Chapter 9: A Glorious Resttime
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Zac and Hadasa left the building, Hadasa looked up at Zac. Then she closed her eyes and leaned forward. 

"So do you want to get something to eat today?" Hadasa asked when Zac leaned back.

"Well, I wish I could, but I didn't have time to bring some money here." Zac turned his head to the left with his annoyed face.

Hadasa leaned back. "Ah…I see…I wish Atara was here today to treat ya."

Zac glared at Hadasa with his eyes nearly closed.

-Yeah, I noticed this girl's using Atara to treat people. Yet she doesn't even bother to treat me. Like what the hell, bruh?!

"Uh, do you guys always depend on Atara to treat others when people don't have any money?! Why can't you treat me instead?!" 

Hadasa turned to Zac. "Well, me and my five other friends also treat others, yet Atara's able to treat others more than us."

"And why is that?" Zac crossed his arms and tapped his foot on the ground.

"Because…" Hadasa looked around to see if no one's paying attention.

Zac raised his eyebrow at Hadasa. "Because why?"

-And why is she lookin' 'round all the sudden. Is she hiddin' somethin'?

"Sssshhh!" Hadasa closed her eyes, put her head down and placed her index finger on her lips. "Quiet down!" She whispered, "We don't want anyone to know about this, okay?"

"Okay? Now what?" Zac whispered back.

"Kneel down. I'm gonna tell ya something."

Zac kneeled down and glared at Hadasa. "Okay? And?"

Hadasa glared back at Zac. "Be patient!" 

"Okay!"

Then she leaned forward towards one of his ears. "Atara's a rich girl."

Zac widened his eyes and looked at Hadasa in the eyes. "No way! You serious?" He yelled.

"Shush!" Hadasa glared at Zac with her index finger placed on her mouth for a moment. Then she closed her eyes, grinned and shook her head. "Yep, I'm very serious," Hadasa whispered.

-Ah, so that explains why she picked Atara to treat me yesterday. It all makes sense now.

"You see, I couldn't treat ya today nor yesterday, because I don't have enough money. But next time, bring your own money, because Atara will not keep treating you in the long run, got it?"

"Got it…"

"Okay, so let's go take a stroll in the park then, shall we?"

Zac stood up from the ground. "Yeah, I guess."

"Great! Let's go! Let's go! LET'S GO!" Hadasa exclaimed as she ran for the bus stop and Zac followed her.

****

Zac and Hadasa entered the park after getting off the bus. They looked around them. There they saw some people walking around the park. Others walked with their dogs or chatted with others. Children playing in the playground either by themselves, with each other or with their parents. People's chatter echoed across the area. A few empty barbecues stared at Zac and Hadasa. 

Hadasa looked up at Zac. "Hey, Zac."

"Hm?" Zac turned to Hadasa. 

"What do you want to do here?"

"Mmmm…." Zac looked at the playground. Seeing all the swing sets were occupied, he turned back to Hadasa. "I guess we will go for a stroll."

"Okay, then." Hadasa shook her head, closing her eyes with a smile. "Walking it is."

As Zac and Hadasa walked around the park, Hadasa turned to Zac.

"Isn't it beautiful out here?" Hadasa asked, looking around the park in amazement.

"Yeah, I guess it is," Zac responded, performing the same action as Hadasa.

"This is one of Elohim's most beautiful creations."

Zac gave Hadasa his annoyed face. "Yea, I'm sure it is…Uh, is that all you're gonna talk about?"

"No, silly. There are plenty of things we can talk about." 

"Like what?"

"Like, uh…" Hadasa looked up at the sky, placing her index finger on her chin. "Ah!" She returned her attention to Zac. "What's your favorite videogame?"

Zac looked up at the sky with his hands in his pockets. "Oh, uh…I don't think I have any, to be honest with you."

"Yea, me neither."

"Ah, cool. We're on the same page then." 

"Yep, we sure are."

"So what do you do after charity work anyway?"

"I, uh, watch videos on the internet and paid streaming services, hang out with my little brother, family and friends whether in person or on social media, and play videogames. What 'bout you?"

"I didn't do community service until a couple days ago."

"Ah, I see…"

"And now I only watch shows on cable TV, and spend time with my money."

Hadasa gave Zac a blank stare, raising her eyebrow. "Uh, that's it since you've been doin' community service for the past couple days?"

"Yep, pretty much."

"And speakin' of money, is that the only thing you spend your time on? What about your family or friends? Like do you not spend time with them at all?"

"Nope. Never."

"But why though?"

"Because…" Zac looked at Hadasa in the face. "I hate hangin' out with my own parents due to how freakin' annoyin' they are, like they kept callin' me my real name instead of Zac! And…I don't have any friends. I'm jus' my own person."

"Oh…Zac…I'm sorry to hear that…"

"Hey, don't worry 'bout it. It's honestly quite alright."

Hadasa relooked up at the sky and placed her index finger for a little while. "Hmm…"

Zac looked and raised his eyebrow at Hadasa. 

-Uh, what is this girl thinkin'?

Then she gasped and widened her eyes. "Oh! I know!" She turned to Zac. "Maybe I'll invite you over to a hangout that my friends and I usually go to. That'll help you get rid of your loneliness."

Zac stopped moving and turned to Hadasa, closing his eyes, pushing the air with his hands a couple times. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! I'm definitely not doin' that!" 

Hadasa gave Zac her sad face. "Aaaw, what?! Come on! Please!"

"No way! No way! No way! Not gonna happen!" Zac roared, swinging his arms sideways. He then crossed his arms and turned his head to the left.

"Oh, come on, Zac! It's not healthy to be alone, y'know!"

"Well, that's too bad, 'cause that's what I wanna be. Besides…I only come to community service to get my punishment over with and be outta there by the time my punishment's done. That's it. I'm not goin' to waste my time hangin' out with you guys, especially after community service."

Hadasa glared at Zac and crossed her arms. "Well, ya can't be hanging out with money all your life! It's not healthy! Also your love affair with money is the main reason why you do stuff like sellin' stolen goods and shit, y'know."

"Of freakin' course, I can. And that's the way I like it whether you like it or not! Stop mentioning my bad deeds in public, alright!"

After Hadasa silently growled at Zac, Zac's phone rang in one of his pockets. Zac annoyedly looked down at and pulled his phone out. 

-Okay, who the hell's callin' me now?!

Examining the screen for a few seconds, Zac widened his eyes, then his face became even more annoyed than ever before.

-Oh…it's my annoyin' ass mom's callin' me. Great…

Zac answered the phone. "Oh, hi, mom. How are you?...I'm doin' good, and can you stop callin' me Zackie already…ugh…alright, alright, alright. I'm sorry…yes, ma'am…well, I'm currently on break after I checked and arranged clothes with Hadasa…oh, yea. And now I'm walkin' the park with her…m-my girlfriend?! Oh, don't get the wrong idea…"

Hadasa chuckled when she heard that. 

"Mom!" Zac cried, expressing his sad face. "C'mon…"

-Ugh, I swear to Elohim, this freakin' bitch…

"Uh-huh…uh-huh…uh-huh…" Zac's face remained gloomy longer than ever before. "Alright, I will, Ma…Bye! I love ya…don't worry, I will. I promise…"

Zac hung up the phone.

-Damn, that was so annoyin'!

He put his phone back into his pocket, hearing Hadasa chuckling a bit. He glared at her and crossed his arms.

"And what the hell are ya laughing at?!" Zac snapped.

"Me? As Zac's girlfriend?" Hadasa questioned, laughing with her mouth open, placing her hands on her abdomen. "That's so funny!"

Zac's glare aimed at Hadasa more than his own mother. He clenched his fists, nearly closed his eyes and glared at her with his mouth opened.

-I can't wait to strangle this bitch once I got my hands on her. Jus' you wait, Hadasa. Jus' you wait.

When Hadasa continued to laugh, Zac roared, "Alright, you can stop laughing now!"

"Sorry…" Hadasa chuckled a bit more before she stopped. "That was too funny to laugh at. Honestly…" Hadasa slowly stopped laughing. 

-Yea, I'm sure it was…not! Gheesh, this freakin' girl.

Hadasa stopped laughing. "Okay, what time is it? 'Cause we need to head back to our community service as soon as possible."

"Uh…" Zac looked down at the time on his phone. "It's the thirteenth hour (1pm)."

"Oh, shoot! We better head back now!" Hadasa cried, pulling her bus schedule out of her pocket.

While she examined it, Zac asked, "Why? Will we be doin' some ministry work again?"

"Yep, and our bus will be here in about five minutes. Let's go!" Hadasa exclaimed as she dashed for her destination, putting her bus schedule back into her pocket.

"Ugh…" Zac followed Hadasa with his annoyed face.

"Whoo-hoo!" Hadasa cheered as she finally made it to the bus stop.

-Oh, man…I can't stand ministry work. But…this is what I have to live with since my parents won't even let me leave this place. Ugh…

0