Only One Question
115 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"As she was coming home, she noticed that her surrounding was awfully quiet. She continued to walk as she detected no evil intent. As she entered she said, "I am back!". Her mother didn't respond. She went into the kitchen and her mother was making Lunch. She noticed that Something appeared on top of her head. It was hazy, but not hazy enough that she couldn't read it.

「Lina's Mom:- 

level:- ???

Occupation:- ???

Occupation:- Legendary Ace 」

"What's that?" She thought to herself. She recalled that just like in. a game, The stats of players are shown, it's something similar. "How are you," Lina asked innocently. Her mother was spacing out but soon got back to her senses and said: "Oh, I didn't see you enter.".

"It's okay mom," She said calmly, "what's there for lunch?" She added.

"It's the usual, Rice and Chicken with spiritual- I mean Salad". Lina got alerted by what her mother was going to say. "Was she going to mention spiritual water?" she thought to herself. " Mom, Did you jus-" She was going to ask why her mother said spiritual but got interrupted by her mother, she exclaimed, "ahh! The lunch is ready, grab your seat~" 

Lina knew that her mother was diverting the question but she didn't have any evidence to say she was going to say spiritual Water. There was only one way, to eat the food and check it out for herself. Unfortunately, She hadn't obtained any skill to do that. So, She gave up on that idea and sat for dinner. Just after she sat to eat, the situation got awkward. They both were silent as for the previous conversation which occurred. After the meal, Lina just commented that the food was delicious and left the room. She then went into her bedroom and pretended to be asleep. just A few minutes passed and the door opened slightly. It was her mother who was looking at her. She entered the room and noticed that Lina was sleeping without a Blanket so she spread the blanket on top of her. "I am sorry.." she slightly muttered before leaving the room. To an average person, the voice should have been inaudible but Lina heard it clearly. "Sorry? for what?" she thought in her mind as she tried to sleep. Within the next second, she fell asleep.

[In a Place Unknown to people]

"Let's see... Are you done sleeping? you better wake up or you are going to miss the chance for 'that'." The female voice said chuckling to Lina who was on the bed which was kept on nothing. The world was full of light pink in color and the things which were present there were Lina and the bed. She woke and rubbed her eyes. "Is it morning yet?" she woke up as she yawned.

"...…."The voice gave no reply to her question instead when she opened her eyes She squeaked in horror. She was standing on Air. There was nothing beneath her feet. "where the hell am I?" She asked as she jumped on the bed out of fear. "Well, Lina or rather 'Chungmen', I am the so-called system you have been using all these. Not the full system but just a part of it. My time is limited and Since you have reached the threshold level, you are eligible to ask just one question to me. However, before proceeding I want to say, Since I am only a portion of the system, I have limited information to which you can access." The female voice explained

"I am rather curious where we are?" Lina stated. "is that your question?" The female voice questioned. " Wait, No!" Lina screeched.

"This is a rare opportunity, Hmm let's see. All these times I have been asking myself questions I want to know. Like why was the system made? How does the system choose its host? Can the system reveal other hosts to me? but what I would like to know the most is..." She thought in her mind. "Alright... My question to the system is that... 

To be Continued

7