Her Story (Part 2)
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5 Years after her birth
Auria wasn't particularly a genius and Auria wasn't particularly an idiot, but in the age of stories where many babies gained the ability to start talking in a little under 3 months after their birth, her 1 year worth of time made her seem completely and utterly stupid in comparison.
Her parents always supported her in everything that sure did and always encouraged her when she made mistakes and told her stories about the wonderful world that was out there waiting for her to explore and all the people that she could meet one day.
The dream of exploring this wonderful world has fueled Auria to study harder than any child out there to cover for her inabilities when it came to her innate knowledge, this allowed her to be as textbook smart as any other child in the village of Hartward. This made it so she never felt like she was left out for not having a story. Granted that she never told anyone but it didn't make her able to live an extremely fulfilling life as her parents supported her from behind on her endeavors.
Auria's family wasn't particularly rich so during the 3 years of her learning phase she had to rely on work for books and getting materials for practice, she would go out every day and help people of her village do handy work like drawing water from the wells and cutting vegetables for the restaurant that was near her house.
When she reached the age of 4 she when to the library to see if she could read there and study for free, as it was the library.
She found out in the end that it was a paid library, one copper a month. At that time she also learned what the currency was worth from the librarian past the copper coin because she had never seen her family use anything past a copper coin before. The coin values were as follows as told by the librarian.
Copper coins are the base value
The silver coin is 100 Copper coins
The small gold coin is 10 Silver coins
The big gold coin is 10 Small gold
The obsidian coin is 100 Big gold
The diamond coin is 100 Obsidian coins

At the time the library also told Auria that many nobles and governmental figures use the special currency that is much light called notes.
One Earth note is used for small gold currency, it can be worth as little as 10 small gold coins, and as large as 1000 small gold coins
One Sky note is used for big gold coins, it can be worth as much as 100 big gold coins and the lowest value one is worth 1 big gold coin

Auria was in complete awe after hearing how much some of these paper notes were worth as her family only made around 1 silver coin a month and has barely managed to same up 1 big gold coin in the 5 years that she has been alive.
She also found out that these notes can only be produced by specific people who have a certain mana manipulation skill that can only be learned from very specific stories. The people with these stories would get pulled into larger aristocratic families as soon as they are discovered because as these people get stronger they'd be able to produce their notes that are worth an actual amount of currency.
The largest reason that the notes are worth so much is that, not only do they require specific people to make, they also have a consumable component where if you were to activate it, it would create a story fragment that can grant experience for skills or even give new skills.
Auria was very confused after this explanation because it seems to her that it'd be a terrible idea to sell items that could increase a person's battle strength and skill experience.
The library laughs heartily as he says "While it is true that it can give you experience and that it can give you skills, but it is one of the least efficient ways to gain strength and the requirements to activate a note is extremely high and the people who can use it will most likely no longer have use of it, or even be completely unable to use it in general."
Auria looks slightly less confused but starts to understand it a bit better as she asks the librarian
"Then why is it worth anything?"
The librarian responds "Because if you are rich enough then you can someone to extract the power for you to use. There are also machines that you can employ to extract power. You have to pay in notes to use them"
Auria finally has a spark of understanding in her eyes she hears the explanation. "Ah~! That makes so much more sense! Thank you, Uncle librarian!"
The librarian stands there as a sense of shock goes through him "L-little girl, I'm only 19. I'm not near old enough to be called an uncle."
Auria giggles "No matter what you are still only than me by a lot Uncle~!"
The librarian stands speechless and shrugs his shoulder and gives up against the small child. Then he thinks of an idea. "Little girl, since you are so interested in such knowledge about the world, would you like to come to work here in your free time? I'll let you read books while you read, and all you to do is reorganize books"
Auria squeals and shouts at the suggestion then knocks herself on the head for not thinking about such a suggestion before and tells the librarian. "That's a great idea uncle! I'm still a child though uncle is you fine with that~?"
The Librarian flinches at being called uncle again and then smiles as he answers her "The age does matter when it comes to organizing a library, it's the heart and effort you go at it. If you don't have the heart when organizing a library you will never feel the homely and scholarly feeling of a library, it'd become a battlefield of knowledge and an endless abyss of words. The heart provides a road for people to read."
Auria's eyes sparkle at what the librarian's words then replies "I do believe I have the heart to do this! My name is Auria! I'll be under your care from now on Uncle Librarian!"
The librarian sighs and smiles gently at Auria "Likewise Auria, also stop calling me Uncle, I have a name. It's Monrose"

0