Chapter Q&A + Patch Notes
576 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Haha, surprise! Wintertime here, or call me Winter. I'm the author of this series and this is a short Q&A chapter because I need to cheese the updated charts, but also answer some questions you guys have been asking me throughout these few months of creating this novel. I hope you guys get answered some of the questions I've been getting DM'ed, and I hope you enjoy the series to come.

Q: What's your direction for this novel? Is it ever going to be finished?

A: This novel started off as a hobby project because I was interested in making my own MMO series. I had tons of experience prior to leading up to the creation of the novel, and I want to convey the emotions and experiences of myself personally, along with some interesting concepts that I wanted to introduce as well. Yes, I do plan to eventually finish this novel, although it probably won't be finished in the near future. I guess that's good for you guys because I'm not even close to finished with the novel as of this chapter, so there's a lot in store for you.

Q: What drew inspiration for this novel? Did you have any inspiration at all?

A: A lot of things drew inspiration. My own experience of MMO's and the several light novels, books, and series I watched throughout the years. Some noticeable games I drew revelations on were Archeage, Lineage, Lost Ark, Maplestory I and II, Dragon Nest, FlyFF, Runescape, WoW, and Tera. Some anime and manga were .hack series, Log Horizon, and the much dreaded Sword Art Online. Some light novels that drew inspiration were obviously King's Avatar, Rebirth of the Thief Who Roamed the World, Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, and some others. I want to bring an experience that has only the best from these series/things, while also bringing balance and game design at the forefront along with realistic characters in mind.

Q: Why are the updates so few and far apart? What the hell have you been doing all this time?

A: Most of you already know this, but for those who don't. I am a semi-professional/professional Challenger League of Legends player. Not to be confused by the support player Winter; whoever plays LoL will know who this is. I spend most of my time coaching others and improving my own skills so one day I might be able to go pro. I am also on my own journey to improve as a player, so I hope I can reflect a little bit on my progress throughout my writing.

The reason for the far and few between updates is because I just can't find time to write whenever I want to. As much as I would like to craft an amazing story, I want to make quality over quantity work; which requires most of my brain processes and not autopiloting chapters to shove out garbage content. That's why my chapters are usually so long, I don't want to be bogged down with short chapters because I think that interrupts my workflow. Obviously it's different for everyone else, but I want readers to be excited about a chapter release.

I'll try to update more consistently for my readers because I know how waiting for a chapter can be a pain sometimes. I completely understand, so I will try my best to live up to reader expectations.

Q: What can I do to help you?

A: Just being an avid reader, promoting my novel, and giving me suggestions is already good enough. You don't need to donate money, or convince me to make a Patreon, etc, etc. This novel will probably never leave Scribblehub, and if it does, It won't be tied to a premium service; and you can quote me on that. I do however need a proofreader, and someone to help me with ideas. So if you're up for that, show me your portfolio and DM me some good ideas. 

Q: Can I be a character in your novel? I got this cool background character idea I was thinking of and...

A: Private message me first. It's a maybe on this one, I'm open to ideas. Don't expect anything though.

Q: Explain where you got the name of the novel.

A: Arclight Online came from many inspirations. A drawback to the games Archeage Online and Lost Ark. Arclight is also a skin-line in League of Legends, one of my all-time favorites. Arclight is also parallel to the word Aesir; meaning Old Gods. Similar to the players that inhabit the game, especially our main character. The name also gives some Diablo vibes, which I like too.

Q: Your story pacing is too fast/slow! Change it.
A: No. However, it will get a lot faster in terms of pacing as time goes on, I have a lot of fun and unique things I want to show you guys. 

Q: Should I write a review and rate the novel?

A: Yes. Please do.

Q: My question isn't on here! 

A: If you have a question that is on your mind and that has not been answered, please reply to this thread and I will update the chapter every now and then to accommodate your needs.

Patch Notes

- Added better functionality of pop-ups. Using tables now instead of text to display in-game popups.
- Fixed some of the spelling errors, and fixed some of the tenses within the last few chapters. 
- Art has been added in Chapter Four, under a 'Spoiler' tags. It is an artwork of White.
- 'Spoiler' tags will now denote large pop-up interfaces, and/or Art pieces from now on. 

- Will update the main page artwork in the near future. Might commission more works from artists.
- The main story cover is a description of the character Iyana. It is not original work however, so the design will change.
- Fixed some of the Ability descriptions. Cross Slash was previously called Cross Cut.
- Fixed some naming mistakes. White and Ace were getting mixed up in some chapters.
- Items from the Inventory list from Chapter Ten have been updated to correctly show his Use inventory.
- Revamped Item Layout Interface, Updated the Items in Chapter Three, Six and Chapter Ten to match and better show stats. 
- Removed Level point indicator from Chapter Ten's Skill Tab due to spacing reasons. Will come up with solution in future.
- Winter's Gold from the Chapter Ten Character tab is now displayed correctly. A mistake on my part.

- I have been posting more consistently over the past week, follow me to get updated on the latest chapters.
- Updated the built-in Scribblehub Glossary book up towards Chapter Ten. Added more Characters and Settings. 
- Updated Chapter One. It now has a pretty good looking Title card; same as this one.
- The player interface now uses real damage formulas and takes into account current items that the player is wearing. 
- Yes, you read it correctly. Those values such as STR, ATK, etc, are 100% accurate. They are not made up.
- Demon Hunter class has been renamed to Pathfinder, Infighter has been renamed to Striker.
- Belt of the Stone Guardian has been upgraded from Rare to Epic. 

Patch Version. 1.0.3, (11/09/2019) Revision 3

 

3