Chapter 1
45 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was at 2:00 am when the floor of the hotel suite gradually lit up with different ancient characters, consisting of every language known to the world. But if one were to look closely enough, one would realize that some characters have never been seen by any being on the planet. As time went by, the king-sized bed in the room was surrounded by an array of characters, with each character pulsing as if mimicking a heartbeat.

The sole guest of the suite was stirred from her slumber due to the commotion occurring around the bed. She stared wide-eyed and shocked at the event unfolding around her without being able to grasp the situation. Her only thought was to get away from the room as soon as possible. As her feet made contact with the floor, the array suddenly flared up and engulfed her and the whole room in light, temporarily blinding her before flashing out of existence along with the guest.

This was the day that Capella Amery went missing, or so it should have been. In the now empty hotel suite, a much more magnificent array could be seen, gradually appearing. A couple of minutes later, a beautiful magic circle appeared on the room's floor. And as the light of the magic circle began to die out, a figure could be seen emerging from the centre. She wore a beautiful black and gold embroidered hanfu while holding an oil paper umbrella above her head.

As the figure slowly steps out of the now-fading magic array, the surrounding space seems to bend and ripple with her every movement, as if making way for her master. Capella slowly moved toward the closet as she stripped out of the hanfu and selected a pair of bloomers and a t-shirt before crawling onto the bed and placing the umbrella on the side of the bed frame, as she slowly drifted back into slumber.

She woke approximately four hours later, the time being 7:00 am, to the sound of her bodyguard knocking on the door. "Young Miss Capella, it is time to get ready for your flight to country Z, which leaves at 10:00 am." Capella slowly steps out from under the sheets and replies, "Okay, I will be out in a minute." Capella walks towards the bathroom and takes a quick shower. She steps out of the shower a few minutes later and steps into the closet to select her dress for the day.

Capella stands at 164 cm, making her the average height for a 15-year-old. As she also has a very slender and mature figure, she chose to put on a loose white t-shirt tucked into a pair of black shorts, topped off with a tricoloured jacket. She moved to the suite's door while wearing the jacket and asked her bodyguard, "Selen, will you get in here and help me braid my hair into a ponytail?" As the last word left Capella's mouth, the door swung open as Selen stepped in with a hairstyling kit and moved behind her charge and got to work.

"The driver has already brought the car around after getting the cup of coffee and scones for your breakfast," Selen reports as she places a snake-shaped hair clip above her left ear. Capella checks herself one last time in front of the mirror before stating, "Let's get going and not leave the driver waiting, shall we?" She and Selen headed to the first-floor reception to check out.

Selen was left in charge of the checkout while Capella got into the back of the car. A couple of minutes later, Selen stepped into the car, and the driver left the hotel premises and headed toward the airport.

Capella could be seen taking in the view of the city as the car drove through it. "It has indeed been a long time since I have seen this view." She whispered to herself. Capella became more immersed in her thoughts as they drove down the street, wondering what would happen to the main plot of this story world she was born into now that she had returned to the day she vanished, with complete control over space and time. Of course, she could view the future, but that would betray her reasons for coming and enjoying a peaceful life after ten millennia of cultivation. She could only hope that the world's will would not try anything stupid after all, because destroying the world she worked so hard to return to would leave a bad taste in her mouth, so let's hope that the world understands that a tier 3 existence should not be toyed with. 

4