Chapter 006 : For Just A Day Without Him
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~Point of View : Rudeus~

On a barren part near where Sylphy and some other folks lives around her family, we all are supposed to walk here together. By sheer misfortune, Eyn got himself a downer in terms of his health.

*Stretch*

Observing Laws' Bowmanship as he is aiming towards some fruit on the field is quite a delicate observation and is something that I'd like to try out myself but, it doesn't feel the same as when he isn't here to compete against, that brother of mine.

*Swi~ip*

The arrow goes far from my sight like a dot in the center of a screen, and it hit the target by the precision he deducted by his aim.

Roxy :"Hey, take care of the spell!". I hear Roxy making some ruckus behind us as she is guiding Sylphy on how to cast Earthen Barriers correctly, which she is now being obsolete at currently.

Sylphy :"S-sorry!". Our beloved innocent elf is sulking with how she's unable to do her given task, with her little wand with red gemstone on top of it, gifted by Roxy after going around town buying them for her pupils, namely us three.

As expected, they amplify our magic power and varies from that of modifying speed, power, size, composition, and the likes.

When I look at them, it's pretty remarkable on how far Roxy has come to terms with her fear of the color green, that reminds her of the Superd race.

And somehow, I am being reminded about being alongside Eyn again. 'Aren't I supposed to be the loner type? Shit, I think I have something rubbed off him, and I don't know what to think about it'

Laws :"It's too bad your brother isn't here with us as always". The archer passes by me, as he scrubs the arrow he shot, chanting Water spells to sprinkle down the leftovers with his other unoccupied hand.

The hunting season is days nearby, and since I don't want to relive the pain from that day again if possible, having to observe his movements and actions taken might help me to make some notes, from climbing trees, keeping your body steady, and holding in your breath.

There's something that none of them gets to know of my appearance, and that's the charm he made for me, I think. 

Something about it feels rather, odd. To put it simply, when I get to flow my Touki to this, it's as if I can see my reflection in a dark void when I close my eyes and focus, what used to be me or is my current soul, that is a laze fat N.E.E.T. 'Hope there isn't any curse or any other make believe he put in this, because I'm not so sure if I can think of it as a gift if this keeps on going'

Roxy :"Rudy~! It's your turn now, come here!". Roxy calls for me, and I move my body towards her as I see Sylphy holding her head from being disoriented from failure in keeping her magic steady. "Umu! So now that you two are here, I want to talk about your dreams in particular"

Sylphy :"So what is it all about, teach?". Our dearly elf does the talking before me, and I get to keep my mouth shut in the meantime.

Roxy :"You know that there are Mage and Swordsman, so it's no wonder that there are Magic Academies and Sword Dojo for each of them, right?". She walks back and forth, circling us two, and I nod with Sylphy following after. "Now, Sylphy. What do you want to be?". She points her extravagant wand at her forehead.

Being touched by it, Sylphy gets to see up close on the glistening blue gems, and she gets her resolve.

Sylphy :"I want to be a Mage!"

Roxy :"Good. When I'm gone, I'll be sending letters to Rudeus' family but also to yours, in which I'll be writing my diary and just to keep in contact of you all". She stops her walk, and gets to give Sylphy a serious look. "If you were to go to Ranoa Magic Academy, write back a letter, and don't give in to the voices of the others if you were to do so"

Me :"Ranoa is the place where the snow gets higher than Miss Roxy, right?". I feel that the suspense is tearing me inside out, and want to end this serious talk by being the comedic relief.

The scattering wind is pushing her hat, in which she pulls it back.

Roxy :"Yes, it is". She looks over the mountain, in reminiscence of her past. "But Rudy, what do you want to be?"

Even though I know the next one is me, I act like I'm full of questions in need of answers. 

Me :"What?"

Roxy :"*Sigh*. You can do both Magic And Swordsmanship, you and your brother. Question is, which path do you want to walk on first?". She reminds me of those teachers that is giving us essays on what career we want to take as in high school before college in my teenage years.

Me :"Hmm, I'd like to learn Swordsmanship after Miss Roxy's Magic!"

Roxy :"Following after you Father, huh? Alright then, just write me back a letter if you find yourself in a pinch on Magic when I'm done tutoring you all". She walks a few steps ahead of us, and begin practicing in the empty space that'd keep any harm from any other persons.

Somehow, despite me being eager to go on and be alone with these two girls, I felt… Numb.

The lessons even if she makes it rewarding to follow to the end, it just doesn't feel the same with Eyn being gone. 

And who would expect for him to get so close to Lilia like he's her child after we get back from this place? Maybe Zenith, but I sure as heck want to go and duel with him again when he gets better. '*Sigh*. Wonder what that dude's doing right now with her?'

. . . 

1