Chapter 5
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

3.4 kg of Pork (Smoked)

7 Loaves Of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony

Spare Clothing

Bow+Quiver (11 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Copper)

6 Silvers, 10 Coppers

Goblin Ears (2)

Feyte Slowly walks up the path as quietly as she can before she arrives at the top, peeking her head up so that she can try and spot somebody, but it would seem that there are no lookouts watching the pathway, possibly because someone has just gone down the pathway, giving them the illusion of safety.

Feyte silently moves over to the bushes and hides behind them to scout out the camp. How many goblins are there in this group of bandits?

Feyte slowly creeps around the camp, spotting 2 goblins by a campfire eating and drinking from jugs, from their reactions it seems to be alcohol. As Feyte continues circling the amp, she hears a smash from one of the tents, considering the reaction of the other goblins, she assumes that this tent is occupied by another goblin with whom the others know has temper issues.

Finally, Feyte sees another goblin by the water fishing, presumably for extra food if it's needed, albeit they most likely won't catch much near the top of a waterfall, maybe he's just not that intelligent.

After Feyte waits for 15 minutes and there is no further movement, she determines that the remaining goblins, if there are any, are either asleep or out of camp at the moment.

Feyte decides that her first target should be the goblin fishing, he's the most isolated and easiest to dispose of in the situation that they are in due to their isolation.

The Goblin is a good 5 meters away from the treeline, not the hardest to ambush but definitely not the easiest. Feyte slowly moves towards the closest bush to the goblin carefully trying to not make a sound. 

As Feyte arrives at the closest bush to the target, she notices that the goblin seems to have actually caught something on his line, most likely going to distract him. Knowing this, Feyte casually walks up behind the goblin, trying to make him think that she is one of his fellow bandits.

As Feyte gets behind him, the goblin talks hurriedly 

“A Little help here, I got something on the line”

Feyte walks up behind him as she draws her dirk before thrusting it into the goblins neck, finishing him when he is distracted, he turns in shock and realises it wasn't one of his comrades before slumping over, the fishing rod falling out of his hands as he does so.

Feyte cuts off the goblins' right ear before pushing his corpse into the river and he floats down the river before falling down the waterfall. Hopefully never to be seen by his comrades.

Feyte moves back into the treeline after having disposed of the goblin before going back and getting a view on the remaining goblins. The two goblins are still drinking by the campfire and they seem a lot more rowdy than before. Feyte slowly moves closer staying behind the tents so that she is out of their view before putting her dirk back into its sheathe and drawing her bow and nocking an arrow.

Feyte watches the 2 goblins before finding her time to strike when one of them starts walking off towards a tent, Feyte shoots her arrow at the one still at the campfire, The arrow flies and it strikes true hitting the goblin in the back and he stumbles into the fire and starts whimpering in pain due to the burns he sustained before he falls down, causing the other goblin to turn around and come back.

The Other Goblin notices him fall over and drunkenly stumbles over towards him to help him up before noticing the shaft poking out of his back. 

“Boss! We got an intruder, need some ba…..”

Feyte unleashes another arrow which goes into his eye, killing him on the spot before he topples onto the ground, dead.

As Feyte unleashes the arrow, A Black Goblin comes out of the tent much bigger than the other goblins, from what was said, The Boss of the bandits, he’s wielding a flail alongside a shield with which he seems to know what he's doing from the way he's holding the flail.

The Goblin starts charging at Feyte as she nocks another arrow, aiming for his shin to avoid the shield that he is holding up, Feyte launches the arrow, hitting the Goblin in the shin, causing him to stumble before he continues moving towards Feyte who throws her bow to the side before drawing her Dirk and meeting him in Melee combat.

Feyte Thrusts her Dirk at the Goblin who parries the blow with his shield before swinging the flail towards Feyte, Feyte blocks with her Dirk but the flail wraps around the Dirk before swinging at her head, Feyte swings her head back to avoid it before enacting a low sweep in an attempt to down the goblin, missing his leg but hitting the arrow shaft coming out of his leg, snapping it after the arrow is forcefully adjusted and gets further stuck into his leg.

The Goblin pulls his flail back forcefully causing the Dirk to fly out of Feyte’s hand and land behind the goblin who gets ready to swing the flail again, Feyte’s Eyes widen as the goblin swings his flail once again and rolls closer to the goblin in an attempt to take advantage of the fact the goblin is swinging his flail, Feyte kicks below the goblins shield, knocking him to the ground as the flail tears into Feyte’s back, leaving a nasty wound.

Now that The Goblin is on the ground, Feyte Tears his shield away from him while grimacing the pain of the wound that she has just been inflicted with before throwing it away, far from the goblin. And rushing towards her bow, grabbing it and nocking an arrow before unleashing her arrow at the impeded goblin as he stands up and rushes towards her. The Goblin smashes the arrow down with his flail as he gets closer.

Feyte nocking another arrow quickly fires again, The Goblin attempts to block the arrow once again but failing to, the arrow hits him square in the chest causing him to stumble as he gets closer to Feyte, falling to the ground mere meters away from Feyte, landing on the arrow shaft, causing it to get pushed in further. As The Goblin lies on the ground staring at his assailant he reaches forward, mumbling under his breath before his arm falls limp and he stops moving entirely.

Feyte stumbles to the ground as the goblin falls over, wincing over the pain that she's been inflicted with in the attack which hit her back. Feyte gets up and brokenly stumbles towards the location her dirk got flung towards before falling back to the ground, Feyte quickly grabs her Dirk before standing back up, using her bow to keep her standing upright before slowly making her way towards one of the tents the Goblins set up, wincing in pain as she makes her way towards it.

As Feyte arrives at the tent, she realises it is just one of the living quarters and collapses onto the bed. As Feyte slumbers, she seems to hear an otherworldly voice, “Don’t waste my legacy, you are the only one I can truly count on in this world, My Child”

Feyte snaps awake, everything she sees is in Grayscale and her wounds are seemingly healed.

“Was that all a dream? No surely not, I vividly remember the pain and this tent looks familiar but why is there no colours when I look around”

Feyte grabs her bow which fell to the ground before leaving the tent and looking around at the battlefield which she fought in. As she looks around, she notices that each of the bandits' corpses has a vague figure floating above them, as she gets closer to investigate the figures they disappear as colour seems to fade back into Feyte’s vision.

Feyte stumped, looks around wondering why her vision occasionally turns Grayscale, it never happened before at the orphanage, maybe it has something to do with the orphanage?

Feyte quickly goes around rummaging the Goblin’s tents before finding a bag with which she puts the cut off ears of the goblins in a compartment of it before heading towards the leaders tent and seeing what he had in his possession.

In the tent, Feyte finds a seemingly pristine Halberd, it looks out of place with all the chaos that seems to have happened in this tent before. Feyte goes up to grab the Halberd, as Feyte inspects the Halberd, A White metal Handle, presumably iron, Strange for such a weapon and a Blue Axe Blade, spike and hook, A Metal Feyte has never seen before, seeing this, Feyte wonders why the Bandit Leader didn't use it and instead used the Flail and shield he seemed so confident with.

As Feyte grabs The Halberds handle, she collapses to the ground, unconscious.

1