Chapter 15: Confrontation
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Zac, Hadasa and Kayleb returned to their community service from their two hour ministry work, they all leaned forward like their backs were hurting with their exhausted faces. They all moaned before they entered the building. Zac still carried the heavy box full of Bibles.

Kayleb turned to his sister with a frown on his face. "Ugh! I can't believe none of the people accepted the Gospels back there."

Hadasa turned back to her little brother. "Yea, me too. I felt so bad for people's poor souls as soon as people rejected the Gospel. We'll have to keep praying for them when we get home."

"Mhn," Kayleb agreed, shaking his head before returning his focus on the building.

Zac just walked forward without even saying a word. 

-Oh, man. I can't believe I have to stay at that place for two freakin' hours for this bullshit ministry work. It also doesn't help with the fact that I have to carry this damn box from and back to community service daily. I can't wait for this shitty as punishment to end, so I can get back to normal.

Once Zac and others entered the building, they headed their way for Mrs. A's office. Mrs. A turned to them while Zac placed the box at the corner near her. She noticed their frowning, tired faces.

"Lemme guess. Seeing the expressions on your faces, people didn't accept the Gospel today, did they?" Mrs. A questioned.

"Yes…" Kayleb answered, "It was painful…"

-Yea, tell me 'bout it, kid.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that," Mrs. A then frowned at Zac and others. "I'm sure it'll get better next time."

"Yea," Hadasa agreed. "I mean, to think 'bout it, yesterday was so much better than today."

Zac gave Hadasa his annoyed look on his face. 

-Well, yea obviously, no one's gonna deny that one. But still…I can't believe today ended up worse than yesterday though…Jeez…

"Why, yes, that's very true," Mrs. A agreed. "You've all done well in the past and you've done well today. You made Elohim and His Son proud. Keep up the good work in the future."

Hadasa grinned at Mrs. A and shook her head. "We will, Mrs. A. You can count on us for that one."

"Good," Mrs. A said, closing her eyes with a grin, swinging her fist upward in front of her. "Elohim and His Son have faith in you guys." Then she opened her eyes and turned to Zac. "Zac, are you alright? You've been kinda silent lately."

"Oh, me?" Zac asked, pointing his finger at himself. "Oh, I'm fine. Honest. I'm jus' tired of doin' a two-hour ministry work. That's all."

"Oh, I see…" Mrs. A said, placing her hand on her chin. 

"And speakin' of ministry work…" Hadasa said, glaring at Zac for a few seconds before she turned back to Mrs. A. "Can Zac have one of those Bibles in that box at the corner? He's been tryin' to shove the Bible down to people's throats at the barbershop earlier today, without even reading the entire Bible himself."

-Ah! This bitch…

"Oh, really?" Mrs. A asked, turning to Zac with her angry face, crossing her arms. "Is that so?"

Zac leaned back and opened his eyes out of shock. "Uh, of course not! I was jus' handin' them the Bibles before I left there. Honest, Mrs. A."

Kayleb turned to Zac with his fists raised up underneath his chin, glaring at Zac the moment he heard him say that. "Yes, you did! Ya liar! Hadasa and I really saw you trying to shove the Bible down people's throats at the barbershop today!" 

-Damn! First, I have to deal with brat number one. Now I have to deal with this freakin' brat too?!

"Now why on Elohim's green Earth would you do that, Zac?!" Mrs. A angrily asked.

"But, Mrs. A, I-" Zac tried to come up with an answer for Mrs. A for a moment.

-Come on, Zac! Think, dammit, think!

"Well?!" Mrs. A impatiently questioned. 

Zac stood there and looked up at the ceiling for a few more moments, until he was finally able to come came up with an answer. "You see, Mrs. A. I jus' wanna give people free Bibles as a language learning lesson. That's all."

Mrs. A sighed as she put her head down, placing her finger on her forehead. "No, Zac." She returned her attention to him. "We give out Interlinear Bibles to people due to mistranslations of majority different types of books. We want to get to the Biblical Root to people as soon as we can. Do you understand?"

"What kind of Christians are you anyway?" Zac curiously asked, raising his eyebrow at Mrs. A.

"We call ourselves the Biblical Root Christians," Mrs. A answered. "We call ourselves that because we want to get to the root to the Christianity back in Yeshua's Time."

"Oh, I see..."

-So these people call themselves the Biblical Root Christians, huh? That's...interestin'...

Most people in Mishor are Christian, always attend church every Saturday and worship there. That's pretty much it. They usually don't do anythin' else. Zac has church on Saturdays, and this Saturday's no different.

"Anyway, I jus' wanna get home early from doin' my punishment. I didn't want to wait to get home two hours from doin' some ministry work. That's all," Zac confessed.

"I understand..." Mrs. A gave him her serious face. "Well, just as you know. Until you have your personal relationship with Elohim and His Son, which is reading the entire Bible, you don't get to spread the Gospel. Ever…

"And once you've done that as well as be spiritually trained and disciplined, then you get to spread the Gospel. And also you don't shove the Gospel down to people's throat, it's against Elohim's Word. Do you understand me, Zac?!"

Zac widened his eyes and leaned back, with his hands out. "But, Mrs. A, but-" 

"That's quite enough, Zac!" Mrs. A cut Zac off with her eyes closed. "I don't wanna hear it, do you understand me?!"

Zac frowned at Mrs. A, realizing there's no use in arguing with her. He didn't want to risk being further segregated from his video games. He sighed and looked Mrs. A straight in the eye.

Zac moved his eyes to the right. "Yes, ma'am…"

"Good, now go get the Bible from the box over there," Mrs. A demanded, tilting her head backwards. 

Zac widened his eyes and opened his mouth. 

-Whoa, whoa, whoa! What the hell does this bitch say?!

"Uh, I don't wanna read that borin' book!" Zac snapped.

"Well, you're a Christian, yes?" Mrs. A questioned.

"Yes, and?" 

"And you want to help out Hadasa and others on their ministry work, yes?" 

Zac repeated his response.

"Well, as long as you don't read the bible and have a personal relationship with Yeshua and aren't spiritually trained and disciplined, you will NEVER be allowed to spread the Gospel, especially with the wrong motives. Do you understand?"

Zac sighed, frowned and put his head down.

-Okay, Zac. Wanna spread the Gospel and get the hell out of here earlier, instead of just standing by the box for the entire two hours of ministry work? Read the Bible on your own until your punishment's over. Then you don't have to deal with it anymore. Trust me, buddy. You can do this. 

Zac reluctantly lifted his head up and look at Mrs. A straight in the eye. "Alright…I'll do it…I'll read the darn book…"

"Good," Mrs. A said while Zac walked towards the box and grabbed a Bible from the box.

"Any other questions that you all want to ask me?" Mrs. A continued.

"No, ma'am," Hadasa, Kayleb and Zac said;while Hadasa and Kayleb were emotionless, Zac frowned as he carried the Bible in his hand. 

"Good, now everyone's dismissed," Mrs. A said.

They turned around and exited Mrs. A's office. 

"We'll see you tomorrow, Mrs. A," Hadasa said, waving at Mrs. A with Kayleb.

"You too," Mrs. A said, waving back at Hadasa and Kayleb with her eyes closed and a smile.

"See ya tomorrow," Zac said as he exited without either looking at Mrs. A nor even waving at her.

"Good-bye, Zac," Mrs. A said, also waving at Zac with her eyes closed and a grin.

After Zac, Hadasa and Kayleb exited the building, Zac pulled out his phone and took a phone call, leaning against the wall. "Hi, mom…Uh, would ya stop callin' me either Zaccai or Zackie already?!...Ugh!"-Zac sighed out of frustration-"I'm doin' good, how are you?...Well, I just finished community service…Uh-huh…Uh-huh…Uh-huh…Alright, I'll see ya here. Bye, mom…Love ya…"

After Zac hung up his phone, he put it back into his pocket. 

"See ya tomorrow, Zac," Hadasa said as she and Kayleb stood far away from Zac and waved at him. 

"I'll see ya tomorrow too," Zac said in an annoyed tone, waving back at Hadasa and Kayleb. 

As soon as Hadasa and Kayleb turned around and began to walk home, Zac viciously grinned, looking up at the sky.

-Alright, I'll have to put this kid locked up in the box, or something as payback. Once I do that, then I'll do the same to Hadasa. But I'll have to do that without getting caught. Hadasa's friends will be here tomorrow. So I better find a place for me to trap two of these brats in a big ass container for tomorrow.

Hearing the car honk, Zac turned to that sound's direction, seeing his mother in the car. She smiled at her son from a bit far away, waving at him. "Hi there, Zackie!"

Zac growled at his own mother when he walked towards the car, putting his head down, clenching and tightening his fists.

-This damn bitch keeps gettin' on my freakin' nerves.

He returned his attention to his mother with his annoyed face and waved back at her. "Hi there, mother."

"It's good to see you again, isn't it?" His mother asked, adjusting her glasses.

"Yea…Of course, it's good to see ya too, ma…" 

Then his mother noticed a book in his hand. "Oh? What's you got there, Zaccai?"

"It's a Bible…for ministry work…" Zac replied, placing his hand on the door knob.

"Ah, I see…" His mother shook her head and grinned at the same time. "It's good for you to read the Bible sometime, Zaccai. It's good for ya."

As soon as Zac annoyedly entered the car and put on his seatbelt, his mother began to drive him home. 

0