Chapter 12: No Control
229 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter starts a crossover with Mouse in the Circuitry by Katie-the-Angel-Witch.

 

The day prior to my date with Miura, Sierra and I took a trip out to scout the restaurant in the neighbouring small town of Elfwood Upon Hillchester, it was named as such for the legends that small elf-like creatures inhabited the woodlands surrounding it and for it being plastered on one of the few roads to eventually lead to the bigger town of Hillchester. The restaurant itself turned out to be this faux-American diner establishment set up alongside a couple of Airstream trailers, I didn’t want to be there just with Miura and myself alone so we tour the area the look for where I can leave Sierra to watch the entrance.

A short distance down the road we discovered the perfect location, there was an internet cafe, which very much looked like the relic it was in this day and age. But thankfully it did appear to be still open, and checking the times it’d still be open at the time and day. The entrance of the diner was very visible from the cafe which sat just around the corner from it.

“Cy can we stop and take a look inside?” Sierra had clearly spotted something of interest and was tugging at her seatbelt. I pull the car into a parking bay and check the sign for the parking restrictions.

“2 hours free huh, that’ll do” I pull the handbrake. And we clamber out of the car, I’m careful not to flash anyone due to the skirt I’m wearing, such is the dangers of owning a car like this. “You go ahead Sierra, I’m going to take a stroll about” She gave me a happy look and rushed into the internet cafe.

I strolled down the pavement, taking a look at the stores lining the road. It was a wednesday at about midday so there was a lack of people, although most of the stores were still open. One particular store catches my eye, it had fake looking cobwebs hanging from the awning and a sign that read: The Magic Den. I peer in through the windows and I see rows of costumes and odd trinkets inside. I couldn’t help my curiosity so I decide to go inside.

A young woman is sitting at the counter, she looks somewhat gothic in dress, with hair as dark as the tarmac on a newly laid road. I shuffle through a few of the costumes before finding something slightly unexpected, a dark purple dress, like a tight fitting witches costume. I wasn’t exactly considering it for my date with Miura, but as a villain costume...it could work. The authorities have an idea of my face so there’s no point in a full on mask, but I did grab a set of fake rimmed glasses because I thought they were pretty. I turn to the woman at the counter, who was fiddling with the cash register.

“Do you have a changing room?” The woman murmurs and points to a set of green curtains at the back of the store. “Thank you!” I quickly make my way into the changing room and strip down. I unzip the dress and pull it up, securing it on me. It had a slight corset to it so when it reached my waist it was slightly uncomfortable at first, after a few minutes though I felt a bit more comfortable. I slowly peered at the mirror, hoping I looked half as decent as how I thought I would…

The dress was quite tight fitting and went down to just above my knees, it had quite a lot of ruffles throughout it and it was most definitely the most feminine thing I’d worn since transforming, it didn’t show any open cleavage but certainly accented my bust by tightling fitting my torso. I put on the fake glasses and thus was the look pretty much completed. It was like one of those fantasy shows where there is like sexy Librarian, that’s what I kinda looked like. I loved it. I make a stern look and my reflection was practically bone chilling…-ly sexy. I was saddened when I had to change back to my normal clothes. I fold up the dress and tuck the glasses into the arm strap of it. Then I walk through the curtains and up to the counter, placing the dress onto it and then looking away, trying not to make eye contact with the woman. The radio was playing some old 80’s songs and had just gotten to an electric guitar solo, I hummed along with it.

“That’d be £120 Miss” I rummage around in my bag for some money, at the bottom is a small stack of bills that would have looked totally suspicious if I’d shown them all, I quickly slipped out enough from it and handed the money to the woman. “Thanks” I then picked up the dress and quickly vacate the shop. I spot a small park nearby and venture to find a bench so I can sit down and admire my new purchase.

***

Victoria was currently sat in a Police Interrogation room, alongside the ever so repugnant Colonel Goff, they were waiting on the first proper lead to turn up. They’d received an anonymous phone call which they’d actually managed to trace back to a Ms. Miura Bramble. The caller had rather stupidly and seemingly drunkenly said that they knew who Eunos actually was, they would have usually dismissed it but there was relatively little leads. On the other side of the table was a man who went who went by the name of Kaa, who seemed to be very quiet.

Then the door swung open and an officer led a woman in cuffs into and she sat on a seat. She was red with tears and looked both angry and upset. She began almost immediately making excuses.

“I was drunk, I was joking! I’ve done nothing wrong” I summoned my spear and slammed the end of the pole on the floor, shocking the woman in silence. Goff crossed his arms and nodded to Kaa.

The ominously silent man claps his hands, causing us all to look at him. His eyes glowed bright blue. Goff quickly looked away and Victoria closes her eyes, having been informed of his powers prior. Miura wasn’t so lucky and her facial expression softened and went blank. Colonel Goff cleared his throat and began the interrogation.

“Was there any truth to your phonecall?”

“Yes” Miura responded, no emotion whatsoever resonant in her voice.

“So you know who Eunos is, who is she?”
“One of my tenants, Cyrus Sutton”

“Cyrus?” Victoria was stunned. “She didn’t look like a Cyrus to me, what happened in the Emergence?” She queried

“She changed genders and gained a metal arm and antenna”

“What are how powers specifically” Goff takes back the reins of the interrogation.

“The only thing I know is that she can control machines”

“Right. Are you meeting her soon?”

“We’re set to go on a date tomorrow at a restaurant in Elfwood Upon Hillchester”

Kaa claps and relinquishes control of Miura. She looks confused and Goff stands. “Miss Bramble we’re going to ticket you for wasting police time”

“What happened? I blacked out for a second there” she moans, clutching her head.

“This officer will escort you out” Goff points to the man in uniform standing by the door. Miura is led out of the room and Goff turns to Victoria. “I want surveillance on her. We’re going to set up a sting operation”

January 10th looked to be a very busy evening for Victoria…

***

I pull the car into a parking bay a few blocks away from the restaurant, Sierra had once again done my make-up and I was wearing the striped dress Miura had bought me in that first visit to Glenda’s shop. I made sure Sierra was settled into the Internet Cafe, she apparently knew the person who ran it so they were more than kind enough to let her stay there. Then I entered the restaurant. Miura was already there, at a reserved table for two. I wave and she gives me a smile and a wave back.

“I’m here with her” I point to Miura for the greeter. I didn’t think Diner style establishments had that sort of thing but I guess they didn’t want any freeloaders. I sat down at the table, smoothing out the dress as to not have it ride up my thighs.

“Evening Miu, you look brilliant” She was wearing a black dress that really showed off her lithe figure well, she used to always tell me how she played basketball for an all female team back when she went to school”

“You look sexy yourself there Cy” Miura had a half drunk glass of Gin already with her at the table. I signal the waiter and asked for the same before responding to the compliment.

“I wouldn’t have known what to wear if you hadn’t bought it for me!” I giggle, excited to finally be getting a date with the woman I’d had a crush on for a while.

“You know Cy, you always seemed like a lovely person. Definitely good taste in cars, handy with a toolkit and smart. Man Brexit fucking sucks, you seemed to enjoy that job”

“I did, fuckers fired me because they’re moving overseas, they took my designs too. I probably won’t even be credited”

“Goddamn them all, bastards” Miura takes another swig of her gin. “I better tell you this now, the police took me in. I kinda drunkenly called them the other day” My expression hardened and I clenched my fist, causing a slight grinding sound that makes Miura flinch.

“You didn’t tell them anything did you?”

“No, no. I was drunk when the phone call happened and I didn’t say any details, I lied in the interview and stuff too” Outside two black saloons rolled into the car park, they looked innocuous enough. The waiter rocks up with the gin and pours it into my glass.

“Thats harmless enough then, might have actually thrown them off my scent” I raise the glass. “Cheers” Miura raises it and they clink together.

“Chee-” And that was when hell broke loose. A bright green spear rockets between us, catching my lower arm, sending sparks and glass flying through the diner as it grinds off of the metal limb.

“What the fuck!” I jump up out of my seat, a man’s voice rings out through a loudspeaker.

“Eunos, Cyrus Sutton. We know you’re in there and we have the building surrounded!”

“How the..” I am momentarily stunned by the sudden appearance of flashing blue lights from outside, half the car park was cop cars and security vans. I grabbed Miura’s arm and pulled her with me. “We gotta get out of her Miu, I don’t know how they found us. I hope Sierra is okay” I jump over the bar table and land in the kitchen area. I try the back door but its locked. “Crap”

***

3 Minutes Earlier.

Sierra was fiddling around with a computer hoping to get an old game working when she noticed a squadron of black vehicles with blue lights ablaze, she watches them carefully to see whether they pull into the restaurant’s lot. When they do she begins to panic. “They’re going for Cy!” she squeals out loud. Sierra considered her options, the police were more than likely armed, they could have powers. And there wasn’t a lot she could do about the sheer amount of them. She’d probably get shot.
Then she remembers something Cy was showing her the other day, a YouTuber she watches was talking about how she was expanding her business overseas thanks to Emerged with some kind of portal teleportation powers? Cy had already interacted with her on twitter. Maybe they could help? Sierra quickly pulls up Twitter on the computer and logs into her account, finds the account and pulls up the private messaging menu

SpeedySierra @TailedGirl: I need your urgent help please! You know someone who can open portals right? My friend Cy is about to be taken away by the police and theres nothing I can do! Its at the Talladega Nights Diner, in Elfwood Upon Hillchester, England. Please, she's my only friend.

International Mouse of Gadgetry @mtcmouse: Fuck yeah I do know someone I hope he’s available right now, fuck the police.

SpeedySierra @TailedGirl: Thank you! I hope they’re quick! I am forever in your debt.

International Mouse of Gadgetry @mtcmouse: His name is Clark, he has ram horns, I’m gonna bring her here.

Sierra closes the browser and stares worriedly at the scene in front of her, biting her nails in a nervous twitch that she thought she’d stopped doing long ago. “I really hope they get to her in time…”

***

I peeked my head above the counter in the kitchen to look out the front of the Diner, all the people that were in there with me had run out the front door into the arms of the police. They had at least four armoured vans out front and a few unmarked police cars there for good measure. I could hear an odd splintering sound that was like ice cracking. I investigated to see where it was coming from and it seemed to be emanating from in between the rows of tables and stoves in the kitchen. The air was heavy and I could see odd shafts of light poking out of cracks that seemed to float. Miura notices it a few seconds later and gasps.

“The fabric of reality appears to be being broken or something” I tense up my arm, ready to fight anything that comes out of it. Suddenly it splits apart, revealing a portal. The first thing to come through is an arm that appears to be coming from a dude with horns or something. He looked like the devil was on holiday, he was standing in what looked to be a normal living room. Just behind him was a girl sitting on a sofa with a Nintendo Switch in hand. In a frankly terrible Terminator impression the man says:

“Come with me if you want to live!”

I could hear the slapping of skin and a familiar feminine voice rings out.

“She’s the Terminator looking one you Canadian Sheeple”
I look to Miura, who was terrified and back to the portal, the girl in the back does a little wave. I calculate my options, which I quickly gave up on doing and shrug.

“I guess we’re going dimension hopping or something Miura” I grab hold of her hand and reach out to the horned dude’s arm and hold his outstretched hand. He tugs us towards the portal with a surprising amount of strength and we tumble through it.

I end up face down, smothered in the soft carpet of the room, I sit up and shake my head, trying to reestablish what direction is up and down, the portal leap had done a number on my senses. I catch a familiar face sitting down on a chair that was just out of sight of the portal’s viewpoint.

“Are you...Bridget? The mousy tech YouTuber?” She smiles and giggles, I mentally take that as a yes.

“Oh wow! Can’t believe I’m famous enough to be recognised by random British cyborgs whose asses I save on a friend’s request!” She stands and reaches out for a handshake.

“Yeah, Bridget Crackspanner, More Than Computer Mouse, the pink haired shark girl playing Celeste is Šárka, the dude nursing a headache is Clark” I sense the presence of a machine and Dare, her pet furry robotic fox dragon enters the room. “And you probably know Dare if you’re a fan”

I nod. “I sensed her before I saw her. I can kinda control machinery, your house is full of it” my antenna, previously hidden, stretch out and I can sense everything in the vicinity. I point at a television and turn it on. It was playing some kind of news channel I couldn’t really understand.

“Oh god dammit did you have to flip it to TV Nova? The only worthwhile thing they had was Saturday morning cartoons, and they moved those to Smíchov.” Bridget reaches down and turns it off with the remote.

“So um, thanks for rescuing us” Miura speaks up, looking at me for reassurance. “Cy do you even know how they knew you were there?” I shrug and shake my head simultaneously.

“Its a mystery to me,” Dare starts singing a tune I don’t recognise “could be anything like a witness or they followed my car” I turn back to Bridget and her friends.

“Oh I got a DM on Twitter from a SpeedySierra, @TailedGirl. Said the cops were about to grab you and asked me to rescue you. Which reminds me.” She takes out her phone and takes a selfie with us presumably in shot. She then types away a message and sends it. Not even two seconds later it bleeps back a response, which Bridget shows to me.

“ACAB” Bridget says, nonchalantly. The other three repeat it in unison.

“ACAB?” I say, unsure what they necessarily mean.
“All Cops Are Bastards” All but one of them say in unison again. The girl lounging on the sofa instead says: “Assigned Cop at Birth”. Whilst sticking her tongue out at all of us. Bridget moves to her and ruffles her hair.

“Well uh. I guess I should introduce myself. I’m Cy...or Cynthia. I guess, you can call me either, and this is Miura” I gesture to her and Miura does a little wave, still quite nervous and checking behind her that the portal had closed properly.

“Nice to meet you Cynthia, Miura, sorry about your date, seemed like you were having fun before the cops arrived. What is this, 1969 at the Stonewall Inn?” Bridget leaves the room and comes back with another chair whilst...Šárka? I think her name was again, trying to remember the videos I’ve watched on YouTube was difficult. She turned into a dark puddle that followed Bridget, swallowing up another chair before returning and placing the chair underneath me, forcing me to sit in it. Bridget simply places the chair down for Miura and she obliges by sitting as well. Šárka returns to her spot on the sofa.

“Thats some superpower! Huh, so you can go all gooey shadow form. Clark can headbutt through space like a human Palkia and you’re like super smart Bridget” I shook my head in almost disbelief. But then again I could do some pretty odd things with my powers too.

“I can specifically swim through shadows, including my own if nothing else is available, that’s the puddle. And I can do this.” Šárka’s teeth becomes super sharp and she looks much more imposing and shadowy. She laughs and changes back to her normal form “And I control my own puberty.” Bridget gives her a loving look and a thumbs up before turning to me.

“Right, should probably get to the bottom of this. Why were the cops after you.” All four of them turned to look at me if they weren’t already. I scratch my head, not liking the question or the intense pressure I feel from them.

“I...kinda...did some bad things, some accidentally...others less so”

“I made a Collar that forces you to say the truth and if you try to lie shocks you, as well as shocking you for saying slurs. I then used this collar to blackmail Šárka’s father into transferring custody over to me.” Bridget stands and walks over to me, her face skeptical and serious. “I also snuck into the Maidenburg Ruins to steal stuff there, and brought Šárka along on the second trip. How Bad are we talking here Cynthia. Theft, Murder, Arson, Unlawful but ultimately good behavior?” She puts her hands on my shoulders, gripping as firmly as she could. “Speak or shit letters, Woman. I do not wish to use that on you.”

I grind two of my fingers together, causing a few sparks to pick up. I think she is bluffing, but because she rescued me I admit at least one of my deeds.

“On the night of the Emergence, I kinda nearly killed a cop. I woke up with antenna and this arm and I didn’t know my own strength or powers. I had nearly crashed prior and so a cop rolls up on me, clearly thinking something is up. I crashed his car” I look away, not making eye contact with her. I hear the sound of Dare running over and I see her hugging Šárka.
“Alright, Cynthia, anything else besides that?” I look to Miura for support but she's watching Dare and Šárka.

“No” I respond curtly, hoping she’d drop the subject. Bridget steps away from me and towards her workshop. She might not have been bluffing after all, my heart sinks. I shake slightly, playing nervously with the ruffles on the dress. A loud bang of fist on desk rings out from the direction Bridget went and I could hear a whole slew of expletives.

“THAT GOD WORSHIPPING TRANSPHOBIA SPEWING LESBOPHOBIA DEPLOYING QUEERPHOBIC PIECE OF SHIT. THAT HEARTLESS TORMENTING BITCH. THAT UNBELIEVABLE SHITSTAIN ON MY CHILDHOOD. THAT HEART ATTACK INDUCING FATHER KILLER. MY FUCKING BIRTH GIVER ONLY FUCKING WENT AND STOLE THE GOD FORSAKEN COLLAR USING AN ABUSED TRANS KID.” Bridget charged back into the room looking absolutely furious, she gives me a look that sends shivers down my spine. “You’re helping me bust a kid outta Parent Jail. Šárka, look with Clark for someone who can take them. And you cannot say No, Cynthia. I saved your ass from the cops”

I nodded, hoping she would forget the indiscrepancies in my story because of her rage, plus I needed to lie low before returning to England anyway, so I guess helping Bridget break out this person is the least I could do for her. Man what a crazy couple of days….

11