Chapter 3
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

3.9 kg of Pork (Smoked)

9.5 Loaves Of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony

Spare Clothing

Bow+Quiver (15 arrows)

6 Silvers, 10 Coppers

“What was that, why could I see that man, or more importantly, why couldn't everyone else?

Is it as they thought, am I going Crazy? No no, that can't be, I'm sure there was a person there.

Maybe, I should just go to sleep, I'll feel better in the morning and surely nothing so crazy will happen again, right?”

Feyte gets into the bed and attempts to sleep, staring at the ceiling as she continues thinking about what that man could have been.

“Could he have been a ghost? No, surely not, the others would have been able to see a ghost”

As Feyte continues thinking about what happened she succumbs to sleep.

Feyte opens her eyes looking around, the area looks shattered, pieces of debris floating in the air, what seems to be a void below the piece of land Feyte is standing on, what seem to be Islands floating in the sky and finally a Lone House in the distance, a truly weird place.

“Child, You will join me the easy way, or the hard way and trust me, you don't want it to be the hard way. NOW COME!” A Deep voice beckons from the void.

Feyte trembles upon hearing this voice, having heard it numerous times before and whom Feyte Assumes caused the Fire. Feyte turns away from the void and walks towards the house in the distance. It's strange, the house is gray, with flower beds out-front the windows and a large tinted Turquoise glass door. The House looks unlike any other that Feyte has ever seen before.

As Feyte walks up to the door, it feels strange, almost like it's beckoning her to open the door, Feyte puts her hand on the door handle and pushes it open.

“That's quite rude y’know, not even knocking when entering someone's home” 

Feyte looks over to the source of the voice and sees a black haired woman wearing tattered clothing and her left arm completely bandaged, strangely enough as Feyte looks into her golden eyes, a name pops into her head, Velvet.

“Hello Miss, i'm sorry to intrude, I just don't know where I am and was wondering if you could tell me how I could leave”

“Well, it's not too much of an issue, I did summon you here for a reason, You, my child are not human if you ever realised it, it may seem strange to hear, but surely you can think of things that have happened which don't seem entirely normal if you were indeed a human.”

Feyte looks at Velvet, utterly confused that this person not only summoned her but seemingly knows more than Feyte even does about herself.

“Well, it's not like I am going to tell you everything, I'm just giving you some information, you need to piece the rest together yourself before you find out what you truly are, child. It will be a journey that I hope to see you go through, for it will be an interesting one.

Anyway, I will send you back from whence you came, I hope that your journey is fulfilling, for it will be a turbulent journey finding out your true heritage.”

Feyte wakes up with a startle, heavily confused by the dream she has just had, her eyes giving off a burning sensation and everything in Grayscale.

As Feyte looks around, utterly shaken by what is going on, she notices what seem to be white balls, floating into the sky. As Feyte looks around, her vision goes back to normal, once again seeing in colour and not Grayscale.

Feyte gets out of bed and grabs her belongings and leaves the room, once again locking the door behind her.

Feyte walks down to the first floor of the Guild, heading to the receptionist and putting down the key for the room on the counter. The receptionist looks up from her paperwork.

“Ah, Hello Again Ms. Fate, let me grab your identification and thank you for returning the key. I truly appreciate it, you wouldn't believe the amount of people that fail to return the key. Do you know how frustrating it is having to find it or chase them down for it?”

The Receptionist scrounges through the draws in the counter before pulling out a Copper medallion with “Fate” written on it and hands it to Feyte.

“Here's your identification Miss Fate, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask”

Feyte nods. “Do we have to turn in our requests at the same guild that we picked them up at”

“Ah yes, this is a common question that new adventurers have, no you do not, due to the system we used with the identification, it properly tells us what request you have picked up and all the information pertaining to it, however you do have to hand it in to another guild wherein the area uses the same currency or else it can be difficult to get the rewards organised.

I know you probably know as well, but one you have decided on a request, do bring it to the receptionist of the guild from which you picked up the request so that we can register into the system that you have taken that request.”

“Thank You, I appreciate the information, it will help on my journey” Feyte nods (Politely Brief) before heading over to the request board.

Feyte arrives at the request board before skimming through the requests, 

Find Medicinal Herbs 

Hunt An Owlbear 

Kobold Infestation

Possible Undead Sightings

Missing Person

Goblin Problem

Feyte looks through the destination of the requests and finds that only one of them involves going further West, the Goblin Problem. Feyte grabs the request off the board to have a closer look. 

 

Goblin Problem

 

Goblins have been harassing the roads to the West of Flame Village, please Dispose of them so that the merchants have an easier time.

Reward: 25 Copper Per Goblin

Proof Of Subjugation: Right Ear

Optional: Please retrieve any Identification that u find in their possession so we can confirm their condition

 

Feyte nods before heading towards the receptionist's desk to take the request.

“Ah, Ms. Fate, have you decided on what request you want to take, oh I see that you have a request in your hand, please let me see it”

Feyte hands the receptionist the request “here's the request that I would like to take”

“Ah, the Highwaymen? Those goblins have been harassing those merchants, they aren't losing many items, however they are having to pay extra for the security of their goods which is reducing their profits by a margin, hence why they made a request to the guild so that we can have people deal with it

Could you hand me your adventurer identification so I can put your acceptance of this request into the guilds system Ms. Fate.” 

Feyte nods (Politely Brief) before handing the identification over to the receptionist who inputs the requests acceptance into the system before handing the identification back to Feyte.

“Thank You Ms. Fate, could I trouble you to put the request back onto the board so that other people can accept it if they so choose”

“It's no trouble”

Feyte heads back to the board before putting the request back on the board before someone grips her shoulder.

“Well well Little Missy, you think you can deal with some highwaymen all by yourself do you?”

“No, but it's the only request in the direction i'm heading, so I thought that I would see what I could do on my way”

“Do you need help from people who actually have the ability to complete this request?”

“No, i’ll be fine on my own thank you”

“Alright, don't say I didn't warn you that you couldn't do it while you’re on the ground bleeding out”

Feyte nods curtly in response to the man before brushing him aside and heading to leave the guild.

1