04. Master Willem
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hai, Shiro wrote this on the weekend because no one invited me to do some fun >.<. Also, Shiro is going to answer your doubt before reading this. Yes, there is modern technology in Erda.

Enjoy the chappy ^^

The voice of men reverberated from a room, they were arguing to each other. Myune opened her eyes and found herself inside a room full of lanterns and hays. This room was a barn.

Myune was sitting and leaning on a pile of hays. She rubbed her head, easing her headache. Then she looked at the sky from the window. Today was still night time. Wait! Where is this?

“Myu!” called someone. The voice was none other than Elaine’s. Myune glanced at her and was surprised to both fairy tied to a pole. Loth’s face was especially pale. His dragon was sleeping beside him. Steel covered Lizzy’s mouth, and a large chain tied its body.

Myune tried to recall the last event she had experienced. Oh ya, the intruder had made her unconscious. Who knew where he was at the moment.

“Why don’t you tell us that your protector is Master Willem Agent?” Elaine exclaimed. She looked angry.

Myune looked at the wooden door at the side. It seemed Master Willem was there. “Was he here?”

“Of course! I and Loth were so scared to death!” shouted Elaine.

Myune muttered. “I have warned you to stay away from me.”

“But you should have told us that Master Willem is your protector! I don’t want to enter the jail or be sentenced to death!”

“He won’t kill you, Elaine,” Myune grumbled.

“He is Master Willem Agent! A big businessman who has funded thousands of research in the Erda military!” Elaine shouted, and Lizzy woke up in panic. Loth immediately calmed it, rubbing its head with the tip of his shoe.

“Don’t throw a tantrum, you insane woman!” Loth grumbled.

“Sorry.”

After calming Lizzy, Loth pulled his leg and rested it on the head of the pole. “How come Master Willem is involved to protect you? He is known as a peaceful person.”

“Myune looked down and stared at the dry stalks of grass. “My brother is close to him.”

“So your resident is his property?”

“It is his brother in law’s property.”

“Then why does his brother in law seem poor?”

Myune shrugged. “I don’t know. One thing I know, after coming to this island, I have to stay with that bastard John.”

“Does he know his uncle is Master Willem?” Elaine asked.

“Yes. That’s why he is so full of himself,” Myune answered.

“Then why doesn’t he respect you a bit?”

“Because John doesn’t know my true identity.”

The door squeaked open, forcing them to stop their conversation. Two scary-looking men approached Myune. Myune was very familiar with the other one who had burly body and dark skin.

Master Willem.

“You are in big trouble!” Willem exclaimed, his voice reverberating throughout the room.

Myune looked down. “I know.”

Master Willem looked at Elaine and Loth, scaring them to death. “Your presences danger her life. I won’t forgive you!”

“Elaine just wants to befriend me,” Myune interrupted.

“Then the other kid?” Willem asked in high-pitched voice.

“He—” Between honest or not, but the man’s anger would be terrifying if Myune told him the truth. “Loth and his dragon only protected me from your bastard niece.”

Master Willem folded his hands over his chest and stared at her. “How many time did you use your power?”

Myune didn’t dare to answer.”

“Answer quickly!”

“Two times, when my field was destroyed and when John destroyed my doll.”

“Actually you did it four times—” Elaine admitted. Myune shouted at her to stop her. “Sorry.”

Master Willem face emanated the aura of anger, making her nervous. “I and your brother are trying hard to keep you safe. This island is a virgin place, untouched by the aristocracies. But since you used your power, they could detect this island!”

“Then you should have blamed it on your niece. He destroyed my precious field and my belongings!” Myune snapped.

“Myune!” Master Willem shouted, the lanterns in the room trembling and dying because of his loud voice. “You are the only treasure Aryn has. Don’t make him suffer.”

Myune bowed her head while pondering about her mistake. Suddenly, she shedded tears when she found out her brother was thinking of her as the most precious treasure. It turned out her brother had been protecting her from afar, he even involved Master Willem.

“Master Willem! Can you not snap at her like that? Our enemies could have heard us, and that would endanger us,” a man asked as he entered the room. Myune knew his voice. He was the mysterious man who had kidnapped her last night.

“Wait! Aren’t you—”

“My name is Gregory. Your guardian. I watched you from afar every day,” the man answered. Red light flashed from his brown eyes. The man was a sentinel.

“Master Willem, you are employing a sentinel?” Myune asked. Whoever watched by a sentinel wouldn’t be happy. Every privacy she had, the sentinel owned it too.

“No. I am working for Aryn,” Gregory answered.

“Enough!” Master Willem exclaimed. Gregory glared at him, making him concede. “Alright, I will talk lowly.” Gregory’s rigid expression relaxed after hearing it. “I am forced to come here because Aryn told me that Luther and Arlene aristocracies will operate in this area. I was panicked when I found out you weren’t at home.”

Myune pointed at Elaine and Loth. “They pulled me to the treehouse.”

“It was Loth’s idea!” Elaine denied.

“Why are you befriending these fools?” Master Willem asked.

“I never said they are my friends?” Myune corrected.

“We have been together for a year, Myu! Why do you keep refusing me?” Elaine protested. Myune ignored her and only stared at Master Willem.

“I am just feeling lonely here,” Myune whispered.

“But using moon power is the best idea to be detected. My power can’t hide yours,” Master Willem sighed.

“I am sorry,” Myune muttered.

“Control your power! You will worry him.” Master Willem approached Gregory, who was tinkering the hologram screen in the air.

“Arlene Family has arrived at your residence,” Gregory said.

“How long are they going to arrive to this place?”

“Around half hour.”

Master Willem pulled the hologram to him. “Is Allen ready?”

“Yes. After surrounding them in the port, he is going to work,” Gregory answered.

“How about the citizen?”

“They have been evacuated.”

“Good. This is going to be easy.”

Myune, Elaine, and Loth were staring at each other after hearing they were working for something. The smell of war strategy was powerful in this room. Myune was curious, but they seemed to be busy. Especially, they started to walk in circle or shout like madmen.

“Can I untie them?” Myune asked while pointing at Elaine and Loth.

“No!” They could be spies!” Master Willem refused.

“We are from the Fritalla family! Our family doesn’t have close relationship with other nobles or royals,” Loth denied.

“Yes. Besides, we are only here for our vacation,” Elaine added.

Myune wasn’t sure if they were telling the truth. They suddenly arrived and tried to get close to her.

“Master Willem!” Gregory called. He looked troubled.

Suddenly everyone heard the sound of siren from afar. The vibration of vechiles and the sound of falling branches were getting closer. The Queency came in a flock, and they forced their way through the cornfield. Myune and her friends were panicking. Meanwhile, Lizzy grumbled and tried to free its body from the iron chain.

“It’s the time.” Master Willem walked toward the hay beside Myune. He dissembled it quickly as if he was possessed. How surprised they were when they saw a two-wheeled long vehicle hiding under it. It had gleaming green color, high back seat, and big golden muffler.

“That’s limited edition Krono—” Loth dropped his jaw when he saw it. His body trembled at the sight of a luxurious vehicle in front of him. “Why is it here?” Master Willem, who was cleaning the motorcycle, only rolled his eyes. “Can I ride it later?”

“Be quiet, kid! I won’t use this vehicle except for emergency situations,” infuriated Master Willem. Then he pushed Krono to the middle of the room, and he pressed a few buttons until the screen beside the handlebar was on. “Myune, come with me!”

“Why only me?” Myune asked.

“Because our mission here is just to protect you.”

“But—” Myune glanced at Loth and Elaine. “How about them?”

“Rest assured! We are going to guard them,” Gregory answered while setting a few blades at his shoes and hands.

“Let me help you! I and Lizzy can fight them,” Loth said.

“We are not convinced yet that you aren’t spies,” Grigory replied.

“I have told you—”

Myune wanted to stop their argument, but Master Willem suddenly ordered her to ride on the back seat. Unwillingly, Myune jumped and sat behind him. She wore the helm given by Master Willem’s bald companion. Aside from helmet, the companion gave her a flame-like marble. “It can help you from the shots,” he said.

“Thanks, Bin,” Master Willem said. Then he wore his own helmet and gloves. “Myune, hold on tightly! This is going to be a wild ride in the history of Erda.”

It sounded scary. Even though Myune didn’t know the origin of the richest man in Erda, but rumor said that he was an expert in everything. Maybe motorcycle race was one of them?

“Let’s show them what a real war is!” Master Willem said while rotating the handlebar, speeding the vehicle forward. The Krono crashed against the wall and destroyed it.

0