Chapter 39 ~ Vampire Exodus
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sleeping peacefully, I was woken up by Ciel who stayed true to her words. She was indeed there when I woke up, or rather, the reason I woke up. Dragging my still sleepy body to the training grounds, I was awakened by the sound of clashing steel.

Apparently, my elder sister thought of my skill rather highly. That's why she opted to use dulled steel sword for training, instead of the completely normal, boring, and safe wooden sword. She also increased my daily regimen of physical training, such as running, lifting weights, and all that good stuff.

Same with yesterday, I trained with my elder sister while Ciel had a mock battle with ser Robard.

We trained for an hour or two and went to the circus after bathing.

There, I noticed the crowd had increased in size. Even then, just when I was thinking of going through another path, they parted. They really can't wait to see our next performance, as do the circus troupe who were waiting for us to start.

Changing my clothes in order to fit with the troupe a bit better, the young ringmaster and the flame dancer were ready for the show.

Thus, we answered their wishes.

This time, I borrowed a lyre from my grandfather-in-law's wagon-house. The melody was smooth and relaxing, akin to a river of molten rocks flowing down from the volcano.

Ciel danced according to my tune, graceful, and slow, and full of life. She painted the image of a seed parting away the earth, birthing itself as a sapling, before finally blooming into a flower.

As she was dancing, I put down the lyre, letting it rest. With the melody echoing down the streets, I started my craft.

"To all members of the audience, close your ears with your palms forming a cup, and focus your eyes on the flame dancer," I said.

As they followed my movements, I asked.

"What did you hear?"

"You will hear a rising sound of a stream, one that will drown any cacophony of noise,"

I answered my own question.

"Fall deep into its sound; the rushing symbol of life, and listen close!"

Picking up the lyre, I started the melody anew. This time fast and thunderous. As if the calm sea was suddenly startled with waves and waves and waves of disturbance.

The audience, however, felt calm. Their eyes focused on the flame dancer, while the resounding music faded into the background of their mind.

As Ciel moved increasingly fast, so did the audience feel increasingly serene.

Feeling now was the right moment to stop, the raucous music slowly calmed down while the audience grew increasingly passionate, finally ending the performance with boisterous claps and cheers.

Like before, after I finished the performance, I started expounding my knowledge on performing, music, and all kinds of stuff. This was also the strategy I used back when I was just your friendly neighbourhood Verse-Creating Saint.

I felt my believers increasing, though it will still be a long time before I could advance to become a Regional Deity.

Hence, my day ended. My night, however, had just started.

Leaving behind a fake sleeping body, I made my way towards the Sewerhall, where I met up with Ciel as we separated after having fun playing around at the stalls.

There, we met with Maria who informed us of the information she managed to gather. She also brought her kins' answer regarding moving out.

"They agreed to move, and they're also ready to move anytime."

"How many want to go to the manor, and how many want to go to the circus?" I asked.

"A quarter wanted to work for the manor. They're the ones who already had an experience as a servant of a house, while the rest chose the circus as their destination."

"Ciel, is your side ready to take them?" I asked.

"Cirque du Ciel is ready for them." Ciel replied.

With that being decided, we exited the Sewerhall to the Eight Path district side of the Twin Bridge, while Maria went to her kin, fetching them.

=======

Allocer von Hohenheim watched his goddaughter with great interest from afar. He had tried to save the Lifeblood school of thought to no avail when his best friend, Alucard, died.

This time, it was Alucard's daughter who tried the same thing. However, instead of fighting head-on with the Council, she decided to hide instead.

So, he did what every (god)father should've done. Leave the kids alone while supporting them from the sides.

That's why he called for a Council meeting immediately, in order to give her time.

=======

The vampires had finally arrived in the Eight Path district. They looked anxious and afraid of the uncertain future.

The Lifeblood followers, unlike the Council's vampires, looked mundane. They wore what the common people wear, and they live their daily lives amongst the masses. Some worked as bakers, some worked as cobblers, some worked as tailors, and many more.

"Those who will work in the manor shall go with me, while those who will work in the circus shall go with her," I gestured to Ciel, instructing the vampires.

Saying our goodbyes to Maria, both of us separated, leading the vampires to their respective choices.

I used the control bead, asking my elder sister to inform father that the new butlers and maids will arrive soon.

As we arrived at the manor, Alfred was there to show the prospective maids and butlers their dorms. Checking each of their capabilities, he quickly gave out orders to the newly created night shift servants.

"What do you think of them, Alfred?" I walked up towards the head butler who was giving out orders.

"Ah, young master! They're truly great. They could certainly help around the manor, such as preparing the ingredients for the cook in the wee hours, or other similar things." he praised.

"That's good then, I'll entrust them to you."

"I'll do my best nurturing them, young master."

Leaving the vampires to Alfred, I went to my room thinking that I'll have to rent or buy a house somewhere after my marriage. A wagon-house like the one grandfather-in-law had seemed appealing to me. Not to mention, when the circus finally travelled to another place, the wagon-house will certainly be of help. Though it does have its own difficulties such as taking care of the draught animal.

With such thoughts appearing here and there in my mind, I would raise the subject to Ciel tomorrow.

Thus, the curtains closed as my eyelids fell, bringing me to the land of dreams.

0