Member of Blue Rose 2
1.5k 7 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The atmosphere in the room was so cold. Can someone turn off the air conditioner? I was not good with this kind of atmosphere.

 

"So, is there something you want to say?"

 

"I-I am sorry?"

 

Those gaze was really cold. I unconsciously apologize to her. if you made a woman mad, it will be better to just apologize and not made any excuse.

 

There was nothing that can be gained by arguing with an angry woman. I put my head down, not daring to look at her. We stayed like that for a few minutes. 

 

like feeling this was going nowhere, she started talking to me.

 

"Sigh... Forget about it, Most of it was Hiratsuka-sensei fault anyway... But it was also partly my fault because of not locking the door. "

 

Unexpectly, she started to forgi-.

 

"But this was also partly your fault for not stopping her" she said continuing her previous sentence.

 

"hahaha..."

 

I showed her a troubled laugh. Well, it was true anyway. I could stop Hiratsuka-sensei If I wanted, but I decide to let it happened.

 

Maybe she decided, she already waste too much time with me. She asked directly about the main issue.

 

"So, do you have some business with me which make you asking help from her?"

 

"Well actually..."

 

I explained about my business with Roselia. Hoping that I can met with all of the member to discuss a live performance. 

 

I told her that, it will be easier if I approached the member in school first with the help of teacher. 

 

There was actually another member of Roselia in this school. Even so, I decided to talk with Sayo first because I heard the other one had quite the introverted personality. It might be hard to talk to her.

 

"I understand... For something like this, We need all of the band member... I compliment you for your effort in approaching me first"

 

"Even though its not going the way you wanted though... or is it?"

 

"hahaha..."

 

I heard that you need to be careful when picking a flower especially a rose. it will hurt a lot when you were pricked by its thorn. 

 

This was just the first one, could it be that my body will be full of thorns when I finished this.

 

"Well... You already got into trouble to contact me, I guess I will help... I will contact Minato-san and the rest of the member for you... We actually have a practice this afternoon"

 

"Eh... really?.... Thank you so much Hikawa-senpai"

 

I decided not to be overly familiar with her. It was okay with the previous band girl because they were kind of the cheerful bunch. That's why I just went with the flow.

 

However with her, let just took the safe route. God knows, what would happen if I called her by her first name now.

 

She was at least nice enough to arrange a meeting for me with her band. For that, I was thankful.

 

She stood up and went to her bag to look for her phone. I saw her bag was full of her study book and some music magazine. After some time She she typed something in her phone.

 

Now that I look at her, she had mature aura around her which was really different from Hina even though they were twin. I could understand a bit why Hina always praise her sister. Even though she looked cold, she still helped me after all of that.

 

Maybe she will act nicer if that accident didn't happened

 

While waiting, I decided to make some small talk.

 

"I heard a lot of things about you from Hina, Hikawa-senpai... I was worried at first but you are really cool as she said"

 

I tried to talk about the things we both knew. I remember Hina said that they were quite distant now, But seeing Hina talking about her happily, I just want to check wether its true or not. I was sure that mentioning her name was still considered safe. But I didn't know how wrong I was.

 

Her hand that typed the message stopped. She was having a complicated expression. I waited a few moments until she talked.

 

"Do you know Hina?"

 

"ah... yes... I got to know her when I just moved... She talked a lot about you, about how you were really cool and so on"

 

"I see"

 

That was her only response before she continued to type the message for her band members. After some time a reply was heard from her phone. She looked at it briefly and talked to me.

 

"They agreed to meet... We will gather in the family restaurant after our practice please come there on time"

 

She gave me a detail of time and place for the meeting.

 

"Thank you Hikawa-senpai"

 

I gave my gratitude to her.

 

"No need... This will be all I can offer to help... You need to convince us... For your information, I still didn't agreed to this... Roselia won't perform in stage that beneath us..."

 

She said in a confident tone. I didn't know whether it was from arrogance or her pride as Roselia member.

 

"Don't worry... I am sure I can convince all of you"

 

"That's good then... so are your business done?"

 

She spoke expressionlessly. Could it be she didn't want me to be here?

 

If I left now, she will only get a bad impression about me. I was sure this would affect their decision later. 

 

"Can I observe your practice for a bit?"

 

"hmm?... Why would you do that?"

 

"I didn't join any club yet ... Because I am already here, I want to see the archery club... I am actually quite interested in Japanese Archery"

 

She looked at me suspiciously. I expected to be rejected here but still try it anyway.

 

"Okay"

 

Maybe she didn't care someone watching. She let me observe her practice.

 

There were some preparation needed before she can do her archery. She went to prepare it. From the bow, target practice and even glove to protect her hand.

 

After she was done preparing all of it, She took position in the middle of the dojo. She hold a tall bow as tall as her height. 

 

The bow was held using her left hand. She gripped the string and drawn it with her right hand. On it was a glove for archery to protect her delicate finger. Her gaze was focusing on the target.

 

Silence was the only thing in this room.

 

A wind was blowing and ruffle her hair. But even that didn't break her concentration.

 

Beautiful, I thought silently. Then like finishing all of the necessary steps, She released her hand from the string. The arrow was let loose toward the target. however, she still held her position. 

 

Even thought the arrow was already left her hand, her concentration was still there. It didn't end until the arrow reached its target. Its like she wanted to say that.

 

*Tak*

 

The sound of arrow hitting the target was heard from afar. I looked at it from here with my eyes. Yes, It was a hit in the center of the target.

 

She lowered the bow signifying the end of the first shot.

 

I can only admire her gracefulness when she shot that arrow. 

 

After that she did a few more shoot, Her concentration didn't break even once. Even thought, I was watching here from sidelines. It was like I didn't exist in her eyes.

 

"Would you like to try?" Suddenly she said that to me.

 

I thought she would ignore me. That's why, I was quite surprised here.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"I think it will be better than just watching... It will be good for me if you are interested  in the club after all"

 

I nodded my head. She took me to the equipment room and gave me the practice bow. We  went back and I took my position in the archery range.

 

"Do you have experience in archery?" she said to me

 

"Ah... One of my friend at home is good at archery... So I got some basic down... But I think she use difference stance than the one you used"

 

There was time when Rean and I saw Alisa practice her archery. She also told us some useful information. Rean was also interested in Japanese culture because it was similar with his master culture in his old world.

 

"Then you should..."

 

She taught me about the general knowledge and archery stance used here. The archery was actually called Kyudo in Japan. The Kyudo or archery in Japan focused into two different kind of practice, one focus on aesthetic and the other focus on efficiency.

 

She patiently taught me the correct form used. She fixed my posture into the correct one.

 

Now that I realized it, This was kind of nice, being taught alone by her in this clubroom. Well I was sure she thought, she was only teaching her junior.

 

"Do you understand it Artel-san?"

 

"ah... yes"

 

I responded absentmindedly. Even though my mind wander a bit, I still got most of what she said.

 

"Then try to shoot, Don't worry if you miss"

 

She said to me.

 

I took a stance in the middle of the shooting range. Lets see how was it again?

 

I tried to remember how Sayo shot just now and her explanation. I focused my mind, I cut all of other thought. I select all of the useful information that Sayo said to me.

 

My face became expressionless. Sayo was surprised at my change from the other side. Even so, she decided to just watch without commenting.

 

First place your footing and prepare your body stance to shoot. Focus on the balance of your body.

 

Then ready your bow, raise the bow above your head to prepare your drawing and bring it down slowly while drawing the string until it reached full draw.

 

Last, release the arrow and shout Stella as loud as you can to give power to the arrow.... eh?...

 

no, no the last one was wrong... I didn't want to die yet like certain archer when using his noble phantasm.

 

Damn it focus Elliot. I renew my concentration again.

 

Last, focus on the target and release the arrow to it. don't lose your concentration and stance until it reached the target. I imitate all of the steps that Sayo used previously as precise as possible.

 

I let loose the arrow. I observe the arrow flying into the target.

 

*Tak*

 

The sound of arrow hitting the target was heard again. The same with Sayo shot, it also pierce the target in the center.

 

Sayo was surprised. She didn't really expect me to succeed in my first try. 

 

I sighed in relief. I hoped that will at least improve her impression of me.

 

"Is this really your first time, That was beautiful form just now"

 

She asked me curiously.

 

"Maybe because I also practiced martial arts, and I remembered something when I studied Japan with my friend at home"

 

"What  is that?"

 

"The term Seisha Seichu... That's why I decided to imitate your form of shooting to get the best result senpai"

 

Seisha Seichu or if it was translated Perfect Form Perfect Shot.  It was one of the original goal of Japanese archery. It mean that an arrow shot correctly will always hit its target.

 

In other words, hitting the target is nothing more than the result of shooting the arrow correctly. That's why I focused to get the best form possible from imitating her form and stance.

 

"I didn't know you even heard that term... but knowing and applying it was two different things... It is impressive to hit the target in your first try... You did a good job"

 

She complimented me with a small smile. That was the first smile she showed me. I kind of happy to see that the coldness was not the only things she had.

 

"hahaha... It's nothing special... I just imitate the form that you used... It was so beautiful so It was easy for me to remember"

 

"I-is that so"

 

She looked away after hearing my words. 

 

"Can I continue to shoot?... I kind of like the feeling just now"

 

"Go ahead"

 

Both of us continued to practice archery after that. We didn't do any small talk. Only the melody of arrow and drawing string decorate the room. 

 

We only concentrate to hit the target in front of us. Even so, I also like this kind of atmosphere.

 

After a while, Sayo took a rest. She wipe her face with a towel. Her body was full of sweat because of the practice.

 

I decided that I also have enough. Even though I did the same number of shot, my breath was still normal. 

 

I looked at her from the side. Her hair was wet from all of the practice. I kept it in my heart that she looked hot when she was like this. I didn't want her impression of me to drop again.

 

"Hikawa-senpai, why are you starting archery?"

 

I decided to ask her to waste some time.

 

She put down the sport drink that she took. She thought about my question for a bit and after a few moments answered me.

 

"No specific reason. I tried out a lot of different clubs and picked the one that suited me the most. That just happened to be the Archery Club."

 

"Is that all?"

 

I asked her. She was silent for a bit, then hesitantly answered.

 

"... If I had to give a reason, it'd be that it seemed like a sport Hina would never do."

 

I listened quietly.

 

"But now, I'm glad that I did. The teachings and ideas behind archery really suit me."

 

Something that her sister would never do? did she hate it that much doing the same thing as her? I asked her something that had been bothering me. I wanted to hear it from her. I know its bad If I asked it, when I just met her today.

 

"hey, Hikawa-senpai are you and your sister didn't get along?"

 

But like betraying my own inner thought, I said that without hesitation.

 

I knew I was being nosy. Unlike the case with the Afterglow girl, I was not the cause this time. So I didn't have any right to interfere in their affair.

 

But when I remembered how Hina talked happily about her sister and how Sayo had complicated expression when I asked her about Hina. I can't just left it like that. 

 

I knew Hina really loved her sister from the way she talked about her, but what about Sayo? Even though she showed me that expression when I just said her name. Did she not having any positive feeling for her sister?

 

I didn't know if I can help them. This was a problem between both of them. If a little talking from me can solve their problem, then its good. However, I doubt it. Still I wanted to try. Even If it was just a little, I hoped it could become a spark to mend their relationship.

 

She was silent from my question.

 

"I am sorry... I didn't want to talk about it"

 

"ah... no its okay... I know its none of my business"

 

I failed, I guess. Maybe I was being too hasty. However I hoped she would talk to me about it someday.

 

When I knew it, I heard the bell of the last period. All of the students stopped doing their club activities and went home.

 

"ah... I think that's all for today... If you are interested to join the archery club, please let me know, you have the talent for it...Lets meet again later"

 

"ah... sure"

 

Deciding that It was not good for me to be here, I excuse myself. There was some time before the meeting time, I decide to eat something first and prepare myself to convince all of the member.

 

Let's hope that It will be a smooth sailing after this.

 

Despite his wish, He never expected that he will get another stab of the thorn from the other members of the Blue Rose.

32