Chapter 1 : The White Ring
47 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Italic : What was said inside the mind

On one stormy night, Albert was walking silently along the balcony of a wooden mansion.  “01 reporting, I have successfully arrived at the target’s house.” He whispered to his walkie-talkie as he carefully entered the mansion through the window.  “Report accepted, continue your mission.”

After entering the mansion, he looked around and saw a dark corridor with only the moonlight shining it. “01 reporting, low visibility. Activating the infrar-“ just as he’s about to finish his words, an alarm sounded throughout the mansion. “Shit, the alarm got activated. “He started running towards the window.

Loud steps echoed across the corridor as Albert rushes to escape. After successfully getting out, he heard his superiors voice through the walkie-talkie “01, according to the protocols if you didn’t manage to get to the evacuation point within 10 minutes. You will be considered as KIA and rescuers will not come to help you. So all I can say is, Go faster.” “Damn, 10 minutes? Why is the evacuation time so short? It’s not like I’m in friendly territory, so I can’t go that fast.” Groaned Albert as he slammed the walkie-talkie and stepped on it.

“f*ck it, since I only have several minutes to live anyway. I’ll live that few minutes doing whatever I want to do.” He reloaded his M416 and checked his remaining grenades. After that, he ran inside the mansion and started firing madly while throwing grenades into every room he passed. As minutes go by the danger level for him to be here increases. But he doesn’t care. It’s quite surprising what a prey on it’s last breath will do.

Due to how noisy and loud he’s being, when the enemy arrive, he was immediately found. “A1 found the intruder, now walking closer.” “Thanks, genius. I really can’t hear those loud gunfire and explosion sounds.” “Shut up, idiot.” “What did you just say?” “Everybody STOP bickering and continue eliminating the intruder.” Commanded the Intelligence Officer. “Yes, sir.” A1 and A2 said synonymously. “We’re getting close to the intruder, initiate Delta001.” Said A1 “Do we need to be that careful? He’s just one person. “ “That’s true, forget what I just said. Just eliminate him.”

“Damn, they’re this quick to come? I guess I’ll have to say goodbye to life now.” Albert said as he opened all the pins/locks for the grenades and shut his eyes.

BOOM!!!

The explosion that Albert caused hit the gas pipes in the mansion, which triggered a chain reaction that exploded at least 50 meters in the air.

 

 

“Urgh… Aren’t I supposed to be dead?” groaned Albert as he slowly opened his eyes. “Where… the hell am I ???” He looked around and saw dark, stone-textured walls surrounding him from two sides. The distance between the two walls are at least 50 meters. “Am I in some sort of cave? Damn, it’s so dark in here. Even with my semi night-vision eyes, I can only see around 50% compared to my normal vision.” He looked around to search for an exit, but found 2 exits. “Where am I supposed to go? And why the f**k does the land level not get higher or lower?” He thinks hard, but he can’t find any way to determine which way is the exit and which one will bring him lower into the cave. F**k it, I’m just going to gamble it. He slightly hesitates, but starts going to the left exit after thinking that every second wasted is a second closer to my death.

When he was walking, he started thinking about what had just happened. “Didn’t I die? Why am I still alive? And more importantly… Where am I?... Hmm, from what I have currently saw it seems that I am in some kind of cave. But where exactly? Also, am I still on earth? You know what? I’ll just save these questions for later. Surviving seems to be my most important task, not finding out the reason why I'm here.”

After around 1 hour of walking, he started feeling bored because of the endless walls that seemed to haven’t changed at all. “Damn, how long is this path? Wait, this smell…” He looked around and found the source after 20 seconds. It was a dead human body with a sword stuck in its chest. “A human corpse? it seems like he was killed by another human.  Well, although it may be a bit disgusting, the sword will probably prove to be useful. As for the corpse… I’d rather not touch that. It doesn't look like it has anything useful anymore."

After grabbing the sword, he tested the weight and balance of the sword. "It's not a bad weapon. Although it's going to take some time getting used to its long size, it's going to be enough for now... I think." he swings the sword horizontally, vertically, stabs it forward, to the side, and other sword slashes. After getting used to the sword, he looks to the direction where he smells a similar smell to the one before. Another one ? After getting closer to the source of the smell, the intensity of rotting meat rises.

As he finally draws near to the smell, he felt something sticky on his legs. "Huh?  F**k !" He immidiately stepped backwards after realizing he probably just stepped on a corpse. He looked the place he just stepped a few seconds ago. And he was shocked as he was treated to a view of human corpses strewn everywhere. "Holy Sh*t, what happened here ?" He approached one of the corpses to check what killed it. "Arrows?" He checked the other corpses, and found that a lot of them died with arrows stuck on their neck, head or chest with only around 40% of them dying due to sword slashes. That's weird, what kind of army had that many skilled archers that can see well in the dark? I haven't read any kind of record about this type of army. Then, he realized. "Wait, doesn't this mean..." After looting the dead bodies, he looked to the pile of equipment that he just collected. 9 Daggers, 5 Longswords, 2 Shield and 2 Helmets. There's no way I will use them all. I'll have to filter which items are important.

After filtering the items, he now have is a Dagger, a shield and a helmet. I hope this will be enough. Wait, now that I'm here I should find a scabbard for my sword. Grabbing my sword for hours is probably an experience I don't want to have... 

After preparing his equipment, he continues his search of a way to go out. After around an hour of walking, he felt the terrain around him change. Why do I feel like like the land I'm stepping on is more... flat? Wait... What's that ? On his vision, he saw a white pillar. After getting closer to it, he starts to see more part of the ruin. Broken white fences, white pillars cut in half,  falling white walls, Why are they all white? After around 2 minutes of walking, he stumbled upon a pure white box with the size of an Elephant. "What's this ?" He tries to touch the surface of the box. But when he touches it, he immediately fainted. 

When he woke up, he heard a deep voice sounding in his head. "Hello, outsider." "What!? Who's there!?" bellowed Albert. "Fear not, for I bear no ill will towards you. All I ask from you is to calmly listen." "Calmly listen ? How am I supposed to stay calm when I'm literally hearing a voice in my head? I... must be hallucinating. That's right, hours of walking without drinking any water definitely made me hallucinate." "No, you are not hallucinating. This is reality." "Prove to me you're not just my hallucination." "Ask me anything you want to ask, then." "Fine, who killed the humans who used to have the helmet I'm wearing right now?" "An elven group of 4." "An elven group of 4? How did you obtain this information?" "I have magic." "Hmm, fine. Next question, what is an M416 ?" "..." "You don't know?" "You're not supposed to ask about something from your old world. Anyways, have I convinced you now?" "You've convinced me enough. Now, what do you want me to listen to." "So, I will start from myself. I am King Striphor. You might not know me, but my name is infamous throughout the world. In the old era, I used to be one of the strongest beings in the world. But my strength makes the 'good-aligned' factions feel threatened. So they did a meeting, and sent 5 of their best mages/warriors."

Spoiler

1. Zenri the Archeress

  1. Thineh the Saint
  2. Rerdan the Archmage of Ice
  3. Gonzalo Badelas the Archmage of Fire
  4. Gallus Nigellus the Warrior
    [collapse]

"Wait, what were you infamous for ?" "I will explain that later. Now, because I knew that I can't beat all of them, I asked my best friend, Kromer to help me. But we weren't strong enough. Although we managed to kill 2 of them, both of us were extremely exhausted and injured. So, rather than letting both of us die, I decided to ignite my remaining power to send 3 waves of void energy to the 3 'Heroes'. But I'm not stupid, so before I ignite my remaining power, I sent my Knowledge and Memories to the Box of Purity that I built underground. I've been waiting for thousands of years waiting for someone to come and activate it. And then, you came. " "That's... intense. So, why do you want me to activate the Box of Purity ?" "The first time I sent my Memories here, I wanted to resurrect myself. But after thinking about it for the past thousands of years, my interests changed. Now, all I want is, to have a successor and see him change the world with my own eyes.  And you will be the one who changed the world."  "Before we do this, what do you exactly mean by changing the world?” “At least, get your name in the history books as a major player in something world-changing. Whether you want to evil or good, it’s up to you. But if you’re a good-aligned person, you wouldn’t be able to survive after hearing my voice. It’s that clear?” “So, you’re saying I’m evil?” “Are you not?” “…That’s true. So, how do we do this?” “I will create a ring. The ring will store me, and all the knowledge and memories that I have. The ring will make me be able to view your methods of changing the world. I’m not worried that you’re not going to, because just your existence as my successor alone will change the world. After wearing the ring, I will give you certain… powers. What power and how strong it is will be determined by your experience/memories. Do you accept?” “Yes, I do.”

As soon as He said that, He felt a burning pain on his left hand’s ring finger. “Argh!” He looked to His hand and saw A White Ring with wood-like texture materializing on His ring finger. “You didn’t say that it would be this painful!” “Be patient. This is just an exercise.” “What?” Albert grimaced, as the pain that he felt just now multiply by hundreds of times. “AARGH!” He used his remaining consciousness to look at his left arm, and saw a terrifying sight. From his left shoulder to his fingers, the skin that he used to have is now gone. Replaced by thousands of white colored scales that covered all of it. His fingers also slowly turn into claws, that also have a white color. After around 1 minute of his pupils  rolling to the back of his eyes, the pain starts to subside. He looked to his left arm and felt some kind of power rise within him.

“What’s this… power?” “Magic. I used it to give you an arm more suitable for the combat you’ll be doing using Blood Magic. Don’t worry for the balance of your arms, Because I have enhanced the muscles on your left shoulder and arm. Also, I used Soul Magic to imprint a defensive spell on your soul. Because if I don’t, You’re going to be extremely weak to spells such as Mind Control, Mind Assault, Mind Reading, etc.” “Okay, but. Why do I feel like my legs are just fine? With how much weight my new arm has, my legs should have at least given me a lot of pain.” “Oh right, I forgot to mention that. I also used Blood Magic to enhance your entire body besides your arm to match the weight of your arm. So that you won’t feel any uncomfortableness using it.” “I see, so that’s convenient. So, will you always talk to me throughout my journey?” “No, most of the times I will only be waching. But if you’re facing something important, I might intervene. That doesn’t mean you’re Invincible, because I would only be helping a little.” “Okay, by the way. Where do I go so I can get out of this cave?”

“I will send the information about the way to your head.” “Also, where am I supposed to find food here?” “You don’t need food. In fact, you don’t have to consume anything at all. My Ring will take care of it.” “Huh? You stored food inside the ring?” “No, idiot. I already told you I only stored my memories and knowledge. I meant that I will make an automated spell to sustain your body’s needs, such as food, water, air, etc.” “You didn’t have to call me an idiot. After all, how am I supposed to guess that you meant that your going to sustain my body through magic?” “…That’s true. Anyways, let’s not waste anymore time. Remember to be careful, and don't trust anyone besides me!" "Okay.” Albert starts running in the correct path. “ Should I call you my master, lord or king?” “Where did this question come from?” “I would probably need to call your name sometimes. And it would be weird if I just call you with your name, wouldn’t it?” ‘Fine, you can call me… Lord.” “Okay.” Albert starts to feel the land level increase. But after running on normal human speed for a few hours, an arrow flew from the dark, aiming at his head...

"

0