Chapter 4
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

3.4 kg of Pork (Smoked)

7.5 Loaves Of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony

Spare Clothing

Bow+Quiver (12 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Copper)

6 Silvers, 10 Coppers

 

A Few days have passed as Feyte walks down the dark, dingy road in the forest towards Ulton with an unnaturally quiet journey as she heads further down the road, Feyte initially seeing abundant wildlife, with which she practiced her archery on some of the rabbits, but having only seen a lone rabbit in the last few hours.

The road seems unused, most likely due to the highwayman that Feyte plans to deal with, the trees are overgrown, there's little light down here with how the trees nearly form an arch over the road with their branches.

As Feyte walks along, she sees a bend, a place that could be a good place for an ambush depending on the terrain around it from Feytes limited knowledge of ambushes

Noticing the bend, Feyte sneaks into the treeline before looking for a vantage point. Seeing a tree at the bend that dwarfs the surrounding trees, Feyte chooses a tree with a clear view of it, but still having a view of the bend.

Feyte moves towards the tree before climbing up it as quietly as she can, flinching when one of the branches shake, worrying that one of the highwaymen could be nearby and notice the commotion.

As Feyte settles on a high branch, Feyte starts looking around to see if she can notice anything out of place, 

Looking at the Bend Feyte sees a tree that's fallen onto the road, it seems too coincidental that it happens almost at the bend, a perfectly placed object that would delay caravans or tire the escorts out since they will be the ones moving the tree out of the way to allow any wagons carrying goods to continue down the road.

Feyte continues looking around and notices a strange flag near the top of the taller tree, seemingly, it could be used to signal anybody that knows what it entails, most likely used with a lookout alongside it with the camp nearby with view of the flag to know when to come over for an ambush.

Noting the location of the flag, Feyte looks near it to see if she can spot the presumed lookout. 

As Feyte looks around it, she notices something glinting from the tree, what seems to be a scabbard with a few holes in it, where the glint was coming from. As Feyte looks at it she notices that things seem clearer, almost as though it's all being revealed, the scabbard is on the hip of a goblin, one of the highwaymen.

Feyte measures the distance to the highwaymen, roughly 30m from her current location, not the easiest shot, but definitely something Feyte can hit a good chunk of the time, whether it would dispose of them was another matter.

Feyte Moves into a thicker part of the branch so that she can aim properly at the highwaymen without worrying about falling, Feyte aims at the target and pulls the arrow back before launching it at the highwaymen.

The arrow flies through the air and the highwaymen notices it, eyes widening as the arrow impacts them in the chest, causing them to stumble and consequently plummet off the tree and down to the ground, the Goblin hits the ground with a crunch, most likely some bones breaking, presumably finishing him if he is not already dead.

Feyte puts the bow back over her so it's easier to carry before drawing her Dirk and approaching the Highwayman.

As Feyte moves closer, she keeps an eye on the goblin for movements, she gets close and thrusts the Dirk at the goblins neck, thrusting the blade into the goblins neck, finishing him if he was not already dead. The arrow sadly was irretrievable due to the fact that he landed on the arrow, breaking it.

The Goblin was dead, mangled, a horrific sight for anybody, especially one like Feyte whose hands were not bloodied. As Feyte looks at the body, she's shaken, thinking about how in other circumstances, that could have been her, it still could be her as there are more bandits about. Feyte hurls at these thoughts, the thoughts of how this could be her before falling to the ground in shock and hyperventilating.

After a few minutes, Feyte slowly stands up, still shaking as she stands, before slowly grabbing the body of the Goblin and dragging it into the treeline before stiffly cutting off his right ear as proof that a bandit has been dealt with. Feyte than pushes the body into a bush so that it would be harder to find for anyone that comes investigating.

Feyte goes back to the tree that the lookout was on before slowly climbing her way up to the flag to see if she can spot their hideout from there as she would have a better vantage point.

Feyte reaches the flag's location and begins looking around before being shocked by the beauty of the terrain she sees nearby. A great waterfall falling down a cliff with trees forming an arch below it, looking like something out of a fairy tale, roughly 600m away. Beside the waterfall, there seems to be a pathway up the cliff, easy to traverse and looking extremely unnatural.

Noticing this, Feyte looks around the waterfall, spotting what seems to be some tents. Possibly being the bandits. Feyte looks around to see if she can see anything else but there are only trees and the river continuing downstream from the waterfall. Feyte determines that the Tents at the top of the waterfall is most likely the bandits hideout, a strange place to have it at the top as it's not very well hidden, but understandable if they would want the high ground for vantage purposes, although it reduces their options to escape if they're under attack.

Feyte notes the location of the river before slowly climbing down the tree and heading towards the river. Feyte draws her bow and nocks an arrow, in preparation for what she may encounter on her way to her destination.

Feyte spots the river through the trees and slowly approaches it and checks the direction in which the stream is flowing. Feyte slowly starts heading up stream towards the location of the waterfall, She knows she has to be quick as she is not sure how long until the lookouts switch. In hindsight, she realises she should have waited for the lookout to switch before attempting to take them out, giving her maximum time to find their camp and plan.

Feyte reaches the bottom of the waterfall and goes back into the treeline and heads towards the unnatural path up the cliff face by the waterfall that she saw earlier. Feyte watches the path before putting down her bag, leaving just her Bow, Quiver and Dirk on her. Feyte puts them down before grabbing some bread out of her bag to eat as she watches the pathway. 

Feyte puts the remaining bread away into her bag before getting ready to move up the pathway which thankfully does not lead straight to their camp, the path ends a bit away from the camp due to the location of which the bandits decided to put their camp.

As Feyte stands up and gets ready to move, she spots someone coming down the path, another goblin, slightly less geared then the lookout, presumably as the lookout is alone often so they had divided the gear in his favour partially.

Feyte nocks an arrow as the goblin continues moving closer to her destination, As Feyte watches him slowly approach, she realises she is going to have to take him out, here and now or she will be discovered and lose her advantage.

Feyte slowly draws the string of the bow back to make as little noise as she can before unleashing the arrow at the goblin whom lifts his arm, seemingly to scratch his head, before the arrow plunges into his arm, causing him to yelp in pain from the unexpected pain and danger he's been put in.

Feyte puts her bow down before charging the goblin with her Dirk drawn as the goblin draws a hatchet, seemingly not proficient in the use of the arm he's had to draw the hatchet with, while not finishing the goblin as planned, Feyte is at least certain that she has disabled the goblins dominant arm. As Feyte approaches, the goblin swings his hatchet, Parrying the Hatchet with her Dirk, Feyte moves out of the hatchets way before Thrusting her Dirk into the goblins chest, with which he stumbles and attempts to grab the blade before slowly crumbling to the floor, dead.

Feyte swallows hard thinking about how she has just taken another life before getting herself together and slowly dragging the bandit into the treeline where he can’t be seen easily and cutting off his right ear as proof that he's been dealt with and retrieving her arrow before grabbing her bow and heading towards the cliffside.

 

1