Chapter 35 ~ The City at Night
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Alfred in tow, we went inside my room. After preparing the table and enough chairs for three people, we sat down and started discussing what the timetable should look like.

"Now then, what kind of timetable would you like to make, young master?"

"Something casual," I replied.

"That also keeps traditional values," Ciel added, recalling what the Duke said.

Alfred thought to himself, looks like young miss Ciel knew that tradition and rites are a must, for something like a wedding to be in order. He secretly nodded, expressing his acknowledgement to the young miss. However, this much was not enough to completely win him over.

"What else?" the head butler asked.

"I think that's it, Alfred. Since we must always keep the schedule open in order to have enough time for contingencies, though I doubt we'll have any."

"As expected of the young master, but it's always better to prepare. What do you think, young miss?"

"I think since we're just going to invite our friends, we don't have to keep up appearances. We'll just have fun, and party through the night," she replied.

"I see. It's a novel idea of a wedding's timetable, but since its purpose was to have fun with friends, then that's good enough."

"Layne always tells me that the right decision, in the right time and place, is the key to doing things correctly."

What's this? Alfred mulled. At first, he thought this young miss only wanted to have fun, but she admitted she come to that conclusion from following the young master's train of thought. She had enough humility to refer to the young master, and enough wisdom to use what his young master taught her, practically. Young master, you truly chose the best. This Alfred can now stop his worry.

"Alfred? Hey, Alfred?" I called the head butler who clearly had his head in the clouds.

Snapping out of his reverie, he quickly replied to me. "Ahem, excuse me young master, I was deep in thought.

"Well, it's okay. Now, the timetable itself will look something like this, right?"

I pass him the paper that Ciel and I wrote.

"Hmm, after the sunset you will take the invitees to the manor grounds where there should already be appetizers and beverages ready. While they drink and ate the snacks you will ask the young miss' grandfather to be the officiate. And right after that, before the main course was to be distributed, you and the young miss will take the wedding vows."

"What do you think? I asked."

"I believe you might want to change the way the dishes were to be distributed, young master."

"I see, do you have any suggestions?"

"From both you and the young miss' words, you wanted this wedding to be casual, right? If so, then you might want to use a buffet-style distribution instead. The invitees can take their own portions, and choose their own meal later. Of course, we'll also prepare enough chairs and tables for them, but they could also enjoy the party while standing."

Ciel thought for a moment, before saying, "that's a good idea. We could also stage a performance!"

Getting what she was thinking, I replied, "you do the dancing…"

"And you do the singing!" she completed my words, before adding, "it's been a long time since I hear you sing. I can't really wait!"

Alfred, who was confused as to why the young master will sing, asked, "excuse me, young miss, what do you mean by making the young master sing?"

Ciel, who only wanted to have fun, replied to him with passion and fervour, "I meant what I said, I will dance and Layne will sing! You really have to hear him sing, Alfred, he's really that good at it."

Alfred, who was overwhelmed by the energy the young miss gave off, restructured his opinions of her. He prayed his young master had enough energy to calm the young miss down, as he hoped the best for this young couple.

"I believe that is all you needed for now, young master."

"Right, thank you, Alfred."

"You are welcome, young master."

With Alfred leaving the room, Ciel and I were free to discuss other matters, such as those pertaining to the Other Side. She put down a barrier that will block anyone else from entering, coupled with one that will beguile and lead others away from the room. Meanwhile, I created a one-way ring of silence using the law of sound that will not let any sound coming from us leak outside. I also used the law of mists and mirage to block any kind of scrying, by letting those who tried to do it see us playing chess and having fun.

"After we're done with morning training and the performance in the afternoon?" I asked.

Ciel, understanding what I meant, replied, "Yeah. First will be the vampires. We should root them out completely."

"The second one will be the mercenaries."

"The last one to be eradicated will be the Orthodoxy."

"It's going to be quite tight. But we'll make it work." I stated.

"Yeah, the performance we'll do daily in the afternoon should net you more believers. And we'll do all the stuff related to our wedding in the evening. Last, but not least, we'll find and tear them apart at night."

"As Alucard always said…" I started.

"We work in the dark, to serve the light," Ciel replied.

"For nothing is true, and everything is permitted."

We glanced outside towards the bustling city, full of light and joy from the festival. Vowing to protect them, we disappeared into the darkness of the night. The rush from sneaking away unseen made my heart beats, it reminded me of my time as an adventurer. Ciel must've felt the same, since the smile she always had on her adventuring days resurfaced, the smile of a predator.

"Let's meet Maria first," I stated.

"Then we could go vampire-hunting together, like the old days with Alucard," she commented.

Adding to her comment, she asked, "To the Dairy Lodge?"

"To the Dairy Lodge," I replied.

Thus, it was decided, that this very night, the Verse-Making Saint and the Dragonheart will make a comeback. One that only they shall know, laced with shadows in the dark, all for the sake of slow and happy life.

0