Prologue.
652 10 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 1-

It’s all gone, all of it. I returned after my journey to the Imperial Library. To find everything in ashes. All my friends, all our research, gone. Even my old journal was in there. I had forgotten it and now, even though Elizabeth reminded me three times.

I bet I know who it was too. That good for nothing Kingdom of Sherwood. All high and mighty and self-righteous. They took everything from me.

Gone, gone, gone, gone. I’m still here, I can rebuild. Maybe test that theory. Everyone said it was too despite and too convoluted.

They were right.

That’s why I went, to study. To simplify the problem. Then maybe we can finally stop banging our heads against a wall and get something done. Finally, create the ultimate combat homunculi.

I must find a place to rebuild. I'll mourn for my fellow’s latter.

 

Day 2-

I found a castle of all things. A fortress, hidden deep within MT. Gregor This place is so old. would anyone of any of the current generations even remember its existence? It’s perfect!

Day 4-

I was so busy setting up shop I forgot to write in this journal of mine yesterday. My wife, Elizabeth always kept on top of it, but now she’s gone. She always said we need to keep note so others who follow us know where to step and not to step. She right, of course, she always was.

Nothing of consequence happened today or yesterday. Still, I miss her, and the rest of them.

 

 

Day 5-

I explored in the basements today, there are three levels in total. First the high basement. It appears that the previous occupant used this level for storage. Next, the lower basement, dungeons. If you’ve seen one you’ve seen them all. Last the sub-basement, catacombs. Perfect. Better yet, all the corpses have been very well mummified. Although homunculus made of corpses this old is the lowest tier of all, and worthless in combat, they will make good prototypes. Found some booze down here too.

 

Day 6-

I give a toast to the fallen.

  • My Darling wife Elizabeth
  • Rattler
  • Grey
  • Ross
  • And Ol'CT

God rest you all!

Thos danm Serwooders Ill sheo them I will. I build an anrmmy and kill every one of em basatrds! Kill me friends wil you! Kill my belovd Cindra wil l you. Never again!  

 

 

Day 7-

I woke up with a hangover. Note to self, hide journal before getting drunk. 

 

Day 10-

An artificial soul is only smart enough for simple orders and next to no conversational skills. That is the problem with the homunculus. However, what that lacked in brains they made up for in strength, well depending on how you make them. Unlike us humans that are born with only a small handful of magic and skills. A homunculus potential was only limited by its creator.

So, what if you could put a human soul into the homunculus body? You would still be you, of course, just better, all limits removed. That was our goal.

There is a problem with that. Volunteers for soul removal and transfer are hard to come by.

Also, other high and mighty groups of people, such as the Kingdom of Sherwood, decided that such a thing was not for humans, and best left for God. Called it immoral! Then they killed them...

I’m off track here... I’m currently having the same problem that we had, and solved, back at the old lab.

Souls, how do I acquire souls, without kidnapping someone? I needed to make a Soul Caldron. So, I can summon souls of the dead to me.

 

Day 25-

How to make a Soul Caldron

  1. Need Large Kettle
  2. If you are not talented in Soul Magic, you will need a Soul Stone
  3. If you are not talented in Space Magic, you will need a Space Stone

Use space magic to reach dead into the Soul Void. To understand the Soul Stream please refer to The After Life and Me, by Charles Hemsworth. How the Incantation is worded is up to you.

Use Soul Magic to attract, captor, and place souls in the artificial body. No incantation required here it's all very hands on.

 

Day 20-

The Soul Caldron works! I went a little deeper into the Soul Void than with my first Caldron, I hope to get stronger souls this way. Well, its a theory anyway.

 

Day 21-

I transmuted, one of the corpses into a homunculus body. Should probably list the ingredients for future researchers. When they read of my brilliance!

These Ingredients are important for replacing lost tissue that was lost during decomposition.

Ingredients for a Lesser homunculus.

  1. One badly decayed corpse
  2. Too many ashes
  3. Too much dirt
  4. A seas worth of salt
  5. An armory’s worth of iron
  6. A lake of Oil
  7. Wood (had to use rotten sadly, beggars can’t be choosers)
  8. 1 human soul

Just because it been mummified doesn’t mean it's in great shape, using body’s this badly decayed is just not economical. So as far as measurements go guesswork is your best work.

The homunculus body looked like any other of its kind. Plain and genderless. Its stats are as poor as I expected considering low quality in both ingredients and dead bodies. Now for the soul.

 

Day 22-

The body excepted the soul! The body changed its form, as with previous trials in the old lab, the body changed shape to meet the expectations of the soul that’s entered. We deduced at the time, that this was how the soul thought its old body looked before death and changed the new one accordingly. Welcome to the world. Again.

Still Day 22-UPDATE!

Back to banging my head against a wall! Memory’s that was our biggest problem before. The old soul still had its memory’s intact.

This guy is annoying. He keeps going on about how cool it is to be in another world!

WHAT OTHER WORLD?! Another planet? Is it in our solar system? And I quote for any future researchers who come across this issue.

“I can’t believe I’m in another world I mean who knew getting hit by that truk would actually mean I’d get isikied! Just like at aneme”

Like you, future researcher, I don’t know what any of that means either, but now you are warned. Summoned souls will say strange things. Some of which I don’t even think are words. Truk? Isikied? If your future researcher solves this puzzle, then you are a far greater intellectual than I. I’m not even sure I’m spelling the words right!

I have him locked up for now. It is late and I need sleep.

 

Day 23-

Now he’s asking me if he’s been summoned to fight the demon lord and be a hero! I can’t take this nonsense.

Mind Stone is the thing I need. I wouldn’t need such a thing if it wasn’t for those Sherwood Butchers!

Of course, at the Time Dr. Rattler would have been able to learn and perform the necessary incantation. He was gifted in mind magic after all.

But I have no such talent. My gift is space magic, which is how I was able to build the soul caldron.

We all had specialty the five of us. We were a team. Damn Sherwood!

Now I must go find a mind stone. I sadly must replace my old friend.

 

Day 32-

Finally! The merchant in the village finally found a mind stone! I had to put subject 1 in suspended animation to keep him from driving me crazy!

But now I can wipe his mind and be done with it!

 

Day 33-

This place is still a mess! I think I am going to make myself some more homunculus. There are some old servants’ clothes that have been well preserved by some old household magic from back when.

 

Day 34-

Five new weak homunculi, just for me. I am going to need some fresh corpses soon. So, the real research can begin.

 

Day 200-

One of the new guards when mad! I had just given him life and was about to erase his memory when he escaped his bonds and tore my lab apart. Including my journal. Days 40 til now are still missing. I've informed the staff to keep an eye out.

 

 

Hello, The Author here. I hope this little prologue intrigued you enough to continue on reading. I have another story too.

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/41701/rise-of-the-magical-girl-vigilante/

Feel free to give it a read.

 

 

6