Her story (Final part)
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A month after Auria got the library job.
In the past month, Auria has been working hard at her new library job as she simultaneously organizes and reads all the books that she has organized. While this might seem basically impossible during the time before the Realm collision, it is much more feasible now as Asruous had been given a pair of story enchanted glasses once her parents heard that she got a job at the Library that allows her to read while organizing, so they went out to by her a pair of glasses that will store book contents on them up to a certain amount and allow them to remember them easier as well. I some people's opinions, in the beginning, these pairs of glasses were considered cheats because it allowed people to have an advantage when it comes to studying and it would allow people to cheat for exams and tests of the like. But after 5 months or so, people finally realized that anyone that had a story(Which theoretically is everyone) can remember things to an even higher degree than these glasses so they were considered common items from that point on. That's not saying it is cheap though, the pair of glasses costed her parents over a year of earnings, around 1 small gold per pair. When Auria received the glasses from her parents her eyes were brimming with tears as she had gone around the markets recently and knew that the glasses were very expensive and that they were also pretty rare to get especially the version that her parents got her that included the increased reading comprehension effect. When her Mom Eve saw her tears she pulled her into a hug and just whispered into her ears while comforting her
"Please don't cry. Everything that we do is because we love you and we want you to be happy no matter what. We will go through all our means to make sure that you are happy. All that we want is for you to laugh and smile then all the money that we've spent will be nothing in comparison to what we've received." She smiles while saying so and gently pats Auria on her back.
Auria has her face against her mother's shoulder as she dries her tears. Then she responds to her mother.
"Yes, Mother! I'll strive to be the best that I can but, but not at the cost of my happiness. I'll make you proud no matter what!"
Eve the mother giggles as she let's go of Auria lightly
"Good girl. I hope you'll remember that as long you are happy we will be proud of you. We have no expectations except that whatever you do in the future will make you happy"
So from that point on Auria has been wearing the pair of glasses everywhere. Which in some mysterious circumstance actually managed to make her math deductions faster and made it so she could start learning some simple Story runes that she wasn't able to read before. Though it wasn't a very large amount only a word or two. But it is known that Story Runes ins one of the hardest languages to date in the land of Edventale because instead of words, it contains experiences. So all Story Runes require a certain amount of life experience before you can even start to comprehend what they say. This Story language is normally used in machines like a programming language.
Because of this, she discovered that the librarian Monrose was covered by a layer of Story Runes. But every single time she tried to read them the librarian would turn and look at her and the runes would disappear. And she didn't want to go up to him and say
'Hey! I saw that you had some weird suspicious Story Runes around you that normal people can't read and somehow, I, this weird girl that you hired just so happens to be able to see them, and it just so happens every time I do they disappear. What's going on!?'
This was a bad idea in the eyes of the 5-year-old Auria, so she just went on reading and organizing her books.
As she continues to read books she slowly loses track of time as the sun slowly moves across the sky and it starts turning dark.
Soon she realizes that it's time to go home and finishes up her section of the library and goes up to the main desk to greet the uncle librarian goodbye
"Goodbye Uncle Monrose!" she says as she waves her hands
"Still not an uncle Auria"
he sighs as she runs out the door and shouts after her
"I hope you have a goodnight Auria!"
And Auria disappears around the corner she runs further and further away.
The librarian sighs as he thinks to himself "I hope that girl doesn't get in any more trouble, she can see far too much for her good."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Auria arrives home she can see the light wafting smoke coming from the chimney and can practically smell the scent of her mother's cooking and the magnificent smell of just being home.
As she wakes into the house she hears her mom shouting. "Auria, you're back! That's great! Hurry and go upstairs and get yourself cleaned up as I prepare the table for dinner." Her mother shouts with a fairy light ring at the end of it proving just how happy she was currently.
She shouts back to her mom "Got it!" and runs upstairs to her room and changes into her home clothes and stands in front of her mirror to look at herself carefully for the first time in years.
In her mirror, she sees a relatively cute face(In her opinion in comparison to others her age.) and her shoulder-length hair that is brushed to the right side due to her habit of brushing it that way every once in a while when reading, the most noticeable part was most likely her silver eyes that has a somewhat innocent gleam in it as her eyes were still quite relaxed. The last part that she noticed stood out in comparison to the rest of the children in her village was the almost ethereal turquoise hair that she had that when the sun shone into it looked like the surface of a completely clear ocean. She was extremely proud of her hair because it was inherited from her parents, her father which had silver shining hair and her mother who had a lighter blue shade hair. This truly made everyone who sees her feel like she is a younger version of both her Mother Eve and her Father Harris.
While Auria didn't brag about it to her classmates, she does talk about how pretty it is to her parents all the time and thank them for having given birth to her.
After a while, Auria stopped looking at herself, as she heard from her friends from school it makes her a narcissist. She had no idea what that meant, but from the way her friends said it, it seemed quite bad.
After she walks away from the mirror she starts going downstairs as she can hear the clattering of her father getting up from his desk and going to the dinner table to eat.
As she walks into the room she sees the normal cacophony of food that her mother makes every night as her father was an utter black hole when it came to food. Her mother does say that she wasn't much better though.
While Auria pouts and says it isn't true it is shown quite easily as more than a quarter of the food that her mother makes goes into her stomach, and more than two thirds of the desserts go into her "other stomach", or so she says as her father doesn't eat as many desserts nowadays so there was no fight over it.
During dinner, Auria and her family talk about the academy that she was going to go to when she was 10. The school was known as one of the most well known and most advanced in teaching abilities of all the schools that were currently available out in Edventale. While this was a very hard school to get into it was relatively easy to get her preadministration documents set because she was the top of her class in her elementary school and the school she was going to is a direct relative in terms of hierarchy in the school system so she would get an easier entrance requirement since she was already able to get into the one that she was currently in.
Of course, even the school that she was in now was no easy feat to get into considering that she didn't have the enhanced knowledge that people with stories got, but in the end with countless hours of studying she did manage to get in.
The school that she was going to when she was 10 was one of the most comprehensive schools in Edventale as it had all classes from age 10-18 and also had a extended program that allowed for graduates to get their adventures license as soon as they graduate so they have support in terms of finances even after their schooling.
The good thing about this school for Auria' family was that they had to pay for her current elementary school and as long as she was able to advance into this new school, she and her family wouldn't have to pay a dime as long as she gets in the top of her class in elementary school, which she did.
The school was called Prominence, it was called so because it's beyond the moon reputation, excellent schooling sites and most of all, the magical aura that is around the school due to the large concentration of students with Stories in it. The aura around the school is so strong that it's known to be the current prominence of humanity. Or better known as the only standalone existence that has a rank 2 expert in it.
While you might say that that wouldn't make any sense because there are rank ones in the world, but in reality rank one is just a ranking, a hypothesis, as there was currently no one in known human history to reach such a level without dying within a year of reaching it.
Rank ones are heavily hated by the world itself, as they get struck by the world's mana in the shape of lightning as soon as they become rank one, and afterward, they all die eventually.
Currently, humanity is trying to discover ways of passing that barrier, with little luck of course.

Of course, all of that does matter as the most important thing that Auria and her thinking about now is the largest event that will happen all year.
"Auria! Your 5th birthday is tomorrow!" her mother shouts in joy
"I know! I can't wait for tomorrow to come" Auria replies to her mother
Her Father chuckles as waves them to sit back down "Calm down you two, tomorrow will come tomorrow. Let's focus on today so you'll full-heartedly focus on your birthday when your birthday comes tomorrow shall we?"
Her mother giggles as she pulls Auria to sit back down as she does.
"I hope you'll wait in anticipation for tomorrow Auria, We planned for a huge gift. It'll be a surprise for now though, wait till tomorrow, and you'll see, It'll be the most important day for us all," she says teasingly
Auria groans in anticipation of tomorrow's events now that she hears about the surprise.
"Now look at what you've done Eve, you've made our daughter anxious for tomorrow. Okay. No more spoilers let's hurry up and finish eating before everything gets cold, then Auria you can go to sleep as to have tomorrow come faster." Her father says
"Yes daaaaaad" as she hurries to finish eating her food and rushes upstairs to take a shower.

After she takes a shower she stretches on her bed and slowly falls asleep as she thinks about the tomorrow and the surprises that it will bring
'I hope tomorrow will be like every happy day but even better, and I hope that everything will be the same and this happiness will stay forever like this.' she thinks as she slowly falls asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

From a distance in the sky, a glowing fox-like creature looks at Auria's house. If any expert were to cross this area right now they'd be stunned as this fox creature standing on it's 2 hind feet and had oddly human features and wasn't emitting any aura at all, which would be normally impossible unless the person or creature was dead or an inordinate amount more power than the observer. As it looks down at the house a weird murmur that sounded something likes words was begin said by the fox.
"This child must not be corrupted by the dirty power of the past. I made an oath to protect her. I'll do so even if it means making this child weak without the humanities so-called "Stories" and "Powers"." The fox slowly shakes its head
"She isn't ready yet, never the less it's better to let her grow in this world for now."
The fox creature slowly opens a rift and walks back into it. As the fox disappears a wisp of something he said remained for a short while
"The queen must never be corrupted by this world's past."

0