Hiatus Notice
343 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi ya'll!

First an apology. I'm sorry I haven't been able to consistently update this story and make it as big and amazing as I'd wanted it to. After 3 rewrites (yup, you read that right), I've sort of stumbled on a good direction for this webnovel and learnt from the many mistakes I made previously.

I had a solid direction on my 1st attempt, but after scrapping the plot twice, I find myself inundated with ideas with no sense of direction. I need time to create a proper plot outline (with decent chapter breakdowns) before attempting such a massive story with dozens of subplots and many overarching themes. I need to do a ton of research into the magic system (ahem, cultivation techniques) to make sure that the power structures involved and their corresponding abilities are both interesting and sensible.

That aside, I'll readily admit that I've had a few failed projects before (The New Guild Master [only on Royalroad], Haunting My Boyfriend, When Evil Began, I am Powerless [only on Scribblehub]) and the problems involved in all of them are as follows:

- Rushed writing
- Barebones outline
- Poor balance of work / life
- Personal weakness (I suck at Comedy & Romance)

I've considered going back and making a second go at those previous attempts, now that I have more experience and better ideas, but I'd like to try my hand on something fresh, and something decidedly less ambitious, while I work on developing The Spirit Games, which will forever remain a priority. I promise to never drop The Spirit Games. I just need to polish it up and return when I'm ready to fully commit.

As to when I'll get back in the game of writing... I'm honestly not sure. I want to do less freelance work (web design, app dev etc) and start my own business with a few, close friends. I hear startups are all the rage these days :-)

If I succeed, I'll write full time. That's my dream: a full time writer with a following that doesn't hate me!

Of course, I have to end this with a thank you!

You've been incredibly patient as a reader, and your encouragement is like a salve on my soul!

I can't blame you for unbookmarking this novel at some point and writing me off as eternally AFK. But for those who'll stick around, I promise I'll get back into it as soon as I can.

It might be awhile though, so I'll leave a few recommendations that I've been reading on Webnovel:

- Lord of Mysteries (lots of info dump in the beginning but gets much better later on)
- My House of Horrors
- Release That Witch
- Cultivation Chat Group
- A Will Eternal (assuming you've already read: I Shall Seal The Heavens)

Thanks again to those who left encouraging reviews / high ratings. You guys are awesome!

I hope the day that I live up to your expectations will one day come. Until then, I wish you all the best!

Yours truly,
Zakyrie

4