Chapter 6
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Just because I treat you for free, doesn’t mean I’ll just treat whoever you want me to for free.” Mei’nin’sa looked up at Keh’dor’rin with her heart melting, watery eyes. Keh’dor’rin rolled his eyes, “I treat you for free because you’re my cousin.” he waved his hand at Tejara, nose slightly crinkled. “That is not my cousin. So either pay up or let Val’lin’r in so he can pay up.”

The pair of beautiful cousins stared each other down. Tejara didn’t move, seated between them with her hair still in Mei’nin’sa’s hands. Blood continued to drip from her nose but she made no effort to wipe it away. She just sat still with a blank expression as if the appearance and pain of the body she inhabited had nothing to do with her in the least.

Finally, Mei’nin’sa sighed and broke eye contact with Keh’dor’rin to look at Nai, “Let him in.”

“Yes, Lady MeiMei.” Nai cursied, before scurrying out the door.

Mei’nin’sa let go of Tejara’s hair and reclined back in her chair, resting her cheek on her hand, “I can’t really let you flirt with one of my most frequent customers in front of me, you know.”

Keh’dor’rin scoffed and sputtered, “Flirting? Why would I-? Why would you-? I don’t flirt.”

Mei’nin’sa raised her eyebrows and her lips curled up in a slight grin, “Come on, Keh. You clearly like him. Can’t you tell that you’re blushing.”

Keh’dor’rin’s hands jumped up to his warm, reddening cheeks but he tried to mask the movement by pushing back his dark, wavy bangs, “I have no idea what you’re talking about,” he replied curtly.

Mei’nin’sa giggled, a pure and clear sound that pierced right through Tejara’s frozen heart. “It is true that you don’t actually flirt with him. Do you even know how? Want me to teach you?”

“Meimei...” Keh’dor’rin warned with a glare and ruby red cheeks.

“It’s a genuine offer!”

Before they could continue, Val’lin’r stepped in. His head was already lowered as he shuffled in and he only bowed lower in Mei’nin’sa’s direction, “I thought about what you said and I am here to apologize to you and to the poor beggar and pay for any medical treatments.” Val’lin’r finally raised his head and saw Keh’dor’rin. “Ah, Physician Keh’dor’rin! You’re already here!” With a bright smile, Val’lin’r took a step towards Keh’dor’rin.

Keh’dor’rin crossed his arms over his chest and pursed his lips, “Mei’nin’sa likes to abuse the fact that I always come when she calls.”

Still smiling, Val’lin’r asked, “Did you already treat the beggar?”

Seeing his smiling face, even Tejara would have to admit he was a handsome youth with soft, full cheeks and deep dimples. His dark brown eyes were clear and bright and there was a high arch to his brows that made him look even brighter and happier.

Keh’dor’rin nodded, the light pink dusting his cheeks only obvious if one knew to look, “I set her broken nose. There are some medicines I’d like to prescribe and I’d like to check the state of her ribs more closely...”

“Her?”

When Val’lin’r glanced over at Mei’nin’sa and Tejara, Mei’nin’sa wrapped her arms around Tejara from behind. Tejara had no choice but to focus on the sensation of ample breasts pressing against her back, of warm arms wrapping around her and covering her bare collarbone, and a soft cheek pressed against her own cheek. Her mouth went dry and she glanced around for something she could drink but at the same time was unwilling to move and break contact.

“Look at this beautiful, delicate maiden you beat up! Don’t you feel terrible!”

0