Chapter 10: Inverse Reality
156 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Diana's gaze was cold as she stared at Aargon with a gaze that would make most people cower. 

Aargon, who sat on the other side of the cavern remained calm in the face of her aggression, and continued to polish the long sword in his right hand.

"Hello Diana!" Josephine greeted as she and Cynthia approached.

"Huh...? Oh, hey Josephine how's it been?" Diana asked after she managed to pull her gaze away from Aargon, a pleasant smile spreading across her face.

"Its been well. And you? Are you still thinking up ways to kill our brother?" Josephine asked in a playful manner as she gestured towards Aargon. A transparent barrier of blue light spread outwards from her body and isolated them from the rest as their conversation progressed.

"What you don't think I will?" Diana asked, her arms folded.

"No, I don't." Josephine shook her head gently.

"And why is that?"

"First let me ask you this; How many times have the two of you tried to kill one another, and amongst those times; how many times has one of you placed the other on the brink of True Death?" Josephine looked her sister in the eyes and asked inquisitively.

"Countless times, and every single time, what's your point Jo?" A serious light appeared in her eyes as Diana answered her sister's questions.

"My point, is that I don't think either of you actually wants to kill the other, I think you're simply carrying on the vendettas of your father,s, and neither of you will truly ever go through with it. And I think that Aargon has already come to this conclusion and that is why he seems so calm." Josephine turned to look at her brother whi was still polishing his sword with concise movements.

"Nonsense! I want nothing more than to kill that narsassitic asshole! And the reason he looks so calm is because he gets to look at his own relflection in that damn blade of his!" Diana denied as killing intent made itself apparent and a formless pressure came down on her surroundings and the temperature skyrocketed.

She had long since reached the 6th Tier of cultivation and her World Tree was already stable enough to become the foundation for her Internal World. This endowed her with both, a seemingly endless supply of Divinity, masterful control over her Authority. When she exerted this power her aura completely suppressed the surrounding space and caused the flow of air to stagnate as the temperature rose explosively.

As a result, Cynthia who had merely taken her first step on the path of cultivation, felt a massive threat of death as Diana's aura swept over her.

Her completion quickly paled as her breathing hastened.

The barrier surrounding them gained visible cracks as Diana's aura wrecked havoc on their surroundings.

"Sister, I in no way question our brother's narcissism. But it is obvious that their is something more to his calmness, and look at yourself. Would you truly become this heated if some part of you didn't think their was some truth to what I said. If you really believe your own words, you must be naive dear sister. And yet, I don't believe that you are." Josephine's tone remained calm as she slightly waved her hand, dissipating Diana's aura, allowing Cynthia's breathing to ease.

Her own aura then became prevalent, wrapping around them, like gentle waves.

Sounds of the ocean tickled their ears as the air gained a slightly salty smell.

The barrier of blue light which she had released earlier mended itself as complex Runes spread across its surface.

Her previous aura of aggression gone, Diana looked at Josephine in shock and stutteringly spoke; "Y-you've reached the 8th Tier already!?"

Cynthia's expression lit aglow as stars appeared in her eyes as she looked on for confirmation of Diana's conjecture.

However, as Josephine attempted to respond to their questioning looks; sound ceased to function as it had just moments prior, and the color spectrum was switched on its head as The Laws of Reality seemes to change completely. 

They weren't they only ones to feel this sudden change as Aphrodite and the rest of her children turned their gazes to the pool in the cavern's center.

 Josephine, Cynthia, and Diana turned their attention to the pool's center aswell as the barrier that Josephine had previously erected crumbled apart into countless motes of dissipating light.

Though they still couldn't get a clear picture of what took place beyound the barrier surrounding the pool; they could see massive, snake-like streaks of red-colored lightning moving back and forth within 

***

A few moments prior...

When Primrose's Anima returned to her body her Bloodline was in the final stages of its Awakening. 

Her appearance was now fully mature and was almost identical to the one she had in her and Basil's shared mental world. The only differences were the two pairs of membraneous dragon wings covered in scarlet-colored scales carrying a metallic luster, and a draconic tail extending from her waist.

Her wings were currently wrapped around her body like a cocoon.

A quick look over of her body told her that all her Bloodline needed to complete its Awakening was a final infusion of Divinity, and with its Awakening her Ruhk would naturally form.

She moved her soul and pure Mana saturated her body as Origin Qi cycled through her meridians at high speeds.

Her body began to glow with red light as red streaks of lightning appeared around her and space began to tremble ever so slightly.

The Mana and Origin Qi then began to fuse into one, forming countless strands of Divinity, that cycled through her meridians, fortifying both her flesh and soul.

Her mind became clearer and each of her cells seemed to scream with joy as her Soul reached an entirely new level of connectivity with her body, the two now inseparable.

Her breathing slowed as her blood began to boil and runic markings spread across the surface of her skin.

She once more moved her Soul and channeled her Divinity to the center of her forhead and began the process of forming her Ruhk. 

A rhombus-shaped crystal possessing a ruby-red color emerged from her skull as meridians connecting it to the rest of her body took shape aswell. 

The process was soon complete and her aura rapidly climbed as space became phantasmal. The laws of existence seem to change as colors faded and Reality submitted itself before her.

"So this is the full power of my Bloodline..." She spoke as she softly opened her eyes and spread her wings apart.

Her gaze was piercing and a red light flashed about in her eyes.

She glanced down at the runic markings covering her arms before clenching her delicate fingers into fists. She felt power thrum within her.

She furled her wings and observed her surroundings.

She was standing in the air above the circular platform as clouds of Mana and Origin Qi whipped around her at high speeds.

Red streaks of lightning, which possessed the power to destroy Reality flashed about as a result of her mere presence.

She waved her hand and lightning swiftly gathered in her palm, forming a spear identically to the ones she he had used to fight Basil in their mental world.

She proceeded to twirl the spear about, her naked form moving gracefully through the air. The spear left black lines in space which linked together and destroyed what little stability the surrounding space had left.

As she flitted about at a speed above sound, her body continued to absorb vast quantities of ambient Mana and Origin Qi. She fused the two together in order to create more Divinity which in turn flowed through her meridians, further strengthening her body and Soul.

She soon came to a stop at the pool's center once more and spoke; "Itis as we speculated. Or mental world may appear perfect at a surface glance, but it is truly lacking in comparison to Reality..."

The spatial tears had already begun the process of mending themselves, even when subjected to her Authority, which targeted Reality.

"Let's try this then..." She began as she held her spear vertically before her, grasping it with both hands and unfurling her wings. 

She channeled her Divinity amd began to activate one of the Inherent Abilities her Bloodline had given her; Inverse Reality.

Her Ruhk emitted a brilliant red-light as the countless streaks of lightning surrounding her formed a complex pattern.

When they did, the previous affects her presence had on her surroundings was multiplied by a hundred. 

Sound ceased to exist, the color spectrum underwent complete upheaval, the flow of time became chaotic, gravity was in flux, and the existence of space itself was subject to her whims. 

It was a this time that Josephine and the others felt a fundamental change in Reality.

As they attempted to gaze through the barrier surrounding the pool, it began to crack as Primrose's aura bombarded it.

As the cracks spread across the barrier they felt the suppressive for of Primrose's aura and everyone besides Josephine and Aphrodite felt their cultivations rapidly fall, as they were placed under a seal.

They attempted to resist by releasing Divinity from their bodies hand using their own Authorities, yet they could do nothing to stop it.

Cynthia looked on in both fear and all as her siblings faced such suppression from Primrose, who had been born mere hours ago.

At the 8th Tier one could project the Internal World they had established onto the external. They could also draw nearly limitless power from it in order to alter their surrounding environment with a single thought. 

Such power allowed Josephine to remain calm as she looked upon the unfolding situation, countless running through her mind.

Diana and the others on the other hand, expressed no small amount of fear at Primrose's sealing of their Cultivations and altering of Reality mere hours after birth. A single thought running through all of their minds; "She's a monster!!!"

Aphrodite who could see everything that transpired on the other side of the barrier, was surprised aswell. But, she was also experiencing no small measure of excitement as she murmured; " This bodes very well for the future of Olympus."

Her daughter's aura did nothing to inhibit her as she had long since become someone a comparable to a veteran of the 9th Tier.

3