Chapter 15- Underworld~2!
5.6k 17 168
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The lair of Vampires. 

As it sounds, it really was a place where cold-blooded beings could reside. 

Uneven gravity, dark clouds spread around with no sign of sun appearing from the curtains, and the chillness in the air could make a typical human's blood dry in fear. 

It indeed was a place where only the second-ranked in the strength hierarchy could habitat. 

The place Karen and Kei teleported was near the main mansion of clan Amborette. 

Karen's mother, Rita Amber, was the founder and current matriarch of the clan. 

Kei, before even the arrival of Karen in the human world, was aware of Rita being abducted from her own villa. The reason why such an old vampire was captured was still unknown to Kei since he never paid much attention to other matters. 

But right now, he felt like he had made mistake of not inquiring about Karen's mother... 

"Is it really fine to go empty hand? I mean, it's my first time going somewhere like this, so I don't know what must be done or not." 

The silver-haired girl, who looked in her early twenties, smiled playfully before suggesting something, which left Kei speechless. 

"Then how about you share some blood with her? Knowing her personality, it might be the best present you can offer." 

Karen undoubtedly was teasing him, but Kei felt that it might work as compensation since he would be dining a lot today. Well,  only if they don't feed him, humans in the name of feast, that is. 

In the barren land of nothing but pitch white snow stood a massive castle where these two headed while chatting about various things. 

At the castle, metal entrance stood a team of maids and servants who bowed simultaneously upon their arrival. 

""We welcome you, master...madame.""

Kei was having a little problem keeping his eyes away from the subject of his favorite genre in doujinshi, so he only looked at the butler in response. 

Karen narrowed her eyes since Kei's trouble was evident,  but she kept it for further teasing as she invited him inside. 

"Let's go, master."

The distance between the main entrance to the castle doors wasn't small, but the speed at which they even walked physically surpassed what a human can even dream about. 

It took them almost a minute to reach the inside when two maids greeted them again. 

"Lina-sama,  please have a change of clothes. You awfully reek the odor of those mindless beasts."

Kei was surprised that a maid talked in such a way to the clan's head daughter, but his curiosity moved toward something else first. 

"Lina?" 

Upon hearing Karen, or so Kei knew her with that name, turned toward him with a perplexed expression before she stomped her fist on her palm as if she had just realized something. 

"Ah,  I forgot to tell you. My name isn't Karen Futaba, but Lina Amber, the sole successor of the Ambriotte clan. Nice to meet you, master Kei." 

Bowing slightly while pinching the hem of her skirt, Lina greeted him once again. Kei wasn't sure how to react to such a gesture, so he concluded with a stiff nod. 

Just nod. 

One of the maids who was silent after greeting took Lina in a different direction as she spoke her parting words while walking away. 

"Follow Naomi; she would lead you to mama. I will come to join you guys just in a minute...." 

And her voice faded away with the distance. 

"Kei-sama. Should we also move?" 

Even though she has spoken twice until now, Kei concluded that this legal loli maid was sharp-tongued. 

So he nodded and started following her straight ahead inside the castle. 

"If you want, you can ask me anything, Kei-sama."

"Umm... Was it written over my face? Uh....well, I was just wondering whether talking to the princess of the clan in that way is normal here?" 

Upon hearing him, there wasn't any particular shift in Naomi's movement nor her temperament as she responded in her previous ice-cold tone. 

"If other than Madame and me, anyone dares to talk young lady disrespectfully, then I will be the first one to split their head apart." 

Kei raised his brows since even her sound was same as before; there was apparent ferocity he could sense from her tone, which signified how serious she was with her words. 

"The reason I am being frank around her, is the relationship I share with this family and the young lady." 

Kei contemplated her words for some seconds, but he didn't intend to ask further since it would sound like intruding on their personal life. He was here only for the feast, after all. 

Feast... 

**Boing** 

Feast... 

**Boing** 

*Gulp* 

"Yaho~ Kei-kun, is finally here." 

Something was bouncing and bumping in Kei's perspective, which seemed to advance toward him. Thanks to the voice which was undoubtedly directed toward him, Kei got out of his stupor as he caught the woman who jumped on him. 

"Woah! Easy there, ma'am." 

"Waah! Kei-kun is really strong and handsome." 

Who appeared in her early thirties with silvery blue long hair was, without doubt, the clan's matriarch, Rita Amber. 

Her peculiar hair, which depicts the emblem of the clan, along with the incredible aura she possesses, made Kei sure about her identity. 

But little did he expect that more than a thousand-year-old vampire would be this beautiful and....fluffy. 

Kei feared that if he didn't have so much self-control accumulated until now, he might have ended up hugging the queen without restraint by altogether avoiding the raven-haired maid, who was glaring at him intently. 

"Kei-kun? Something wrong?" 

Kei wanted to ask whether it was their family tradition to greet someone like this, but he held back and answered dishonestly. 

"Nothing. I am just honored to meet one of the oldest vampires in person."

Upon hearing him, the mature version of Lina, smiled playfully as she got down of his embrace and stood with her hand still hugging Kei's neck.

"Ara~ How wonderfully you lie, Kei~kun."

Kei didn't react since he also felt his words lacked the sentiment required to sound genuine, but he soon shrugged it off since he wasn't actually here for the greeting. He was here for the feast! 

Well, his eyes got enough of their fill, but his belly was still empty like a dry well. 

"Come, Kei-kun. Let's have a chat until Lina doesn't join us." 

As the woman separated herself from him and started walking toward the center of the hall, Kei was able to see her body proportion correctly for the first time. 

Her height was just two inches shorter than him, with a complete seductive figure hidden behind a one-piece long blue dress that was slit on the left side, which exposed up to her creamy thigh. 

Not to talk about the gracious way she was walking with, which made Kei's attention subconsciously drawn toward the perfect asset which might become the reason for war back in the human realm. 

'Fuck.... Why am I... '

Reprimanding himself, both of them sat on the luxurious couch while facing each other before Rita extended the words she had been saving for a very long. 

"First of all, I would like to extend my utmost gratitude to the benefactor who saved not only me but also my whole clan and the people I hold dear to my heart. I don't know what I can do to repay the favor, but whenever in your life if you may need me or my clan, then I will be more than pleased to help." 

Bowing slightly with her genuine thoughts being voiced out, Rita thanked the person who gave her a second chance to live. 

"But from what I know, Rita-san, you are one of the strongest existence in all of the realms. How were you, abducted so suddenly." 

"!!!" 

Suddenly a heavy growl blended with heavy intent was directed from the maid who was standing behind Rita, which made Kei realize, how rude his question indeed was. 

But before he could have excused for his query, a bone-freezing voice left the woman whose lips were curved, but she wasn't smiling at all. 

"Nao-san."

Only a single command, the intent, was instantly pulled back as the maid apologized right away. 

"I am extremely shameful for my behavior, Kei-sama. Please forgive me."

"Ah, it's okay. Don't sweat about it.."

Kei assured the maid awkwardly before Rita pulled his attention back to the conversation in which Kei was genuinely intrigued. 

"Kei-kun. Have you ever heard about the red moon?" 

____________________ 

A/N: - Single mother? Onee-san personality? Curvy figure? And also, the ultimate 'Ara~Ara'?!!

+1 

You know if you know;) 

168