Her story (Part 1)
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 years after the birth
Auria had been given a lot of care as a child. As Auria grew up her parents would always tend to her needs and spend as much time with her as possible. Her parents had hoped that they would raise her into a good child that even if she wasn't talented she would always be able to look forward and look at the bright side of the world. While her parents did require her to learn how to read and write as soon as possible it was never said that she had to study the skills of reading and writing her story. This was because as a baby when she was taken to the hospital they were told that Asuorous wasn't born with a story and that she wouldn't have the abilities of a reader or writer.
This had stunned the two adults at the time because they have never heard of such a phenomenon before where there was a child that was born after the first Realm Collision that wasn't born with a story.
The doctor takes the time to explain what this had happened.
"Currently in the world, there are no other recorded cases of this happening, but under theoretical study, scientists had noticed that when a child is born there'd be a small mana phenomenon that occurs." The scientist thinks through how he'd make sure his theory was correct and starts speaking again "So theoretically if there was a disturbance that occurred and prevented the formation of that mana phenomenon, there's an extremely infinitesimally chance that the baby will not be able to receive their story…. Do you Mister Harris or Madam Eve remember what happened that night or know of any events that occurred that night that could have caused such a thing?"
Eve looks at Harris as she thinks about it and suddenly recalled something
"W-we can't remember anything that could have caused that. But in that now we think about it, we can't remember anything about that night at all except for when I first gave birth to Auria and then everything afterward is blank!"
Harris has a shocked look of realization of his face as he realizes that his experiences are the same and that he couldn't remember anything as well. Then he asks the doctor the most important question
"T-then could it be that the same thing that caused us to forget what happened that night to have caused our baby Auria's inability to obtain a story as well!?"
The doctor flinches as he hesitates to decide whether or not he should say with a 100% certainty that that was true. He finally decides to go with the safest answer.
" Well mister Harris, we can't be sure for 100% sure unless we had something from that night that could tell us what happened there during the lapse of your memory, but it seems that anyone that was even remotely around your house at the time has no memory of the events that occurred that night and there was nobody else in the house at the time according to our magic satellites, and there was absolutely no spike of mana that occurred at all during that time. So I can't say for certain Sir."
The husband, Harris was getting visibly angry at the doctor for the conclusion.
"So are you telling me there's no way to help my child because of your inability to find the conclusive answer to the situation!?"
The doctor doesn't flinch as he replies.
"Sir there would be absolutely no treatment at the current time even if I could confirm that that was true, but for your sake, I hope that isn't true Sir. Because every single person that has ever gotten their story denied and taken away has been cursed by the world to never have a story in their life."
The wife Eve looks on helplessly at her baby as she asks the doctor.
"Is there nothing we can do to help our child now?"
The doctor sighs and shakes his head as he pulls out his textbook and points to a page.
"There is only one hope for your child at this point. Though I'd hate to even say that this is an option let alone a "Hope"."
On the page, it read.
"Every child has the chance at the age of 5 to receive an extra blessing of another story. If this occurs when the child uses an Orb Of Identification for the first time. Therefore the Orb Of Identification shouldn't be used before the age of 5 if the parents want the full potential of their child to be released, because the subsequent uses of said Orb will have the chances of such a thing happening to be lowered to an abysmal chance of such a thing happening. The chance of such a thing happening would be the same as winning 15 lotteries with the same set of numbers in the same order at the same time."
The doctor closes the books after a short bit and tells the couple.
"So it is full well possible for your child to still have a chance at receiving a story, what's more is that the second chance at a story will always provide a much stronger story then the one given at birth which will allow your child to be stronger then most other people if such a thing happens. But I hope for your child's sake that you will treat your child the same no matter what regardless of whether or not she has a story."
The wife tearfully looks into the eyes of her husband as she turns to the doctor.
"Thank you, doctor! No matter what happens to Auria she will always be our baby girl and we will treat her with all the care that we can muster to give her!"
The doctor sighs in relief and smiles
"Then hope you'll contact me if you ever need help again, I'll always be at your assistance for such caring parents"
The doctor hands them a card and leaves the room. Eve looks at the card and her face contorted in shock as she saw the name on the card.
"Nicolas Blackfrost, Lead mana Pheomonon researcher, Renown Story researcher, and famed Miracle Doctor."
Harris looks over his wife's shoulder as his eyes drip with tears of happiness.
"Maybe our child will have a chance after all."

0