Blackmail – Beatrica 1
16.6k 10 278
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As demon lord  I actually have quite a lot of powers. For example, as one of the great demon lords, Asmodeus, I have access to the highest tier magics, tremendous mana and endurance, the ability to create various types of demons, and various other abilities. I am also highly resistant to weapons, immune to fire, but I am weak against elemental thunder, cold and of course holy magic. I also have a wide range of abilities that target mortal weaknesses, and the ability to cause uncontrolled intoxication, pleasure, and the power to brew all sorts of sexual concoctions. 

Within my room, there’s actually a secret passage and labyrinth that leads to a hidden prison and torture chamber. There are many prisoners here, but because it’s deep underground, no one can hear them. 

And I saw her. 

“Beatrica.” 

A silver-haired young lady raised her head. She’s been in my prison for a year, before I even reincarnated into the demon lord. She’s weak. 

In the original game, she’s tortured to extract something from her, a rare magical stone known as Verak, which, in the hands of demons, can be used to do great things. The heroes, eventually stumbled on her village, and the villagers there, her family, asked for the heroes to help rescue her. 

Which they did, and that became the first fight between Asmodeus and the hero. Asmodeus was defeated, but not slain, and he fled to regroup with the other demon lords. 

Beatrica didn't say a word, she could barely lift her head. 

"What should I do with you?" 

I don't want to keep her here, because that leads the heroes to me. So I am in a dilemma, as in... what do I do? If I plan to take her out, how do I transport her? 

Well... maybe I could get her on my side... Perhaps, inflict a case of Stockholm syndrome on her? 

I squat down, my fingers checked on her face. She's tired. 

"Hmmm, would you like to work for me?"

She didn't say a thing.

"Do you know why you are here?"

"...no." She said weakly.

I don't plan to tell her that her body contained a special magical stone. There are better ways to do this. "Well, did you know your family has underpaid their taxes for the past few years?" Truth is, almost all villages in the world underpaid the Crown, and the Crown is too preoccupied with the wars and monsters to care.

She didn't react, but I could tell she heard it. It's making her think. 

"The punishment for underpayment of taxes is either jail time or whipping, or confiscation. I could confiscate your home by law, but I have no use for it."

She's quiet.

"And actually, the rest of the village is also guilty of tax avoidance. Like the hidden stash of produce in the woods, or that underground storeroom beneath the house." She paused. 

I wondered whether she is wondering how I know, well, that's because I played the game, and that's where all the loot and potions are kept. It's a common feature of the villages to have these secret stockpiles.

"I sympathise, they are poor and old, but law is law, and the King has the right to extract what he sees fit from the land."

She looked up. 

"So... rather than punish them, I thought it would be better to have a young lady like yourself to work for me. Then I will be gracious and turn away my eye from your quiet little village. At least I will tell the King that I have dispensed suitable punishment. You."

I could sense her brain working overdrive. 

"Or perhaps you'd rather the villagers be strung and paraded in the towns... or like that fire that... accidentally burnt a village. Would be a shame if accidents... occurred."

She's still quiet.

I stood. Alright, I think I offered her a choice she could not refuse. 

"I'll come back tomorrow."

278