Ch. 9
1.4k 1 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following days passed as Xing Wu spent his time between teaching is air-headed Sol, helping him learn how to propper walk as well as teaching him the basics to cultivating and how to gain his abilities to help support him.

The most Sol learned through this process was mostly healing techniques well as some formations and protection commands.

Sol had gotten used to walking around as well as his master's cold facade. The youth really didn't understand the simplest actions of how to treat someone like Sol. 

Xing would often use crude comments to motivate the boy into working diligently. Often calling him stupid or slow if he didn't learn fast enough. This pushed the small furball to work harder at trying to please its master. Though the outcome wasn't always the best.

It wasn't so simple for a being that didn't understand these things to be able to know how to do them with the minimal guidance the indifferent master gave. 

More often then not, Master Lua would have to lightly scold Xing Wu into talking a bit less gruff and vague.  This only brought more frowns and frustration to the male as he tried to also focus on his own cultivation. Really, this spirit beast of his was more trouble then it was worth!

Though there was one thing that Xing Wu didn't seem to mind, and that was how Sol would always praise him with no trace of hidden means.

The simple-minded Spirit beast truly did care greatly for his master! Often trying to snuggle with the boy when he was sleeping or acting 'cute' without realizing it. All its attention was focused don the boy as he did his best to do what he was told to do.

Slowly time-shifted and a few months had passed. Though Xing Wu only managed to enter Stage 5 of his Realm, he didn't seem to be able to push past the bottle-neck while trying to also help the fluff ball.

Sol, on the other hand, had made great progress. Being as he was able to cultivate all the elements, he was favored greatly. Soon he managed to enter into the Advanced Realm at Stage 2.

His speed made Xing Wu pleased, though the other still was far better at healing. Though Sol was able to use some protective techniques and 2 different attacks.  The attack techniques he had were low level and was better used for a supporting role than fighting head-on.

Xing Wu would lead the fluff ball into mock battles that Master Lua would help set up. working on their ability to fight together now that the fluff ball was able to somewhat help him.

Sol did his best, learning how to time his ability's to greatly assist Xing wu the most. Though the first few times they would practice his timing would either be to slow or to fast. Some times he'd even use the wrong technique and cause a frown from Xing wu.

Thankfully though, after all of his hard work, Sol was now able to cuddle up in his Masters's arms when they were not busy with their studies. The youth had given in one day as to get rid of the others annoying pleas. He just hadn't expected that it would be enjoyable to hold the fluffball.

Sol was small and fluffy. When he was held by Xing Wu, the little thing was always so happy that the indifferent male finally began to soften. His mood becoming better as he has grown to like the feeling of having the small thing in his arms.

What more, when he walked around while holding the little thing, others seemed less likely to bully him! It was great, his peaceful days grew to pass by more and he found himself in a good mood to enjoy the feeling of peace.

It wasn't until his master had told him that the two were to go on a group mission for the experience. It would be the first time Sol would attend such a thing, so the elder made sure that Xing Wu wouldn't just brush the importance of it off.

Sol was rather happy to be able to go out with his Master! They always would study or cultivate when not sleeping. Though he felt he'd gotten closer to Xing Wu as time passed, he still wanted to see more to his master than just the youths sleeping or indifferent face.

When the two walked down the mountain to join the other members of the party, Sol's tail swayed happily as he snuggled into the male's arms. It was the best feeling for sure, having his master holding him while lightly patting his head. 

"Oi, look here, we got the Half-blood." one of the boys waiting for the two called out with a tone filled with ridicule. The youth glanced at the Spirit beast in the others hold, feeling annoyed.

"Seems you still haven't gotten rid of the Spirit beast? Thought you'd send it back for something more worthy of trash like you. That thing is clearly pure and better suited for a light soul Cultivator." he said while wanting to snatch the adorable thing.

Many of the other students of the sect thought the same. Though the little thing seemed weak, its soul was really clean, and the purity was shown in the soft aura it gave off. The male that spoke was a light elemental. He was best suited for healing and was part of the 'medic' squad for the party.

He felt that if his Spirit Beast had been the fluffy thing then the senior sister of the medic palace would pay more attention to him. He'd heard her talking about how adorable it was! Why did the stupid Half-blood get the Senior Sister's attention?

Xing Wu ignored the male heading to stand at the back to await their departure, though Sol heard the males words and his good mood dropped as he let out grumbles a growl at the other boy who seemed unaware.

Xing Wu's eyes widen slightly as he looked at the little thing, trying to sooth its ruffled fur. "Don't worry, just ignore them," he said in a soft tone, low enough so only the little thing could hear him. 

With that Sol calmed down, sending a few complaints before looking up to his master. 'Master is so great that they are all blind. Master has a better soul than all of them. They all look dirty while Masters soul is bright and white.' he said as if trying to make a point.

Xing Wu's lips twitched slightly. This wasn't the first time he heard the little thing saying something like that. It seemed that Sol had the ability to see the state of one's soul. Though the 'half-blood' didn't think his soul was as pure as the little thing said. But it did make him feel good inside.

Who wouldn't want someone to tell them they weren't bad despite the negative few others pushed to them?

45