The Special day (Part 3)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Auria picks up the weird book. As she picks up the book the mana sparks that normally floated around Auria started to react. The further she pulled ou the book, the more the sparks reacted and the sparks started to release a repulsive force against the force. Just as Auria manages to take out the book, a burst of mana occurs and blasts the book out of her hand and makes her fall over from the shock.
All Auria could really comprehend at the time was the flash of light the thud sound that happened once the book hit the ground. As she slowly tries to get up she hears hurried steps that sounded like it was getting closer and closer to her location.
As her vision comes back she sees the librarian Monrose running over to her location. He runs over to her.
Monrose props her up as he looks at her in worry. "Are you okay Auria? What happened!?"
He looks around the area looking for any abnormalities and all he could see was a slight increase in mana.
Auria gets out of a daze as she looks at where the book should have dropped.
"T-there was a book that seemed out of place. The mana signature on it was weird, and I-it was newer than the other books and also had a different aura around it."
She gets up and searches for the book, and ends up finding nothing
"When I picked it up a weird force happened and sent me flying! I-I was pretty sure it dropped around here where I was standing earlier before I fell."
Monrose looks around as he senses a mana spike around the area where she pointed at.
"Did you end up using magic or something when you were blinded?" Monrose looks at the empty book slot as he asks her.
"No? I can't use magic yet. I still haven't gotten my status checked yet."
Auria says as she thinks of the mana sparks around her.
"B-but maybe it's these mana sparks that are following me?" Gesturing behind her as sparks lightly appear.
Monrose stares in awe as he looks at the sparks behind her "When did these sparks start showing up? They are an extremely pure manifestation of mana"
Auria stares confused as she answers "They've been with me pretty much ever since I've been born. But I recently was able to see them because of these glasses that my parents bought me to read books faster." As she takes off her glasses to show him.
"Well, I'm relieved to know that what happened wasn't caused by the weird book you were talking about. There is a very high chance that it was caused by the sparks behind you"
He says as the sparks start to disappear. "Chances are the blast was caused by the sparks behind you as a defense mechanism. To, well, protect you from whatever the book was, or was going to do."
He shakes his head and just pats Auria on her head.
"No point in dwelling on what happened, the book is no longer here and the sparks would never truly hurt you anyways. Though, when you get your hands on your status report sheet remember to look at it carefully and look for weird or new skills. I'll help you if there's anything that seems out of the normal."
Auria nods, she tilts her head as she asks Monrose "Does know your status make a difference for what you can do?"
"Yeah, while it is possible to use your abilities before you find out your status, most of the time it'll be heavily restricted. That's why they don't teach abilities until after you are 5 and get your status checked. It will also decide talents in the combat field." says as he demonstrates a mana ball changing sizes
"It also allows for you to start training in skill proficiency, someone who hasn't checked their status will not be able to actively track and increase proficiencies properly."
She nods and visibly happy and excited. "That reminds me! Today's my birthday and I'll go get my status checked out later!" she jumps around happily
Monrose nods "That's good, I'll be able to assign you different tasks after you get your status. There's some stuff in the library that you can't do until afterward."
Auria pouts "Why is the first thing that you think of is having me work harder."
"Because you are the assistant, and it's troublesome for some of the higher area sections for it to only be me organizing those areas," Monrose says while sighing
"Hmph! Fine. I'll go back to work then" she says as she turns around and goes back to the bookshelves.
"Be careful not to touch any more weird books, call me over if you can find one," Monrose says as he slowly strolls back over to his desk.
Auria looks over her shoulder back at the sparks 'Why did all of you do that?' she ponders as she goes back to organizes her books.
After that incident with that mysterious book nothing else special happened. She went around reading the rest of the books, finding out about the second section which was about worldly beings. She found out about the creatures in the world like the manifestation of greed, and jealousy and envy. They were mostly just spirits that were formed by beliefs of people from the old world before the Collision of Realms.
As she reads about the creatures in the books in this area a mana tinge surrounded her. The more she read the more mana surrounded her, slowly projecting a movie like an image around her. As she reaches the last shelf of books her aura was basically projecting a full timeline of spirits and creatures.
Then she got interrupted by the shout of the librarian "AURIA! Your parents are here to pick you up!"
Auria jumps in surprise as she snaps out of the state she previously in.
"Okay!" she shouts back as she closes the book in a hurry.
She runs over to the main desk and finds her parents there.
"Mom! Dad! You came on time!" she shouts as she jumps into her dad's arms
"Of course Auria! It's your birthday. We wouldn't be willing to be late for it even for the world." Auria's Mother Eve says as she also hugs her along with Auria's Father Harris.
"We came a bit earlier so we can see the sights as we head back," Harris says with a gentle smile on his face. Then he turns to Monrose and thanks him for the time he spent with Auria
"Thanks for taking care of our Auria, Mister Monrose." He says while putting out his hand for a handshake.
"No problem Harris. Your daughter is very helpful and very good at her job, I'm glad to have helped and to have such a great helper." Monrose says with a smile on his face as he shakes the hand.
"Well, we shall be leaving for the day, Sir Harris," Eve says as she starts to walk towards the exit.
"Yes, I hope you all have a nice day as well. See you tomorrow Auria." Monrose says after releasing the handshake and waving to them as they walk away.
"Have a nice day Uncle Monrose!" Auria says as she waves her hand while going along with her parents out the door.

Auria and her family walk away from the library. Monrose looks at the door as they walk away. "The Past and the Consequences. Huh? That book is no good for anyone that's a resident of this world, so why did you chose that one?" He says out loud as if someone was listening.

A rustle comes from the ceiling as a panel opens. "Her aura reminded me of that incident. I didn't expect that someone was hiding the past from her to this extent." A voice booms out from the small panel in the ceiling.

Monrose sighs "I wish you didn't get involved in this world's events." He says while giving a severe look at the person in the room beyond the panel.

The voice pauses for a second
"If the following events only involved this world, I wouldn't bother. But now that the pendulum has started moving, Nothing will change its path." The voice chuckles
"What I've done so far will be nothing compared to what that girl does if she is not raised properly "

Monrose looks in contemplation as he responds. "As long as I'm still alive I'll make sure she doesn't stray onto the wrong path." He turns away from the ceiling
"Don't involve yourself"

The voice produces a stifled laugh "I hope you keep your words keeper, because if you don't none of us will be able to stop the next disaster in waiting." he sighs as he slowly closes the door. "The world has forgotten about the landmark of the new world, and the time keeps ticking away without people realizing it."

Monrose's face has a sad shade to it as the panel shuts with a slam. "The world is ignorant of the importance of past events and they refuse to learn. There's nothing we can do but let them suffer so that they will learn." He slowly goes back to his chair and sits down and goes back to his book.

0