2.24 Planning
387 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Flora scurried through her lair like a bee on LSD.

"I need more training dummies in my new bedroom! Aidan, print one more! Haidan, put it in the thingy which transfers it to the bedroom… oh, we need a name for it… let's go with the Closet of Transference!"

"Yes, Milady."

"It should wield dual swords!"

"I assume you are referring to the dummy and not the Closet of Transference. I'll print a new one with swords, Milady."

"Do I need a new bed? Give me a list of the highest-rated beds. With Righteous Punch to supply mana, I feel physical regen might be our new bottleneck for training. Do you think my new bed should provide more reg, Aidan?"

"Yes, Milady."

"Aito, why do I see activity in your library container? Are you finished with all the research tasks I've assigned to you?"

*beep beep* Aito had the grace to sound guilty.

"No more reading for you until you are done or I'm relaxing in a Jacuzzi. Jacuzzi! Aidan! I can't believe I forgot to add a Jacuzzi to the bedroom. Can Jacuzzis have stats, too?"

"Yes, Milady. Because of the water and heat elemental influences, debuff clearing or physical reg buffs are available."

"Nice! Buy the best of the latter."

 

An hour later, Flora laid in her new Jacuzzi and watched the clouds passing by.

Aidan had bought a 10x10x10m community hub. Now, Flora had two options where to log into when she was in the simulation grounds, Deriga's workshop or her new bedroom. Technically she could also do scenarios, but that beamed her away from the simulation grounds, so she didn't count it.

The bedroom contained two layers of generators below a platform. Flora divided the platform into four areas, one for sleeping, one for bathing, one for training with the dummies, and one empty. In the middle, she erected a tower with healing and damaging turrets and a screen for watching videos.

You could configure the view from your hub as you wished, and Flora chose a mountain top.

"Today we have Tuesday One. That gives us around ten days until the competition. Let's make a list of what we need to accomplish until then. Speaking about lists, let's have a look at the to-do list first."

"A: Build a mech-suit with a self-destruct button (as soon as I have the Animator class)"

"Put getting Animator on the list Champion to-do list, Prio A, building the suit, Prio B. We have to get the missing classes as soon as possible so that we have enough time to level their skills."

"A: get a melee class."

"I already have Martial Artist and Martial Monk… Oh, dear. I would like to have a look at the elemental melee classes, but I don't think it has priority right now."

"You still have the quest "Take the Sweeping-Blow aptitude test", Milady. It might help you to discover useful classes for your build."

"We'll do it today."

"A: more toast."

"I wish…" Flora sighed. "Next."

"B: mana cultivation on auto-mode (lvl 25)"

"Change the Prio to C. Oh wait. I might be able to combine it with this Monk thingy where I get stamina when doing abilities." Flora logged to the Simulation Grounds and from there to Deriga's workshop. She sat on the floor and set Mana Cultivation on auto-mode and linked it to Ora Et Labora. Then she re-entered the bedroom. "My condolences, Aidan. Now you have five Flora-bodies to look over, one in my lair in a box, one in my workshop pummeling a dummy, one on the unholy cliff in a box, one in Deriga's workshop cultivating and one in the bedroom in the Jacuzzi. That is crazy."

"We'll manage, Milady. B: If you want to store your loot in your bag or inventory with a spell, visit Rankspesh in Paweben."

"Not necessary for the champion competition. Next."

"B: Aquire a better flame."

"Not necessary for the champion competition. Next."

"B: Remote Arms Class (Cradle)"

"Why did I want to have this class?"

"Among other benefits, it will make our robots stronger."

"Prio A, next."

"B: Elemental Master Class (Cradle)"

"Why did I want to have this class?"

" Among other benefits,  + 1 training efficiency modificator for all elemental affinities."

"Prio A, next. Burned toast and stale jam, so many important things."

"B: Secondary effect attack."

"That would have been useful in the fight against the slippery Sulfur−At least if I would have been able to hit him with it… Why did you suggest I use Smite, Aito?"

*beep*

"Aito delegated the explanation to me, Milady. Smite is an Intent-based spell. As long as you can sense the target and concentrate on it, it will hit."

Flora nodded.

"B: Building an effective Healing-Repairing Turret."

"Prio C."

"B: Subspaces: Meditation Chamber, Community Hub, Shrine."

"Right, we now have a Community Hub. What do I have to do to get a Shrine or a Meditation Chamber?"

"Most branches have a quest at level 100 in which you can get the subspace for the class. The quest for the elemental mage is on the Cradle at Zauberberg. If you manage to do it while you are in tier 1 you gain not only the Meditation Chamber but also an excellent Achievement. Additionally, the challenge takes only 25 minutes."

"Hmm, and one more body for you to administer … why not? Prio A."

"C: test if it is really impossible to modify items from the shop."

"Next."

"C: Sponsored activities: Coke"

"Next."

"C: Summoner Class (Cradle)"

"Hmm… Prio D."

"C: Clan Quests"

"Next."

"C: Monday 2, get more nocks from Doc Brownski."

"Oops, forgot about that. Next."

"C: Controlling a nitro mech-suit."

"Prio C on our Champion list as well."

"C: Skills to learn: Bolster Immune System, Flush Out"

"Prio B. They would have been handy for breaking Sulfur's enchantments."

"D: Bully Robby into letting Flora have a spin in a toaster."

"Next."

"D: What makes elementals reveal their name?"

"Just continue collecting numbers, dear. I don't feel we have enough yet to be sure."

"E: The price of stamina potions."

"Next."

"That was the entire list, Milady. I suggest we add to the Champion list gaining more achievements with OV bonus to attributes. You might have some of the highest attribute levels for level 1, but people still have better stats because OV bonuses bolster their attributes."

"Sounds good, please research achievements. And we need another bullet point to remind me of the things I have ordered Aito and you to investigate, Prio A. I know I asked a few things from Aito, but I remember none of it."

"You asked her how to acquire the Mad Scientist class, how you can help to level the Natives, to investigate the SwordOfMicheal, and analyze your weaknesses and strengths."

Aito provided links in ways to level the Natives, but Flora wasn't interested in listening to it at the moment. However, she also had found some hints about Mad Scientists. They held a convention every Thursday One night. Flora cackled in delight and wrote on her to-do list.

"Aidan, help me with coming up with a plan for the next days. I want every morning an hour for skill training. And I have to finish the quests for Evailyn and the tanks and coins for the Riverstones. Additionally, I want to do some martial arts classes and free running."

"Do you want to watch the PvP match of the Riverstones on Tuesday Two?"

"I do! And I want to take naps. You should never skimp on napping time."

"Tuesday One:

09:30 – 10:00  Spell Training

10:30 – 14:30  Sweeping Blow (takes approx. 4 h, often more)

14:30 – 16:00  Nap

16:00 – 20:00  Animator (Course starts exactly at 16:00! Only two courses per day)

20:30 – 22:00  Martial Arts

22:00 – 24:00  Crafting

Tuesday Two:

08:30 – 09:30  Spell Training

10:00 – 14:30  Remote Arms (Quest starts exactly at 10:00! Only one per day)

14:30 – 16:00  Nap

16:00 – 18:00  PvP Matches

18:30 – 22:00  Martial Arts and Free Running

22:00 – 24:00  Crafting

Wednesday One:

08:30 – 09:30  Spell Training

09:30 – 12:00  Elemental Caverns (Quest for Meditation Chamber)

12:00 – 15:00  Selection of the entourage for the competition

15:00 – 17:00  Nap

17:00 – 21:00  Martial Arts and Free Running

21:00 – 22:00  Elemental Master Class (unsure time requirement)

22:00 – 24:00  Crafting"

"Stop," Flora said. "I don't think the schedule pays heed to the time dilation. From 22:00 to 10:00 would be 36 hours in time dilation. If I use extra time during the day, I will be bone tired in the evening. Let's make a 22:00 to 10:00 schedule first."

"22:00 – 00:30 Sleep

00:30 – 03:00  Crafting

03:00 – 03:30  Nap

03:30 – 04:30  Training

04:30 – 05:30  Crafting/Business

05:30 – 08:00  Sleep

08:00 – 08:30  Spell Training

08:30 – 09:00  Reading

09:00 – 10:00  Nap"

"What do you think about hiring a martial arts instructor? A mixed martial arts guy would be preferable. So we can train martial arts in time dilation. Someone from the clan would be great because then the time dilation will profit our own guys."

"Excellent idea, Milady. Five people offer training for unarmed combat. RadGlory Flow (MMA, Squad 1-1), Ramrock BayernMuenchen (Krav Maga, Self-defense, Squad 1-2), Armer Bulle (Tactical Combat, Squad 3-1), Emily Huhu (MMA, Squad 3-1), Dex LexFlex (Tactical Combat, Squad 3-2). The Sweeping Blow will test you for weapon aptitude as well, so you might consider weapon training."

Flora called Robby.

"Ma! Shit! I've read your mail. What a mess!"

"Good morning, sweetie." Flora smiled and shrugged. "As long as your clan doesn't suffer, it will be all right."

"Yeah, my guys are looking in the situation. They already found out that our sponsor has ties to the CoCC and a few business partners who've grown distant in the last week. But if they are playing political games with us, then we'll gladly let them go and look for new ones. I can't stand good weather friends."

"I'm sorry, sweetie. What did you say about cocks?"

"C o C C, Ma! Church of Christ – Catholizism."

"I have trouble fitting the CoCC into my plans. The CoCC might be too big for its own good, or maybe the CoCC is smaller than its owners believe. The CoCC isn't hard enough to pound me."

"Ma! You are horrible! Wait! I have to tell Hub your puns before I forget them!" Robby laughed and disappeared.

Flora left the Jacuzzi and faced the training dummies. "We'll start at the top of the skill list. Just display the name, Aidan, and I try to remember the diagram and cast it."

When Flora reached Magical Saw, Robby reappeared in the communications window.

"Hub sends his regards. He thinks racism is missing in your list of offenses and offers to write an article about your cruel behavior towards black men, namely me." Robby smirked.

"Not funny! Okay, maybe a bit. Robby, I'm really sorry that you have to suffer because of my toils. I want to make it up to you. If you have any requests, I'll come through."

"Thank you, Ma. I spoke with Hub and Lana, and we are standing fully behind you and will deal with the fallout. Concentrate on castrating the CoCC. Afterward, we'll see what we can do to develop the clan."

Flora didn't know what to say, and tears welled in her eyes. Sometimes she asked herself what she could have done better in raising her son, whether she concentrated too much on her career, whether Robby received enough support and attention. However, at other times he proved that he was the best possible son any mother could hope for despite her shortcomings and the difficulties of single motherhood.

Robby laughed. "No worries, Ma. We got this."

"Thanks." Flora sniffed.

"We are still training for the match tomorrow, so I have to go. Love you!"

After Robby ended the call, Flora stood lost in thought. She had the feeling that she had forgotten something.

"What about the martial arts training, Milady?"

Flora snapped her fingers. "Burned toast and stale jam! I'm getting mushy with old age!"

I just posted the Patreon exclusive bonus chapter for August O.o. It's a board meeting of the clan Riverstones.

If you want to join my Patreon and read it, wait a day until September or you have to pay twice.

Bedroom

11