16
8.5k 9 179
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After our first encounter with the Rigals. Which if I'm being honest with you, just looked like copper skinned goblins to me. Our encounters became fewer and fewer. The groups we faced sporadically were weaker and smaller and only around 5-10 of them appeared at a time.

[Asai: Level 19]  [Alex: lvl 21]  [Emmanuel: Lvl 20]  [Mel: lvl 20]  [Colem: lvl 18]  [Clam: Lvl 5]

No one levelled up after these melees except me. Perhaps another level up and I would receive another skill? This led me to theorize. After hearing about the paladin corps and their ability to conjure magic and thunder to smite humankind's enemies. And these skills being bestowed upon them only because of their faith towards the gods. This leads me to conjecture that my ability to level up faster, and my awareness on skills being innate and not just via boons. There must be a certain God or Goddess up there who favours me huh. I can only pray that the whims of this divine being is one that smiles upon me. Imagine being chosen by a sadist being. Ugh.

[Asai: Level 19] 

Although I am basically the same level as the Crimson Graves, I certainly don't feel confident in taking them on. Having shorter limbs will evidently lower my attack range when compared to Alex and Emmanuel who are taller than me. I would also take into consideration their amount of experience, would definitely triumph over mine. However, I can't be that far behind can I? I'm curious to just how much am I cheating with 

[Sword and Dagger Mastery]

which literally injects muscle memory which is experience, into my body. It almost feels like playing the piano. The muscle memory in the fingers which replaces the need to constantly read the music sheets. Sometimes you don't think, you just do and you'll instinctively know it'll work.

During our moments of rest, Mel would show me a few tips and tricks when wielding the dagger. From a glance, one would assume that I would beat her. As I am a few inches taller, and not to brag but I do have muscles. However, she proved me wrong. Her counters, he tricks. The way she somehow skilfully unequipped my blade from my grip and the times my weight was used against me. Which somewhat reminded me of Judo, she would block my blade, place herself under my centre of gravity and forcefully move me. All in all, I was impressed. Of course, she took the opportunity to keep flashing her cleavage at me. Which caused many of my losses.

"Remember Asai, never become arrogant or I'll personally come and kick your ass" my face planted on the ground, her knee on my back. She leaned in and whispered. Better her than that big beefy dude Alex to teach me this I guess.

In the corner of my peripheral vision I notice both Clam and Colem glaring at me. Upon making eye contact, Colem was quick to look elsewhere whilst Clam held on.

[Clam: lvl 6] 

Oh, didn't notice he levelled up. I wonder, is he receiving a slice of my experience gain? Does that mean, whoever I chose to party with in the future, I could propel them to greater heights? With this in mind, perhaps I should create my own guild one day. It would have the potential to become number one huh. And what then? Would I be granted nobility, a title and land? Einhoren is beautiful after all. Also, luckily there doesn't seem to be a Demon lord or something like the usual that I have to duke it out with.

...

After resting up, the group decided to move on. The deeper we delved into the dungeon, the more we could feel, and hear this echo. It was like a bass. Something or someone was hammering something. Before meeting this dungeon boss, it would've been nice if I could level up some more, but I guess that's just wishful thinking at this point.

179