Chapter 2
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List

3.9 kg of Pork

9.5 Loaves Of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony

Spare Clothing

Sword & Shield

Bow+Quiver (15 arrows)

6 Silvers, 80 Coppers

Feyte Arrives at Flame Village as the sun hits its peak in the sky, Feyte sees a Giant Bonfire in the settlement, burning brightly.

Feyte wanders down the road before finding someone to ask for directions. A young man with brown hair cut in a way that almost seems tribal, considering what seems to be a bone being used to tie up his hair.

“Hello Sir, I have two questions, Is there an adventurers guild here and what's the bonfire about?”

“Ah yes, hello young lady, our settlement has always believed that a fire needs to keep burning or great turmoil will happen upon the settlement and yes, we do have an adventurers guild, I can show you there if you like”

“That would be much appreciated, thank you sir”

“Alright, follow me then Young Lady”

Feyte follows the young man down the road towards one of the bigger buildings that can be seen in the village, Feyte looks around the village, noticing an almost tribal architecture, whether this architecture comes from the tribal roots that the village has or something else entirely is unknown, but bones can be seen incorporated into decorations for some of the houses.

“Here we are young lady”

Feyte is knocked out of her gaze by the words of the young man and looks up to notice a big building, possibly 3 stories with doors that seem big enough to accommodate two of her standing on top of each other.

“Thank you sir, I appreciate you leading the way”

Feyte walks up to the doors and uses all her effort to push the door open and takes in the interior of the guild hall, Tables all around with what looks to be a Bar to one side with numerous people sitting around, Humans, Dwarves, what seems to be an Ogre with a Cannon by his side at the Bar ordering entire barrels to drink.

Feyte notices the counter with a receptionist, seemingly a Beastfolk sitting down considering her Feline Ears, going through some documents.

Feyte approaches the counter before knocking on the counter to get the receptionists attention

The Receptionist looks up from her documents upon noticing someone there

“Sorry about that, how may I help you Miss?”

“Hello, I would like to register please”

“Registration you say? That would be five silver coins for your documentation and proof of ranking”

Feyte jumps back a little upon hearing the cost, not realising there even was one to register as an adventurer

Feyte scrounges through her bag to find the coin pouch as well as the Sword & Shield.

“While we're at it, how much could I get for this Sword & Shield”

The Receptionist looks the sword and shield up and down.

“The Guild will take this equipment for 7 Silver considering how used this is and the bits of rust here and there on the sword, a sign it hasn’t been well taken care of”

“All right, can I use that to cover my registration fee then and have the change please”

“Certainly Young Lady, here's 2 Silver, what should we put on your registration as your identification?”

Feyte pockets the 2 silver into her pouch before putting it back in her bag. “Feyte, just put down Feyte”

“Fate? That's an interesting thing to put down as your identification, very well Ms. Fate”

Come Back tomorrow and we will have your identification ready Ms. Fate” 

“Oh, where in town can I get some Lodging?”

“Did you not know Ms. Fate? The Adventurers Guild provides lodging on the third floor for 40 copper coins a night, usually this lodging is only for adventurers, but since your just waiting on your identification, we can make an exception”

“That would be much appreciated, thank you miss”

Feyte hands the receptionist 40 copper coins from her coin pouch which the receptionist takes with a grin before putting her pouch away.

The Receptionist hands Feyte a key “this is the key to your room, look for Room Seven on the third floor, should be quite easy to find, the rooms are clearly labeled, stairs are over there” The receptionist says as she points to a door at the side of the receptionists counter.

Nodding, Feyte walks to the door before opening it, revealing a staircase with which she can climb.

Feyte climbs the staircase and arrives at the third floor before heading down the corridor looking for Room Seven. Feyte notices that the numbers on the doors seem to get less vibrant the further down the corridor she goes until she arrives at room Seven.

Feyte inserts the key into the door before turning it, opening the door Feyte gets a look of the inside of the room, Feyte notices a Bed alongside a table with a chair, the room seeming to be quite empty other than these pieces of furniture.

Feyte puts her bag on the chair, leaving the bow & quiver on the table, keeping her Dirk on her person as well as grabbing a silver coin before heading downstairs again, locking the door on her way out. 

Feyte goes to the bar before sitting on a stool. Looking at the barkeep, an older man with dark hair that seems to be graying out. “Sir, could I have something to eat, just a light meal, also I have some meat in my room, would it be possible for you to smoke it for me so it can last on the road”

“Sure miss, 30 coppers for a meal, and yeah, I could smoke some meat for you, how much do you have, that will decide the price”

“I’ll go grab my bag while you prepare my meal, does that sound good sir?”

“That sounds great miss, the meal will be ready soon”

Feyte nods before returning back to her room to grab her bag, ensuring that she carefully locks the room so that nobody can get in.

Feyte goes back down the stairs before sitting back down in the stool.

“Good timing Miss, here's your meal, can I see the meat that you want smoked?”

“Sure Thing Sir” Feyte pulls out the smaller bag within her bag within which the pork is stored.

The Man picks up the meat and weighs it. “I’ll smoke it for 2 silvers, does that sound good?”

“Yes Sir, Thank you”

“Alright, that will be 2 silvers and 30 coppers then Miss”

Feyte hands over the money with pain in her heart considering that this is all more than she thought it would all cost.

Feyte looks at her meal after handing over the money, on her plate, there is some cut meat on the side of her plate, there is also some bread alongside cheese as well as what Feyte can only identify as Lettuce.

As Feyte is eating, a man sits down next to her before waving to the barkeep. “Yo little Miss, how are you doing, are you by any chance looking for a party with which to group with considering that you’re all alone, my party would be happy to accommodate you if that's what you need.”

“No, i’m quite alright thank you, this village is only a brief stop on my journey”

“A brief stop? Where are you heading Miss if you don't mind me asking”

“I’m sorry, but I would prefer not to tell anyone sir, I hope that you understand that we all have our own circumstances”

“No sweating it little lady, appreciate the fact that you responded to me, sometimes people just treat me like I don't exist”

The Barkeep walks over, “alright Miss, here’s what you asked for, I appreciate the fact that I'm getting paid for this, oh yeah Miss, who were you talking to, yourself? Cause there's nobody else here, are you ok Miss?

Feyte pales after hearing the barkeep say this and looks at the seat next to her, where the man waves back at her as though happy that she knows that he's there.

“Thanks Sir, its nothing, i'm going to head back to my room now”

Feyte puts the smoked pork once again inside her bag before hurrying back to her room and locking the door behind her, in terror.

 

1