Chapter 7
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man held a little girl in his arms. He smooshed his cheek against hers and rubbed his short, rough beard against her soft cheek, tearing giggles out of her. Once he was satisfied with her shrieking laughter he let her go, wiping away the tears at the corners of her eyes and kissing her skinned elbow. He sighed with a hint of joy as he took both of her hands in his, “I know my Tejara is a beautiful, delicate maiden but please do not cry so loudly. It breaks my poor heart...”

...

“Look at this beautiful, delicate maiden you beat up! Don’t you feel terrible!” Mei’nin’sa rocked back and forth as she spoke, gently dragging Tejara along with her rhythm.

Suddenly, Tejara’s vision blurred, tears streaming down her cheeks. Val’lin’r flinched when he saw her start to cry. Mei’nin’sa stopped rocking and came around to face Tejara. She raised her hands up to wipe away her tears, “Are you in pain?” she asked with a frown that didn’t diminish her beauty at all. The second Mei’nin’sa’s soft hands touched Tejara’s rough cheeks, a choked up sob spilled out. Tejara hunched over, lowering her head towards Mei’nin’sa. With a soft, kind smile, Mei’nin’sa hooked her arms around the back of Tejara’s neck and pulled her down, pressing Tejara’s forehead against her collarbone. Mei’nin’sa combed her fingers through Tejara’s wet and still slightly matted hair.

With her face buried in Mei’nin’sa’s chest, Tejara finally spoke her first words in a long time, “No one has treated me this well in a long time.”

Mei’nin’sa rested her cheek against the top of Tejara’s head, “This world is truly too cruel, a beautiful girl should never have to suffer as you have.”

0