[Vol 1] Chapter 38
9.1k 16 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I left the bath with Ruru, more enervated than ever. I gave the wolf-girl a change of clothes, although it was nothing more than an over-sized robe for her. I couldn't find anything that could accommodate her tail at all. Ruru covers herself with the robe and takes in deep breaths feeling pleased. Looks like she's satisfied after a bath she hasn't had for a long time.

While Ruru was preoccupied with her new robe, I changed the bedsheets into a new one and threw them into the laundry. I also used an air purifier to remove some of the sweaty smell. 

When I was done, I called Ruru over to sit on the bed with me, although she might have gotten the wrong idea when I did so. Her behaviour was somewhat fidgety, a faint blush powdered on her cheeks. I let out a small cough, and patted at the spot in front of me. Ruru nods and shifts into position compliantly. It looked like she was satisfied after what we did... in the bath. Ruru wasn't being difficult for now.

When she was quiet and listening obediently, Ruru looked just like a clueless teenager a few years younger than me. You wouldn't really associate this girl as someone with a precocious, and needy behaviour. Not that I hated it, but I thought that I preferred the normal Ruru.

In any case, this was a perfect opportunity. Now that the both of us have calmed down, there were a few things I had to make clear to this girl. First... was the item she happened to give me in the bath.

I looked at Ruru who sat in a seiza in front of me, and sighed.

“Say, Ruru.”

“Yes, Master!”

“...This, thing... That’s… ...what I think it is, right?”

“Mm-mm!” The wolf-girl nodded strongly.

Pointing to a metallic black object in her hands, “...A slave collar?”

“...Un!” Her tail wagged adorably as usual but I couldn’t let myself be swayed. 

“Ruru, are you really aware of what this is? You know this is something that restricts your freedom, right?”

“Un! Ruru understands! Slave collar! Ruru bad girl, neck, makes boom!”

...G-Go... boom? Why was Ruru saying it as if she didn't mind it happening to her.

I pressed my hand against my forehead and groaned. This is why we needed this talk.

“—No problem! Good girl, listen to, Master! Ruru, connected with, Master! More important!”

“...Ah… haah…” I sighed. Ruru looked at me excitedly while presenting the collar like it was treasure. 

I shook my head and let out another sigh. I knew Ruru had most likely fallen in love with me due to the influence of a suspension bridge effect, but now her current condition suggested that she had contracted something far more inhibitive than I had initially thought. I don’t think someone who was completely sane would gladly return to being mistreated. Yet from the fervent look in her eyes, I couldn’t find an opening to persuade her otherwise.

“...I’ll ask this again, where did you even get this?” 

Ruru tilts her head at my question. It seems like she still won’t say anything about it. 

...In that case, I’m left with no choice. 

“You won’t tell me? Didn't you tell me, you were a good girl?” I forced out a smirk.

“U...Uuu... this...”

“...Ruru...?” 

“... ...” Ruru was trying to look scared, but her ears and tail betrayed her true feelings. She was clearly anticipating a 'punishment' from me! Was was her mind always filled with obscene thoughts...! Ruru's gaze had unconsciously dropped even lower on my body, the corners of her mouth curled up into a smile, thinking that I wouldn’t notice it. 

It wasn’t as if we hadn’t already done it once in the morning, but it felt like I was simply unable to appease her completely. Although I had promised responsibility, I hadn't expected to also take care of Ruru's strong libido this often. It really lived up to her sexual appetite as a half-beast. Having a beautiful wolf-girl take care of your body needs every day? Sure, it definitely sounded like a luxury at first. But if I was already having a headache on the second day, how much better was I able to handle the third and the fourth? 

"Come here."

"Okay, Master! Ruru understands! Ruru is ready— Ah!"

I sat her on my legs, and she plastered her back against my chest.

“Listen here... your master has his limits, okay?” I hesitantly guided her hand to my crotch over the robe to let her know that I was not having a reaction. If I did this to any other girl, I would surely be labelled as a pervert. But this was probably the only way to show it to Ruru who was currently looking for ways to get in my pants.

Ruru touches the bulge in between my legs for a moment, and molds her fingers to a gentle caress.

This girl! Did she just lick her lips?!

When her strokes became increasingly stimulating, I jerked my waist away to stop her from continuing. She looks at me with a disappointed look, ponders for a bit and continued,

“...But Master, broke Ruru's cage? Master, is strong.”

Cage? Oh, of course, the cage she was in before. 

But it was only easy to break because the cage fundamentally ran on mana circuits. I wouldn’t even be able to put a dent onto those thick metal bars had it been built out of something else, much less turning it completely into rubble. I wasn’t yet strong enough to punch through pure, heavy iron. 

Alloy reinforced with mana circuits might be the strongest and most common material in this country, but it just so happened to be really easy for me to destroy as a Stray. With the skill debuff:「Disarmed Circuit」, anything that contains mana circuits will be wrecked with a single touch. 

It wasn’t surprising that Ruru came to that conclusion. She must have made attempts to break out from the inside before. But it was clear that I wasn’t ever going to match the strength of a beast-kin, much less one with a higher level than me. I thought it was strange that she’s overestimating my abilities, considering the fact that she’s always the one who would take the dominant position in bed.

I was about to explain this to her… when I thought that something didn't add up. 

Strange how Ruru knew about the cage breaking, since she was unconscious at the time.

Unless… if she wasn’t, then many things would make sense.

“...Ruru? How did you know about that?”

Ruru blanked out for a moment, and instantly covered her mouth.

“Dream! Ruru’s dream! Ruru was, sleeping! Right! Sleeping!!”

“...Hmm…” I looked at her suspiciously. 

It can’t be… she was awake ever since I came into that room? 

If so, all the embarrassing things I did to her… and all her unconscious movements behind my back... 

“...Ruru…” I squinted my eyes and stared at her accusingly. Her tail jolted up, and eventually fell flat on the bedsheets.

“...Tell me the truth.”

"R-Ruru... p-pretended to sleep... B...But... Ruru thought... it was, dream... so, ...so..."

A dream huh.

I wiped off her tears, and smiled wryly. 

“Master… forgive Ruru…?”

"Of course, Ruru did nothing wrong."

"U-Uuu... Master..."

“Besides... I’m sure… you must have been too embarrassed to tell me about it.” 

Ruru buries her head in my chest.

I understand now, she didn’t hold any malicious thoughts from it. In that trance where she was left half-alive with all those wounds from before, it was reasonable that she would have woken up at some point, just not conscious enough to make sense of reality.

But.... letting her go like this feels a little easy on her.

Her body that was squirming on my lap seemed to have awoken something in me.

“I understand now, Ruru is a shameless girl heh?”

I leaned towards her ear... and blew into it. 

“Fueehhh?!” Ruru’s ears twitched greatly, as she turned her head sideways at me with watery eyes. 

“…No need to hide it anymore, Ruru… you’re… such a lewd girl. ...What did you think would happen if we were found out? Did you feel even more excited…?” I rubbed her ears as payback, and it responded with frantic twitches. But my eyes winced when I realized that my pants were starting to get soaked underneath her butt. Ruru seemed to have noticed it as well, and her face immediately grew a deep shade of red.

“...U-Uuu... Master... Now Master... knows everything...” Ruru covered her face in shame. 

I laughed wryly while separating our bodies, and grabbed a towel at the side to wipe off the stains. 

"But, no more lies got it? Your master is a very strict person who hates liars.”

“...U-Un. Ruru remembers forever. Master only, Ruru tells no lies!” Ruru beamed with her tail at full throttle.

...Only…? Well whatever. 

“Let’s set the issue of the collar aside for now.” I quickly dispelled the strange mood.

“It’s time to establish some house rules.” 

“...House… rules?” Ruru repeated those words with a head tilt, her tail swaying to and fro while listening to me. I briefly looked away to suppress another nosebleed.

“...Master?”

“...No, it’s nothing… So where was I...”

“Hawsu-rururu!” She must have thought that the term was funny to her, as she giggled heartily and patted her lap.

How could there be a girl this cute? Not good, nosebleed.

“...Mm, right. So Ruru, I accept you staying here. ...But you should be aware of this… your current situation isn't looking too good. Because… you have a... different appearance from people here.”

I tried to phrase the words nicely so she wouldn’t be hurt. Ruru's initial enthusiasm died of a little, but she still seemed to be listening to me carefully. I didn’t stay on that topic longer than required, since I didn’t want her to feel too uncomfortable. 

“We have to draw the line on what things you can do, and what you must not do. And while I don’t want to force you to obey them... I have to do whatever it takes if it means guaranteeing your safety. The people in this country do not like demihumans like Ruru..."

When I felt a hand over my wrist, I looked up and met with Ruru’s smile. 

“No need, Master… kind. Ruru, understands.”

I smiled, and petted her head without saying a word. Ruru giggles in bliss with eyes closed, enjoying the feeling that runs through her hair.

I was glad that she could understand me. I wanted her to feel respected as a person, and not as a pet. That was the purpose of the house rules that I am setting right now.

 

“So the first important rule: Do not leave this apartment without asking me first. The reason is simple. If you’re caught outside by someone, I am almost certain bad things are going to happen… and I might not be able to help you anymore.”

Ruru nodded. “Ruru, no cause, trouble for Master.”

“That said. I will continue to look for ways to get you out of this place. It might be a little small here, but…”

“...Ruru’s happy, anywhere with Master…”

“...Ruru…”

“Master…”

... ...

Wait a second. This mood...

Shit…! Is this wolf-girl just doing this unconsciously, or is she just coy like that?!

When I moved my face away from hers, she gave me a sulking expression. I pretended not to notice and held out a second finger.

“...Ahem… Second rule. If someone happens to visit, you have to hide yourself. For obvious reasons, I can’t let anyone see you here with me.”

Ruru nods as a signal for me to continue, and I lifted a third finger.

“Third. While I cannot satisfy all of your needs, I will take the utmost care of you while you live in this apartment with me. So if you want anything, please don’t hesitate to ask me for it. I will try—”

“—Mate!”

“—Number four. Anything lewd is limited to one time a day. And... if I feel tired for that day, I can choose to decline in... *cough* nightly activities.”

Ruru’s tail immediately dropped when I revealed that rule.

“Master… tired?” She looked tearfully at me.

Guh... I feel like an arrow has pierced through my chest as she made that comment on my endurance as a man.

“F-Fifth rule...”

“...Master, so many rules…”

*cough cough...* 

“My occupation is an adventurer. Do you know what an adventurer is?”

“...Un. Bad people, hurt Ruru… also, very strong. ...But master, different!”

“...R-Right…” I guess she had a bad history with adventurers. Still, being "different" also had a double meaning... Ruru probably didn't mean that though, but I'm still reminded of the fact that I've not done 'proper' adventurer work very much at all.

“So… as an adventurer, your master needs to go out and work…”

“Hunt, monsters?” Her eyes seemed to tremble a little. I guess she’s afraid of them. Then again, who wasn’t? I still remember the first time I saw a goblin. 

“...I do that sometimes, but I don’t do that all the time since I’m not high-ranked enough. My job usually keeps me in the city, where I help out the folks with their work. Like carrying stuff, or cleaning stuff…”

“Master, hardworking?” Ruru looked at me curiously with upturned eyes. 

“Ou…! Your master is super hardworking!”

“Ehehe…”

I chuckled while ruffling her hair happily. It made me feel fulfilled, even though it was just a small compliment.

“So because I’m out most of the time, Ruru you need to take care of yourself while you’re at home okay? This is the fifth rule.”

“...Home…”

“That’s right, this will be your home from now on.” I enjoyed seeing Ruru's expression. It made everything feel worth it.

“Master… Ruru… Ruru’s happy… Master is… home...”

“Yeah… I will be your home…” I hugged her gently. 

“Ruru, take care of home! Ruru cooks, and cleans! Leave all, to Ruru!”

“Mm-mm! Ruru is a good girl!” Ruru was so reliable, and so cute. How could anyone hate a girl like her? Beast ears? That's the best part! Beastgirls hurray! Fantasy world hurray!

“Ehehe…” Ruru's tail wagged as I pet her head even more, revealing a look of bliss.

“I will tell you where everything is later, and how to use them. So don’t worry about that.”

“Un!” 

“I guess we're done with the house rules. Any questions?”

Ruru shook her head, and replied, "...Ruru accepts house rules… but , one condition.”

“One condition…?”

I was handed something over the back of her hand. At first, I didn't realize what she was doing, until Ruru brought my arms and guided it around her neck—

"Forgive Ruru." Before I could react to those words...

—Snap.

...a locking sound could be heard.

“Ruru must become, Master’s slave! Otherwise... otherwise... Ruru... not sure... Master, might leave...”

My face paled, as the girl grinned impishly at me. 

"You don't have to do this, Ruru! I won't leave you, I won't lie to you!! Don't use something like that again...!"

"...I... know. Master, never lies. But, ...Ruru feels scared, without this. Master might disappear, Ruru feels pain, here." 

She pointed to her heart.

She was insecure, and in her mind, the only item that could truly tie our bonds together... was that.

"Ruru, be a good girl! Please take it off!!!"

Ruru simply smiles at me, and closes her eyes.

It was too late, the slave collar was already attached to her neck. I hadn’t noticed how fixated Ruru was on establishing a clear master-slave relationship between us. A circle of pink light appeared beneath her all of a sudden, making my eyes widen in astonishment. Before I could react, she took one of my fingers and bit on it lightly. 

I felt a faint streak of pain. 

“Ruru, what are you—?!” 

I saw her tongue with drips of blood. 

One drop fell down onto the magic circle, and sigils started to inscribe itself around the outer rim of the formation. The light shone even more brightly, covering the entire room. Ruru fell down to her knees, and her hands pressed onto her chest like she was having difficulties breathing. 

 

“Ruru!” I cried out.

“Master, Ruru’s… okay…”

“What are you saying?! This doesn't look safe at all! Come, Ruru, take my hand quickly! Please!” 

“Trus...t… Ru… ru…!” Her tears welled up even more. 

“Ruru… please…! Don’t do this!”

“Ruru… wore, many times… Ruru… not painful, ne?” She gave me a smile so delicate, it would break with a single touch— I immediately understood what she was saying, but I wanted to stop it from happening no matter what. I went towards her and touched the collar. But a strong, black static repelled me away and knocked me back against a wall.

 

It was absolute. An invisible wall was preventing me from reaching inside. Can't stop it this time.

I remained there gritting my teeth in frustration as I watched Ruru suffer through this process. 

“Hot…!!!” And then, something suddenly seared onto my right thumb; a silver ring had materialized on my hand. The changes did not end there. A translucent blue window appeared before me as the heat faded away.

This is...!

 

[You have established a slave contract successfully!]

”Ruru” has been added into your party.】

 

A notification appeared.

When the circle of light vanished, the collar was locked around Ruru’s neck again. And she fell limp towards the ground. 

107