Prologue – Onwards, to Whitewind!
2.4k 14 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I flew on top of my broom through the vast plains, I finally sighted a city ahead, “Hey Iris, I think that one is the capital!” I mentioned while turning my head towards my shoulder.

On top of it, lied a fairy, the flames that emanated from her body were as pretty as ever… Slowly, she opened her eyes and looked at the direction we were flying for a few seconds before replying, “Aria, you said that to the last five large cities we found, are you sure that one is truly Whitewind?”

“Of course I’m not!” I answered proudly, which got me a grumble from Iris, “You’re very well aware that I have no idea on how to read a map, so we can only trust the directions we got from that merchant in Fyndal.”

She sighed before replying, “I still think you should have just stayed in Nyllia, there was no need to come all the way to Lzarier just for a new start.”

“Again with that? Come on, Iris, we’ve been traveling for months now and you’re still stuck at that idea? There was nothing for me in Nyllia.” I replied the same thing I said in the last one hundred times we had this conversation.

“Because spending almost all of your money in buying food throughout the trip was certainly a better idea than finding a job in any village…” Dear gods, she’s harsh today! Sorry if I never realized I should have learned how to hunt while studying magic.

“Don’t be like that… I mean, we’re already here, so there is no point in worrying that much, is there? Our new start is about to begin.” I tried to make her give up on it, because I definitely did not need another scolding on how rash I was in leaving like I did…

“I suppose you’re right…” She sighed again before continuing, “But a Heroes’ Guild? Are you sure you’re going to be alright? I don’t think it’s a suitable environment for you.”

She’s so cute when she worries like that, “It will be fine, all heroes need to start small, right? I’m sure they have some jobs that we can clear just fine, as long as we don’t get involved with the big stuff we should be safe.”

“You really should stop underestimating a hero’s job, it’s a big deal, alright? You take a job to kill some goblins, then you suddenly get ambushed by a giant wurm that they raised since it was a child! There is no ‘safe’ when you’re talking about heroes, you need to be prepared to risk your life at any given occasion!” Gods, no, she entered lecture mode… I need an escape… What do I say, what do I say…? Ah, I know!

“Iris!” I suddenly shouted, interrupting her.

“Wh-whoa!? Don’t shout like that… What is it?” Her surprised face is lovely… Ah, Iris, if only you could see yourself in a mirror right now…

“I love you.” I simply said, which immediately made her blush… It always amaze me how even a fire fairy can get redder at times.

“Don’t say that… You know how I feel about it…” I think her embarrassed face is definitely the most lovely of them all, I wish she could show me that all day.

I turned my face ahead before replying, “I know, but my feelings won’t change that easily.” The city was still pretty far, but we could wait, neither of us is going anywhere… Not for now at least.

50