alejandra: “At first… I… please don’t hate me but I just wanted to live an easy life. I just wanted to be lazy like I was before, I wanted to coast on by so when I saw you defending me. I … wanted to trick you into helping me so I could get out of there. I especially wanted to after you mentioned that Marygeewanna person being banned.”

He felt immense guilt about that. He was just using them, was he still just using them? He really wasn’t, but what if they felt he was?

G>Mischievos: Mischievos smirked.
G>Tellera: “Don’t be an *** Lee Lee, she’s confessing from her heart.”
G>Mischievos: “I know, just… well you know why I’m smirking about that name.”
G>Tellera: “Not now, shut up.”

Despite their little interruption, Kronok remained silent. So he continued.

G>Alejandra: “At first, that’s really what it was, but… something changed. Something about you Kronny and Mischievos and Tellera, just made me want to actually try. I didn’t want to just sit back and heal, I really really wanted to be a valuable member. So for the first time in my life I worked hard. Really really hard.”

It was true, he’d shocked even himself. Never in his life had he applied himself to something so wholeheartedly.

G>Alejandra: “Then, I really started to fall for you Kronny. I wanted to accept you the first time you asked me out, but … I’m a fraud. I’m not a real girl. I’m just some dumb latino boy who was too stupid to pass the eight grade.”

There wasn’t a dry key on his keyboard, the tears poured like rain. It was over, but he decided to give them the last truth. He deserved their hatred, especially Kronny. Somewhere in his heart though he hoped that wouldn’t happen but reality was never that nice.

G>Alejandra: “Now my family is coming home tonight, and I am afraid of what might happen. They did put me in this situation to begin with. They went on a two week vacation to a theme park and I was forced to stay here with my Tia. Though… it definitely was worth it, anyway. That’s the truth, I’m… very sorry and I hope you don’t all hate me, especially you Kronny, but if you do I’ll go and you’ll never hear from me again.”

He waited with baited breath for Kronny’s reply.

G>Mischievos: “Well, seems you aren’t the only one with large secrets, now is she little brother?”

More secrets? What more could he possibly have? She knew he was the son of the creator of the game. She knew he was rich, and now she knew how. She also knew his name was Magnus. How could there possibly be more?

G>Alejandra: “What, there’s stuff you haven’t said too?”
G>Kronok: “Do you remember the first time you logged in?”
G>Alejandra: “Yeah, I met you in all chat.”
G>Kronok: “No, I mean the very first time… when you left the log cabin?”
G>Alejandra: “Yeah, when I got attacked by that wolf creature? The Cutscene?”
G>Kronok: “Alejandra, that was me. Not only that, your dreams of that boy, that also was me.”

Alejandro was in shock. How could that be? How could he be a cutscene and also be that boy from his dreams. That was impossible! He was lying, though how could he have known about that?

G>Kronok: “I can sense you are in doubt, well I will say you looked absolutely beautiful in that green ball gown.”
G>Alejandra: “Is this some kind of sick joke? Are you trying to tell me you have magick powers or something?”
G>Kronok: “That’s exactly what I’m saying. My family aren’t just Lycanthropes in game… we’re Lycanthropes in real life too.”
G>Kronok: “So trust me when I say, you can still be my girlfriend. If you would have me.”

He was speaking nonsense, but… if it was true, maybe…

G>Alejandra: “That’s insane. This is impossible, I… how?”
G>Kronok: “Do you remember the name I mentioned to those two ruffians? Marygeewanna? I wasn’t telling the full truth.”
G>Mischievos: “Let me take care of that. The man known as Marygeewanna is no more, but who he used to be is with us right now. Isn’t that right, Tellera?”
G>Tellera: “LEE LEE! You can’t just say stuff like that! Ugh don’t remind me of that hideous name, it was awful and I never want to be a jerk like him again. I’m much better now as a woman.”

Alejandro was even more confused now. Was this some kind of sick trick? Tellera was doing the same as him?

G>Alejandra: “So, you’re a guy?”
G>Tellera: “Technically was a guy. If Lee Lee decides to man up and ask me to marry him, maybe even someday I’ll give him children of his own.”
G>Mischievos: “T-Tellera! You can’t just say stuff like that, it’s embarrassing!”

Alejandro wasn’t sure what to make of that. Was Tellera really a guy before? Did she have those hormones and surgery his papa ranted about before? He couldn’t see her as a guy at all, it was impossible she ever was one in his mind.

G>Alejandra: “I… I don’t understand.”
G>Kronok: “If you agree to become my girlfriend, you will.”

Alejandro wanted to be his girlfriend so bad. He left his hand on his keyboard for what felt like an eternity. He was about to answer when he heard the familiar ding of the doorbell. It didn’t help his confusing thoughts of how a boy could be a girlfriend. He wouldn’t get the chance to finish sorting those feelings or thoughts though.

“Alejandro, come downstairs, your parents are here, they want to talk to you.” His Tia called from downstairs.

G>Alejandra: “I have to go. I’ll be right back, my Tia is calling for me.”
G>Kronok: “Okay, I’ll await your answer.”

He took a deep breath. His emotions were all over the place right now, but he’d have to keep them in check. “Coming, Tia!” He walked down and there were his parents. His mama was holding onto his papa’s arm.

“Alejandro, we came home a little bit early to give you exciting news.” he said. “We’ve decided to send you to a young man’s private school.”

“Wh-what, why would you send me to private school?”

“You were a complete and utter failure in public school, clearly their education was too loose. You require a firmer hand. Pack your bags, you leave tomorrow for their summer extra credit program. You’ll be living there from now on for the next few years, until you graduate.”

He was in shock. “What, you can’t do that. I can’t just up and leave, what about my friends?”

“You’ll make new friends, healthier ones, ones which aren’t just online. Valentina told us that you’ve been spending an inordinate amount of time on that game. Those people are not your real friends, Alejandro. This will be good for you, you’ll see.”

“Bu-but you can’t do that. That’s not fair!” Tears welled up in his eyes and his Tia sighed.

“Are you … crying? You are a young man, young men do not cry.”

“He’s been quite helpful, even helped me with the dishes Santiago. Maybe you could be a little kinder to him. He’s trying to be better.”

“So you’re telling me he’s been engaging in women’s work too? Valentina you are a poor influence on him. I allowed you to oversee his punishment, I didn’t expect you to make him into a homosexual.”

“Santiago, that's not fair at all, Merida, please, reason with him.”

“I have to go with my husband, Valentina. In fact, all I see is that I gave birth to a disappointment and a disgrace.”

This conversation sent an arrow to his heart. He was being forced to go to an all boys private school, his aunt protected him but his mother... How could she say that? He felt betrayed.

“Get to your room, I’m locking the door and not letting you out until the morning. I will give you one hour to say goodbye to your online ‘friends.’ After that I’m taking away your computer.”

“But you can’t do that! What am I supposed to do?”

“Make it twenty minutes.” He pulled back the sleeve of his shirt and tapped his watch. “Better get going.”

Alejandro ran up the stairs towards his room. He locked his door, and jumped into his computer seat. Then frantically typed.

G>Alejandra: “My parents are home, they're sending me to an all boys boarding school. Tia tried to stop him, but mama… mama said I’m a disgrace…. papa’s shutting off the internet in twenty minutes. I’m going to be stuck in here without being able to talk to any of you then you’re going to be gone from me forever. I’m so sorry!”
G>Kronok: “NO! I won’t lose you! Alejandra please, just be my girlfriend!”
G>Alejandra: “I… I want to. So bad, I want to.”
G>Kronok: “Then say yes.”

Alejandro heard his father’s footsteps approaching. He had no time, his father said twenty minutes, he looked at the clock and it had only been five. He knew what he had to do.

G>Alejandra: “Yes, a million times yes.”
G>Kronok: “Then I’ll save you. My lovely Alejandra. Do not fret, I’ll be there soon.”

Alejandro watched as the screen shot off, his father having pulled the plug.

“That’s enough of that nonsense. See you in the morning.”

He watched his father pick up his computer and take it away. The door shut, and he heard it lock. He was stuck inside his room once more, this time with nothing to do, with no one. Kronny… no, Magnus said he’d save him. He wanted Magnus to save her. She wanted more than anything for him to save her. What felt like hours passed as she suddenly heard a loud noise. The sound like a door being shoved open.

“What in the, who are you?” Her father’s voice said.

“I’m here to save my Alejandra.” A young man’s voice said. His voice was regal, latino, and heavily accented.

“Oh, you’re the faggot that tried to corrupt my son? Get out of here, before I call the police.”

“The police won’t be fast enough. You have one opportunity to let her go, ruffian, or else.” She started to wonder, was that… Magnus? Had he really come to save her?

“I do not listen to threats from a boy. Especially queer ones. My son Alejandro will not be going anywhere with you.”

“You have insulted my lady enough. For that, you must pay.” A feral roar erupted downstairs quickly followed by sickening squelch and a splatter.

“You, you killed him! You fucking monster! You killed my husband!”

“Get out of my way, I’m here for my Alejandra, no one else.” His voice retained that heavily accented regal tone, but also had a bit of a growl to it. Which made it sound almost inhuman.

“You’re a monster, a demon! A servant of Satan!” He heard the sound of a gun go off.

“You have made your choice, I do hope you can live with it, what’s left of your life anyway.” Another splatter and crunch, and Alejandra realized her mother was now also dead. Oddly though, even though her parents were just killed, she didn’t seem too upset.

“P-Please… please don’t hurt me! Please!” His Tia begged.

“I won’t, you treated my Alejandra well, instead of hurting you. I will offer you to join us. I am taking her with me, you may come along. If you wish.”

She didn’t hear her response, instead she heard the sounds of footsteps coming up. “My fair lady, please stay back and away from the door.”

At his request she backed up. The door’s hinges squeaked as they bent and broke, and within a matter of seconds it fell to the floor with a loud thud. In front of her stood an exact replica of that wolf from the game. He wasn’t lying, he really was a Lycanthrope. His Tia seemed to be behind him, shivering. She apparently accepted his proposal, which made Alejandra smile, she loved her Tia.

“I am sorry it took so long, I had to do a bit of tracking to find you. Do not worry about transportation, Leonardo and Jasmine are both here. Oh, yes, Jasmine is Tellera’s real name. She had a different name before as you are aware, but that’s neither here nor there.” He held out his paw to her. “Come, let’s get out of here.”

Alejandra reached for his paw, but couldn’t bring herself to grasp it. “How can I? Look at me, I’m ugly, I’m hideous, I'm nothing like that pretty girl online.”

He stood still for a moment, then sighed. “Oh Alejandra, that doesn’t matter. That beautiful girl is still in front of me. Let me show you.” He moved upon her and she didn’t resist. He bit into her neck and a miraculous transformation occurred. She felt her entire DNA rewrite, but oddly it didn’t hurt. Though she didn’t expect to gain rabbit ears, tail, and fur.

“As you requested, you too are a Lycanthrope now, we are not all wolves, just like the game told you. My brother is a cat, and Jasmine is a mouse. Though, now you can see the girl I saw in you the first day you made your character. The potential was always there, I simply had to make some adjustments to let her out.”

“Y-You’re a girl, and a bunny?” Her Tia said, dumbfounded. She nodded and smiled.

“Yes, she is, however, Alejandra, come. It’s time to go.”

Magnus held out his paw once more, and she took it. He led her out the fallen door, past the corpses of his dead parents. It should have bothered her, but something inside her couldn’t be bothered to care, Magnus was all that mattered. She walked outside with Magnus’ paw in hers, and Her Tia close behind her. She started this journey friendless, alone and in a cage. Now with the power of love—whether manufactured or true—she was set free to an unknown future. One thing was for certain, she’d never be put into solitary confinement again. Magnus would make sure of it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Immersion studios? Who were they? I wonder why they picked Alejandra?” Stella asked. “And those two jerks, what happened to them?”
Jose shrugged. “Maybe the same thing that happened to Maryjeewanna?” He was avoiding the previous question.

Amanda smirked. “Seems like justice to me.”

Flora looked concerned. “So, was Alejnyandra an egg? Did she even like boys originyally?”

Suddenly Jose’s body rippled like raindrops on a pond and in his place was a young girl with his same light brown complexion. The girl in his place had a similar face, same age, she could have been his twin sister, she had the same long brown hair as well. It was held back by a nice sun hat that matched her pink sundress and strappy flip flops.

“I don’t know, does it matter?” She asked, looking up from filing her nails.

“Nyeh!? Jose?” Flora’s feline voice rang with concern.

The girl giggled. “Whose Jose? I’m Aelia.”

“... was this a documentary? Were you Alejandra?” Asked Eve.

“Don’t be ridiculous, my name is Aelia not Alejandra as I’ve stated. Anyway, someone else go, My boyfriend is picking me up soon. We’ve got an ingame raid with his brother and his wife and I can’t wait to get some sweet loot..”

20