The boy’s beginnings
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A sits on the roof thinking to himself as he stares at the city before him. 'It's been 5 years since I've been born, My parents had always called me a genius but reality is I'm not the heaven-defying genius they think I am, I just have a much more defined story than most other children. From the day I've been born I've been able to read the story that was provided to me like I've experienced it once before. The story was of a child named Kyto, Kyto was a very smart boy who had gone through the sufferings of the worst of them, from bullying to drunk and angry parents. One day he had decided that this life wasn't what he wanted and he had left his house and ran away and started pursuing the fantasy that was ancient martial arts. With the money that he had earned over the years that he had spent living under his abusive parents he had managed to travel across to another city and find work in a dojo as a cleaner and in his free time he spent learning martial arts from the teachers, Kyto never ended up reaching the pinnacle of power that was described as a legend where he'd be able to smash iron and bend the will of the world, but he did manage to reach the pinnacle of technique and patience which had allowed him to gain many skills and multiple times the wisdom a normal person would have. As I have inherited his story I've not only gained the techniques he used, I can now also combine the mana techniques we use in this world to make his dreams come true!' As Ethan sits there thinking about his future he hears his parents calling for him. "Ethan honey! Come down from there we have to introduce you to your new reading tutor!" As soon as Ethan hears that he groans as his memories from his past life always depicted learning as such a hard long and strenuous thing to do especially reading and writing. Even though Ethan realizes that in this world the meaning of reading and writing means something completely different because in this world reading and writing is the way for the people of this world to advance in strength and the subjects of the reading and writing are much more exciting and promotes much more thinking. Ethan sighs and calls back " Yes Mom! I'm coming down now!" and he climbs off the roof to go meet his teacher for the first time.
1 Month later
The reading teacher Elena walks into the makeshift classroom that was provided by Ethan's parents for homeschooling. "Ethan how has your reading level advance so far?" The teacher asks to inhabit even though she knows it's not necessary at this point.
Ethan responds happily. "I've reached rank 8 already Miss Elena!".
Miss Elena rolls her eyes as she looks tiredly at her student and says "Ethan if your ability to read increase anymore there will soon be no reason for me to be your teacher because you'd have exceeded me at that point.".
Ethan chuckles, "Well I enjoy Miss Elena's company no matter what even if it's not to teach me and just to be with me and help me".
Miss Elena rolls her eyes and just takes out the new books that she brought. "Your task now is to read these books and to comprehend the skills out of them so that in the future if you encounter these skills or get your hands on a story skill it'll be easier to learn."
Ethan giggles and grabs the books "Well as you know this will be no problem for me~. Oh yes! Miss Elena, did you finally get the orb to check my status' yet? I've finally become 5 years old so it should be that time right!?"
Miss Elena sighs as she pulls out a large transparent magical orb that projects floating texts that Ethan can't read. "This is the Orb of Identification, I had to go through hell and back to get one for you to use so you better appreciate it!"
Ethan's eyes are sparkling as he reaches for the orb. Miss Elena yanks the orb away as she puts a stern look on her face. "Let me explain this orb before you shatter it. This orb is a one-time use item and it'll give you the skill that allows you to view your status as well as show it to others. Once you own this skill it'll be linked to the central database that the government has and every time you go to an adventurers guild or a government office to update it, your status will also be updated. While it's not necessary to update your status, it is recommended as it will allow you to unlock new privileges."
Ethan's head is nodding in accordance although he's not listening very carefully at all of it.
Miss Elena sighs and points at the runes "Those runes will tell you the initial value that you have for your status and will form a magic card that will update for every time that your status update and will be personally updated and not updated to the government database until you hold the card against another orb like this." She points at the orb and gestures to him to use it " Now that you know what this entails you can go ahead and use it"
Ethan excitedly rushes forward and puts his hand on the orb. The text surrounding the orb suddenly change and became his status.

Ethan Oathward
Age:5
Reader: Rank 8 26%
Writer: Rank 10 1%
Storyteller: Rank 10 20%
Stats:
Vitality Rank 9 4/1000
Strength Rank 10 30/100
Dexterity Rank 10 28/100
Wisdom Rank 10 50/100
Knowledge Rank 9 1/1000
Skills:
Skimming- allows users to look for nodes of important information and learn important parts of the story before others unlike the normal action of reading it linearly.
This skill will allow the user to use unlearned skills temporarily, but at the cost of having a low understanding of the skill making it much weaker then if it was used as a learned skill.
Will allow the user to learn this skill easier in the future.
Profound understanding- The user's story has allowed the user to understand foreign content easier such as decrypting other people's stories and different languages.
Blessings:
The blessing of the stigma- Was granted upon birth, this skill allows for the integration of the user's story which allows for much easier growth and increased learning speed.

Miss Elena stares in shock as she reads Ethan's status page. "T-this is far out of my expectations even for you Ethan." she clears her throat and continues "As you know the ranks of reading and writing are normally restricted to having only the reading or only having the writing rank as normal unless you are a storyteller you wouldn't have both. I didn't expect you to be a Storyteller!" She looks into Ethan's eyes to make sure he's paying attention, which he is. "Now the most surprising part isn't that you are a storyteller! It's that you have a stat that it above rank 9! Rank 10 is normally the limit for normal people and consists of 100 points of strength and once you surpass 100 points it jumps to rank 9 which in most cases is closer to the old Reality Realm's version of superhuman. Though nowadays most people are above this rank it's an extremely impressive feat to have 2 of your stats at rank 9 at your age!"
Ethan smirks and laughs "I always knew I was smart talented and stronger than most of my friends, they even tell me so!"
Miss Elena eases up a bit to see that Ethan is still the same as always. "I hope you'll stay as naive as you are now and don't get arrogant about this, because even though your stats are high in comparison to some of the true genius out there with an endless amount of resources they all have stats at rank 9 or higher at your age." She sighs. " I hope that you will be able to surpass them one day through your efforts to gather resources and show them all what a real genius it!"
Ethan grins widely "If it's for you Miss Elena, I'll go to the end of the world to be strong enough to protect you!"
Miss Elena chuckles " I'll take your promise to heart Ethan, If one day I have to leave far away I hope you will go stronger and gain the strength to chase after me"
Ethan does a play salute and shouts " Yes Miss Elena! I'll chase after you even if it's to the end of the world!"
Miss Elena chuckles and under her breath, she whispers " I hope you'll be the one to save us one day"

0