Vol.1/ Bonus: Summary Report & Profiles.
135 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Preliminary summary report excerpt.

Department of Earth Justice

Nevermore Institute - Special Investigation Division.

Sid Logo Small2 by HasegawaKein

Nevermore Institute - Special Investigation Division.

SID Enygma File: 125-MLGM-43G43D

Dark Event: The Amalgam

DOE: March 15th. 125 S.A.

SPECIAL AGENTS ATTI/AFI: Mai [Izumi] Badge 0000515.

Shin [Aogami] Badge 0004444.

Supervision: KSB-HOF Arsen [Ismailov].

Event Location: Kazakhstan/ Almaty/ Kolsay Park

Case Status: Open until further investigation.

Case Summary.

On March 15th at 8.30 AM, my partner, Special Agent Shin Aogami and I, Special Agent Mai Izumi conducted an undercover investigation in the area known as Kolsay Park. Our task was to conduct a visual inspection and collect evidence, thanks to anonymous sources who reported that strange occurrences were taking place in the area. Also, in previous days, search and rescue teams had been alerted to the disappearance of a scientist (see Sergey Komarov/Rayana Ivraeva dossier).

After conducting a field investigation at the site, we were able to corroborate that the place had been part of a strange cult in past decades. Not only that, our inspection was able to collect evidence that the site was being affected by the presence of a fungal organism of meteoric origin. This organism was feeding not only on the surrounding animals, but also on the people who came close enough to the site. This is still under analysis, we only have as proof the analysis carried out at the site by the agent and science officer Shin Aogami.

My partner was able to corroborate that the presence of this organism was forming an intelligence network with its victims, of which I was also affected, although only for a short period of time (page 37 of the report).

This organism, which we have called "the amalgam", disappeared from the site after a tectonic explosion in the depths of the lake (see statement of agent Shin).

The forestry services and the military justice department, together with local FRT teams, have been assigned to carry out checks of the site in case similar organisms may exist in the depths of the lake, but so far there have been no results. Periodic inspection of the site will continue in case new evidence may emerge to help us clarify the event and its link, if any, to the cult.

The shared jurisdiction between the military and SID is vital to continue this investigation with agents from the local branches.

Due to the strangeness of the event and a possible link to another series of events that the SID has been investigating for some time, samples of evidence have been brought to our main facility.

This case is open until further investigation.

Reporting Agent: Mai Izumi

Special Agent/SIDHoO

Character Dossier

Romaji Name: Mai Izumi

Kanji Name: 和泉舞

Gender: Female

Fey Type: Fee

DoB or DoA: May 1, 2004 Ancient Era.

Birthplace or Arrival Place: Ikebukuro/Tokyo

Estimated Human Age: 22

Fey Age: 224

Height: 154cm

Weight: 43kg

Eyes: Green

Hair: Black/White

Residence: Saitama/ Siren Island

RID Status: Lizbeth [Londonderry], Shin [Aogami]

Affiliation: Nevermore Institute/SID

Occupation: SID Head of Operations. Special Agent.

Team: Blue Midnight

Distinguishing Features: Moth Anntenae and wings, Two natural hair colors.

Personal Profile Background

Mai Izumi appeared from the Other Side on May 1st, 2004 in Ikebukuro district, Japan.

In her early years, she travelled around the country, until 2016, when she was recruited by Wishpers Team, where she will remain for the next thirty years helping in the search and rescue operations of fey that were captured and used for sentient beings trafficking activities.

Her activity in the Wishpers Team, made her climb quite fast in the hierarchy of the team, being one of those who was proposed on more than one occasion to lead the operations. In the year 2046, she left Wishpers and worked for a long time as a police consultant in Japan, where she took up residence in Saitama. Work that she carried out for a little more than a decade.

After a voluntary retirement of seven years, she was recruited by the Nevermore Initiative where she became a special agent for twenty years, investigating Dark Events due to her excellent service record.

During this time she made more than 1400 arrests, closed 300 cases and recovered more than 27,000 dangerous objects, making her one of the most productive agents of the investigation team. It is worth mentioning the recovery of more than 20 time distortion and control devices, an investigation that was carried out over five years with the help of several international organizations.

At the outbreak of the Great War, still under the name of the Nevermore Initiative, Mai Izumi moved to the battle theater where she was with the Russian Division of the Initiative. Her role during the war led her to be in command of a special infiltration team in the territory conquered by the Fractus. Towards the end of the war, she played the most important role as she was the one who shut down the dimensional distortion.

After the war and the change of era, she became a special agent of the newly reformed and renamed Nevemore Institute. She was for 20 years under the orders of the head of special operations Rein, until she decided to accept the position of Head of Operations of the SID. She spent several years out of the research field limiting her career to the administration and direction of special operations until, in 124, she finally decided to start doing field research work again, while continuing her position as Chief of Operations.

In October 124 she chooses as her partner the newly arrived Keelian Object, known as Shin [Aogami], with whom she currently shares a polyaffective relationship, along with agent Lizbeth [Londonderry].

Abilities

Medical studies on Mai Izumi state that it is likely that she has not spent too much time on the Other Side. As a consequence, her regeneration ability is 30% of what most other feys usually have. To make up for this problem, her regeneration system has been modified to be closer to that of human special agents in the Division.

Mai Izumi has a FAE Core from the Other Side in her body but not 100% formed. She possesses traits that, associated with lepidoptera such as moths, allow her to make use of echolocation. At the same time she can exhibit patterns on her skin whenever she uses her echolocation ability. Her membranous wings would allow her to use the ability to fly, albeit for a short time, and although she has tried to train her flight ability, due to imperfections in her FAE core she has never achieved satisfactory results.

Special Observations.

At the end of the Great War she obtained a bow from one of the fractus that allowed her to close the dimensional rift. This bow has become one of the most powerful weapons within the SID, due to its special ability to close distortions when used. The weapon seems to be customized for her, as it channels the exact amount of energy from her FAE core and combines it with the Fragment core of the bow, creating a perfect symbiosis. The presence of wing-like appendages on her back appeared when she first used the bow, although they don't always appear.

As a side effect, her hair turns white and can take months to regain its dark color. Over the years, it has been observed that the time it takes to regain its dark color takes longer and longer. Therefore, the health department and doctors in charge of her condition think that the white color and patterns that appear on her skin when she uses her ability may be her full fey form.

-Due to her high rank and being a person of interest, she has the personal protection of an Orbital Knight operated by special pilot Carrissia. Mai Izumi has refused to have more personal protection despite repeated attempts on her life in the past years.

-Mai Izumi is undergoing psychological treatment due to an incident that occurred decades ago that causes her to panic about being in the open sea.

-Mai Izumi seems to have an incredible affinity for dancing and archery.

 

Character Dossier

Romaji Name: Shin Aogami

Kanji name: 青髪 シン

Gender: Male

Fey Type: Keelian

DoB or DoA: June 30th, 1908 of the Ancient Era. Second Appearance: September 11th, 125 S.A.

Birthplace or Arrival Place: Tunguska/Yeniseysk. Second Appearance: Gobi Desert

Estimated Human Age: 20?

Fey Age: 317

Height: 192cm

Weight: 73kg

Eyes: Yellow/ (Blindness in the right eye.)

Hair: Black

Residence: Siren Island

RID Status: Mai [Izumi], Lizbeth [Londonderry]

Relatives: Rein and Noki Aogami (adopted daughters)

Affiliation: Nevermore Institute/SID

Occupation: Special Agent/Science Officer

Team: Blue Midnight

Distinguishing Features: Monocular Vision, Integrated Symbiont Armor of unknown origin. Special trench coat with a Dyson space inside.

Personal Profile Background

Shin Aogami first appeared on planet Earth in the year 1908 of the Ancient Era. There is not much information from second sources about what happened during those early years due to the situation in Russia. The head of operations of the Russian division, Natalya, got to know him and much of the data about his life comes from her and other feys. Interrogations of agent Shin Aogami have not shed much light on this question, due to his refusal to give details of his personal life.

His vibrational frequencies and anatomy reveal that Shin Aogami does not come from this universe, making him the fourth Keelian object on earth.

He participated in World War I and World War II. He was involved in many clandestine operations related to the occult and is suspected to share a close friendship with the alchemist magnate Aleister Crowley.

After the Second War he was in a romantic relationship with Lizbeth [Londonderry]. Relationship about which both have not wanted to disclose information although it is known that they separated for a while to see each other again years later.

Also during an infiltration mission in WW2, he rescued from the laboratories of the Ahnenerbe, Gehirn Schmidt, who would later be known as one of the proponents of quantum medicine and founding member of the company ZAIEN.

Some information is known about his later years, but mostly he was working as an investigator of Dark Events, being involved in altercations with various intelligence agencies.

He was one of the founding members of the organization that was known as Tempus Fugit, dismantled at the end of 1989 of the Ancient era.

Shin Aogami was in charge of the rescue of Rein Aogami, who more than a century later became the first head of SID operations.

It is presumed that on Christmas of December 1999 is when he disappeared from the face of the earth, being absorbed by a singularity of the Other Side. The subject has no memory of what happened on the Other Side.

On September 11th, year 124 of the S.A., Shin Aogami returns to earth, this time appearing in the Gobi Desert. Due to the operation in Turkey to stop the AsharISin, one day after his arrival, it has been possible to test a theory about how time works on the Other Side.

Special Agent Shin Aogami is now a member of the SID staff due to his extensive knowledge of Dark Events. Although the World Security Council has suggested that special vigilance be maintained due to strong rumors of his personality, which suggest a widespread disregard for the rules of coexistence in the current time. Mai [Izumi] chose to make him her field companion, in order to keep a close watch on his actions.

Currently he has resumed his relationship with special agent Lizbeth [Londonderry] and has also established a relationship with special agent and Head of Operations Mai [Izumi].

His second activity in the organization is to be Science Officer of the Midnight Blue team, and he works as an assistant specialist in the Department of Theratology on Siren Island, under the command of Dr. Kohi.

Special Observations.

-Shin Aogami has monocular vision, more precisely he lacks vision in his right eye. Due to the accounts of people who know him, it is known that this particularity has been almost from the moment of his arrival. The SID medical team has been able to determine that his right eye blindness comes from birth. Studies have also shown that much of the progress that ZAIEN and Gehirn have made in the past has been based on the study of Shin Aogami's biology.

-He has a symbiotic armor on his body that in a dormant state is under the skin. The metal of the armor has been determined to be of a similar material to Fractium metal, although of a slightly different composition to match the biological functions of the body. Its regeneration is completely different from that of any fey ever seen before. Being able to die and resurrect in a matter of minutes, although damage to vital organs such as the heart and brain take much longer to regenerate.

-Shin Aogami has in his possession a special raincoat with an integrated SDD. Its provenance is unknown, although data suggests that he wore it as early as World War II, more than two centuries before space distortion technology could be brought into the civilian context.

-He is a heavy smoker and his favorite brand of cigarettes is Black Ocean.

-Due to his regeneration, the implantation of an interactive support device has been impossible to carry out, as the metal in his body removes any foreign objects encountered. This poses a problem for someone with a special agent rank. The medical control center is evaluating the construction of a special Neurowire made of fractium material, although it is currently in the prototype stages.

A note from Hasegawa Kein

Thank you very much for reading!

Volume one has come to an end. It has taken more work than I thought it would but it was fun.

I want to thank Suzune, Shin, Paul and David who were the proof readers of the story and who helped me find the mistakes in my spelling. To Yasmir with his notes about Kolsay Park that helped me to place the story better.

I hope those who read it liked it. Next week I should start uploading the prologue of volume two but I'm not sure if I should take another week to prepare the illustrations since I haven't had time for that yet.

The next adventure will feature a new team and characters. The Enygma files moves to Edinburgh.

3